How often do you get a new phone

Mo5

I recently went through all my old phones and there were 14 of them. If I do the maths then that comes out as 1 phone every year and 2 months.

I'm curious about others...

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I pretty much upgrade every generation, so similar to you.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I've had 6 phones so far, and the current one have a cracked screen - so will be changing soon...

but that's not so bad considering my age...

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Never really, I use a old flip phone which will only get replaced by another flip phone if it brakes.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

When I need a new one.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1st nokia 3210

2nd nokia 3210

---- no idea about order 

Siemens MT50 

Siemens ME45

Sagem MY X-5

Samsung SGH-X600

Motorola E398

Motorola V300

----- order right again

BENQ-Siemens S68

3 Skypephone

Nokia E51

Nokia E71

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4S

might have missed some ...

1 phone / year :P

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I recently went through all my old phones and there were 14 of them. If I do the maths then that comes out as 1 phone every year and 2 months.

I'm curious about others...

usually between 8 months and a year and a half so about the same as you :) its either due to me trashing them when im snowboarding or mountain biking or i just get sick of them and want something new lol :)

Usually it's every 21 months, since I upgrade my contract a few months before it ends. The only reason I would ever do it sooner is if I felt my phone to be incapable of performing tasks I want it to anymore. If it gets too slow I'll replace it. 

I have HTC One at the moment, and being a power user I stretch it to it's limits. Still, it hasn't ever lagged on me so so far so good. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I think about every 2 years. For me that's when you can really see the difference in the features of the "old" and new handsets. I may be keeping my current one for longer though (unless the Nexus 5 is amazing and not too expensive). Phones are expensive as you know.

When I'm eligible for an upgrade. I have used the original Motorola Razer Phone for a while until I went to the LG Dare to the HTC Incredible and now I have the Razer Maxx. I love the maxx because of the great battery life and right now the only phone that interests me is the Droid Maxx for the battery life again lol. There's no point in great features if your battery is dead

If it can call and text, I'm not fussed on fancy extras. Definitely not Apple's target audience haha. Audio phone quality sucks compared to Skype and if I wanna game, that's what the 3DS is for.  ;)

I've been through three phones. One every 4 years for me I guess? 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Yeah i get a new phone everything a flagship comes out from the S or Note series because i like the TouchWiz UI

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

well!!!  I went from the original iphone to 4s and I will keep on using it until it breaks or Apple comes out with an iphone with 5" 1080p screen.

whenever my Dad gets a new phone, he gives his old one to me (for the last couple of phones now). Now I have a cherry mobile titan (rebranded konka w990)

had a new phone every other month back when i worked at a store that sold cell phones, that was fun times, lol, tried every phone that came out between 2002 and 05/6...

past 4 years only had a 3gs, galaxy nexus(my backup phone), Note(only had it for a few months to try it out) and S4 witch i currently use

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition

Hoping to replace my first phone soon with a Nexus 5, so that'll be just over 2 years.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I've had 10 but like 3 of them was the same phone that kept on breaking and was still under warranty. and btw it's broken AGAIN D: first phone I've had that has broken for no reason, a couple I did put through the wash and I can understand that but this one just breaks for no reason D: anyways to answer your question maybe 1 a year averaged out.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I've had 10 but like 3 of them was the same phone that kept on breaking and was still under warranty. and btw it's broken AGAIN D: first phone I've had that has broken for no reason, a couple I did put through the wash and I can understand that but this one just breaks for no reason D: anyways to answer your question maybe 1 a year averaged out.

I had a Nokia 6131 that kept breaking forcing me to switch

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I had a Nokia 6131 that kept breaking forcing me to switch

Mine's a Nokia Lumia 800 hoping to get a new one soon D: ug

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Don't even have a phone... no need for it.

iPod ftw.