Sick of game sharing

LavaCooled
Go to solution Solved by FmPhenom,

Deactivate your account online. It will deactivate his system that is under your account. Then you can activate your physical system as primary.

OK so I'm game sharing on my PS4. If anyone doesn't know what game sharing is its basically swapping rights to tour accounts with another person by switching main PS4s (that was grossly oversimplified I know) but now I'm sick of it. The main problem with Game sharing is that when you don't have an Internet connection you can't play any of the games that you bought. That means that I can only play discs and the one game that the other guy bought. For a guy like me with 10+ games on his console that are all downloads, you can see how this might be a problem. Is there any way that I could kick him off? Thanks in advance you beautiful techies. 

21 minutes ago, LavaCooled said:

OK so I'm game sharing on my PS4. If anyone doesn't know what game sharing is its basically swapping rights to tour accounts with another person by switching main PS4s (that was grossly oversimplified I know) but now I'm sick of it. The main problem with Game sharing is that when you don't have an Internet connection you can't play any of the games that you bought. That means that I can only play discs and the one game that the other guy bought. For a guy like me with 10+ games on his console that are all downloads, you can see how this might be a problem. Is there any way that I could kick him off? Thanks in advance you beautiful techies. 

Remove him from your friends list

On 3/15/2016 at 2:10 PM, FmPhenom said:

Activate your ps4 as primary. That is why you cant play your games offline.

So many people are unaware of this.

10 minutes ago, Steve.604 said:

So many people are unaware of this.

To be fair its not like sony makes it well known.

Its quite a pain in the ass really.

so we're fine with helping the OP scam the other Game-share holder?

how do we know this guy isnt just trying to scam?

unless this is a different kind of game sharing of the two method I know of; 2 people share Main accounts, and usually pay 50% the game total so both people can play the same game. great way to go about it, but flawed when you "other-half" isnt that trustworthy.

On 3/17/2016 at 8:47 AM, HyeVltg3 said:

so we're fine with helping the OP scam the other Game-share holder?

how do we know this guy isnt just trying to scam?

unless this is a different kind of game sharing of the two method I know of; 2 people share Main accounts, and usually pay 50% the game total so both people can play the same game. great way to go about it, but flawed when you "other-half" isnt that trustworthy.

I've bought six games for the both of us. He has bought one. I think I need a new "other-half" considering he didn't help pay for any of those. 

On 3/15/2016 at 5:10 PM, FmPhenom said:

Activate your ps4 as primary. That is why you cant play your games offline.

I can't activate my PS4 as my primary because my account has his PS4 as its primary. I'm not about to fly to America and go to his house just to deactivate it that's why I came here. 

So is the other person in America logged into his ps4 under your account and HIS physical ps4 is set as YOUR primary? Is this person a friend of yours?

2 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

So is the other person in America logged into his ps4 under your account and HIS physical ps4 is set as YOUR primary? Is this person a friend of yours?

We're both on our own accounts but his account is set to have my PS4 as primary and vice versa 

Deactivate your account online. It will deactivate his system that is under your account. Then you can activate your physical system as primary.