My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" Review

Hi.

I got my first tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 in black, 9.7" WiFi model) a month or so ago.

I thought I'd review it now.

So, the tablet is priced really well. I picked it up on a sale and I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Thickness (or actually) lack thereof

So the Tab S2 is extremely thin. I love it and can comfortably hold it in one hand (excluding the screensize) but it's just thin. It still amazes me and is thinner than any Apple iPad out on the market today.

Battery Life

So the main reason I was nervous about this tablet was the battery life. It was rated to be pretty bad but using it for myself it's AMAZING. I used this tablet all night once, playing music from Spotify and started when the tablet had about 50% charge. We used it during the night and it still had enough charge to do stuff in the morning. Overall, I'm super happy about that.

TouchWiz

I've always loved TouchWiz. It's just ran slow on all of my older devices. On this tablet, it doesn't. Plus the bloatware shipped with it is actually useful. It's the entire Office suite and I absolutely love having Office on the go.

Specs

Now I know, the specs are a bit old but they're still nothing to laugh at. With 2 quad-core processors, 1 at 1.3GHz and the other at 1.8GHz, it is super powerful. It has 3GB RAM which is a lot more than any Apple device and is just overall a really speedy device. The camera is AMAZING and the fingerprint sensor works like that. Super quick.

Screen

This tablet has a Super AMOLED screen. Probably the best screen on a tablet EVER. The colours are so vibrant (great for someone like me who always has the brightness at max) and I can't distinguish any pixels.

Build Quality

It is AMAZING. It uses a metal frame with a 'textured' plastic back which I actually like. It gives the tablet a warmer feel. I use the Samsung case with it which snaps into the back, making it a viable choice for someone who's rough with their tablet. It means you can hold the end of the case without being afraid of dropping it.

Speakers

Now this is the only downside. They are pretty tinny but I rarely use them. I use a bluetooth speaker with it and it works perfectly. It's a bit of a shame but as I said, it really doesn't bother me.

Overall

I expected something like this from Samsung. Something of this class is what I love about the technology industry.

Overall, I'm gonna give it a 9.5/10 and stay tuned for more reviews. 

Thanks guys, Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB