silicon power ssd?? good?

papapoi

amazon has a 480gb SSD for $109, i know these have gone down to $99 but i have $120 credit with amazon so i was thinking about using it for this. 

http://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-480GB-Internal-SP480GBSS3S55S25/dp/B019WARKRE/

my question is for anyone who bought this or know someone that has, how is the return policy/warranty on these drives?

i might get the 120 or 240 instead but im just wondering because amazon reviews aren't too trustworthy sometimes and there is no warranty info on the page(other than amazons). 

Thanks

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

i got rekt. i paid the same for my 60GB SSD (shift keys rarely work on this laptop-that's 6 year old hP chicklet keyboards for you .

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

21 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yea saw that one, but want to keep it below the $120 credit, ebay has that drive for $135, if anything i would go with the m.2 250gb for $80 for my system, but im using it for a friends build thats why im wondering about reliability and warranty. and because im using my credit its cash in my pocket. 

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

5 minutes ago, papapoi said:

yea saw that one, but want to keep it below the $120 credit, ebay has that drive for $135, if anything i would go with the m.2 250gb for $80 for my system, but im using it for a friends build thats why im wondering about reliability and warranty. and because im using my credit its cash in my pocket. 

i wouldnt trust that brand

get something from crucial, intel, or samsung

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020