I Considered to upgrade 2 things at once ,so how well did i do ?

loony979

Rightio fello nerdy peeps lets begin.

Ive looked @ jaystwocents & LTT GPU vids.

Also i subbed this guy for his amazing down to earth vids on Gpu's

& With there help i realized all im going to be doing is 1080p

anyway so for my upgrades i knew i need to have 2 things.

1.New GPU/GPU's

2.New Cpu Cooler.

Now 1stly ill state this for the record: i once had a ASUS GTX 460 Reference card :

This ugly thing (@ the time it was the balls) Played my GTA IV well but not well .if ya get me.

P_500.jpg

Now i currently have 2xGTX 660's again reference cards from ASUS .

In SLI its' a great combination handled Very well Even still to this day have a HALL OF FAME score .

not that it's firestrike tho in 3DMARK 11 Entry i think .have a look if ya want.

ASUS-GeForce-GTX-660-Ti-DirectCU-II-TOP-

Now i had a $1k budget to do a GPU upgrade and was thinking to my self well i could always go again with 2x Reference cards from ASUS and that will still be an upgrade

and lets face it 2 generation bump will be good regardless ,also to make it simple 2xGTX 660's vs 2x960's well ill let you figure that 1 out xd.(but not very cost effective ).

So after all the research ive done even looking into Bit rate (Memory Interface) like 128 Bit 256 Bit & the Ti's 384 Bit. Also watching LTT Jayztwocents & so on.that it's

not really an issue tho still something to consider.

I came to the conclusion that i wanted 2 Windforce 970's 4gb NOT the g1's ,but then again i was not happy with how much it would cost .So watched more .

Any way to get on point with this thread i also needed to upgrade the Corsair H110 ,it died on me after 1yr 8 months .So it was either get that again or go all out and yeah

im talking about Water cooling.

So after all this what i decided to get with my 1$k Budget (In Australia things are not cheap) EXACT TOTAL IS :

$1,076.10 that's with Express Shipping . Lets keep in mind at the great help from LTT & Also Jayztwocents .

for reminding me that all i am doing is 1080p on a Projector not more like 4k crap. & My temps on the 2xGTX 660's hit around 60oC under load.

just so you know.

Ok : What i got :

1. For the GPU i got 1 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB

2. For the CPU Cooler i got the EK KIT X240 Water Cooling Kit

3. EK AF 2 Way Ball Valve G1/4 Nickel

4.1EK ACF 10/13mm Compression Fitting Nickel

Now i think that i may need just 1 more compression fitting for the tap.(i could be wrong here let me know) & im glad again that i watched the vids or i would of

forgotten this .

Ok some pics.

3831109847282-th.jpgek-acf-fitting-10-13_nickel_1_800.jpg

30616.jpgfile_132_25.jpg

maxresdefault.jpgGigabyte-GTX-970-Windforce-OC-View-ISO_w

Gigabyte-GTX-970-Windforce-OC-View-Rear_windforce_three.png

Did i do the right thing ? good choice or let me guess ya thinking a G1 980 TI .

Let me know you're thoughts thanks Loony979. specs of my pc = signature .Build log is old tho.pls don't add to it.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

970 are ok but IMO for the budget of the 970 i'd go for a r9 r390 with more vram and better performance + some extra heat

no need to waste money on a 970 + watercooling if you could get a better card for the money

for a 1grand budget i'd get a nice 980ti from evga or whatever brand + color theme you like

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

8 minutes ago, loony979 said:

-snippy snip-

Just to be clear, you are buying the X240 water cooling kit from EKWB, and the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970. You also are buying 1 compression fitting and 1 2-way ball valve? What are those for?

17 minutes ago, loony979 said:

- snip -

Why not grab one 980 Ti?

For the watercooling you'll need a male to male adapter for the drain valve.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

The 1-4 is waterblocks?  You need 2 fittings per part. Make sure all blocks is compatible. You also need a radiator.

For cpu and sli you need atleast 2x 240mm radiator. If you overclock which i asume is the point you need atleast one 360mm radiator.

double post...

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Bl00dgod is right, the 390 is a better buy. I love my 970 but I wouldn't have it if the 390 was out when I bought it.

I've never built a custom loop so I help with that.

Best of luck :)

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Ok cool some feed back .1st everything is already on it's way . XGN this is a watercooling Kit so it has everything i need.

ShaolinBear i got the extra compression fitting for the drain tape ,Now if it actually IS a drain tape i thought it was lol could i still use that for it .This is the very reason i got a Kit so at least i had a loop that is 100% will do it's job out of the box minus me having to build it & i love to build things ,so it's right up my alley.

um if that  is not a DRAIN tape what the heck did i get hahaha. it looked like a drain tape lol. it's all good.

All i was doing was getting that making sure it was G1/4 .im starting out guys im sure i have not done that bad .anyway. it could still be usefull. i don;'t know.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Well that was fast ,Just then put the GPU in just about to install the correct driver .then test this.