Did i damage my hardware?

Go to solution Solved by runit3,
Just now, ProKeero said:

I was running the i GPU instead of the 970 xD cus the intel graphics overclock like fuck xD

If it still works, it still works. Don't ever give your core voltage 2.0 or you'll likely instakill it. Somewhat surprised you didn't kill it from what you've already done.

Me, Bananansplit, Monzy and alot of other forum members started overclocking our hardware to the limit just for the fun of it! i got a max of 4.7 Ghz ofc and banana got a 4.8Ghz (Lucky fuck xD)

But while i was overclocking my intel graphics i got them to a multiplier of 18 and voltage of 2 Volts (note the default is 0.800 volts) and i ran it for a few seconds and my CPU reached TJ max (105 Celsius). My pc still works.

But i'm just wondering did i do long term damage with the 2 volts?

Thanks in advance :P

P.S the default multiplier is 12.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

You'll probably be ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

if it still works you should be fine, just don't keep doing it

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Just now, HPWebcamAble said:

You'll probably be ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

Lol never, it was so fun though crushing my cinebench scores xD

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Run the iGPU instead of the 970 and see if you get any output.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

2 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Me, Bananansplit, Monzy and alot of other forum members started overclocking our hardware to the limit just for the fun of it! i got a max of 4.7 Ghz ofc and banana got a 4.8Ghz (Lucky fuck xD)

But while i was overclocking my intel graphics i got them to a multiplier of 18 and voltage of 2 Volts (note the default is 0.800 volts) and i ran it for a few seconds and my CPU reached TJ max (105 Celsius). My pc still works.

Not necessarilly, that's the max temp rated for an Intel CPU before it starts to thermal throttle

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Just now, ProKeero said:

LOL>>>> My SSD died on me 2 months ago.... RIP 850 pro ;-;  

LOL>>>>multiplier of 18 and voltage of 2 Volts 

LOOOOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But i'm just wondering did i do long term damage with the 2 volts?

I like you already :)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Just now, runit3 said:

Run the iGPU instead of the 970 and see if you get any output.

I was running the i GPU instead of the 970 xD cus the intel graphics overclock like fuck xD

1 minute ago, LokiFire said:

LOL>>>>multiplier of 18 and voltage of 2 Volts 

LOOOOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But i'm just wondering did i do long term damage with the 2 volts?

I like you already :)

xD thanks!

Just now, ProKeero said:

If it still works, it still works. Don't ever give your core voltage 2.0 or you'll likely instakill it. Somewhat surprised you didn't kill it from what you've already done.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

3 minutes ago, Juanse said:

Not necessarilly, that's the max temp rated for an Intel CPU before it starts to thermal throttle

Lol thanks, that's why i was asking because 2 volts is fucking insane xD. Maybe it could be the new pizza heater that luke made?

Kek

9 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

how did you kill your 850 pro

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

how did you kill your 850 pro

I didn't kill it, i think the controller died on me because it still had 50 terabytes of write cycles left :(

5 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

I didn't kill it, i think the controller died on me because it still had 50 terabytes of write cycles left :(

???

what are you talking about?

write cycles are measured in integers not bytes

and SSD nand only has a few thousands cycles

why would the controller die if it had write cycles left....

write cycles have nothing to do with the controller

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

???

Overclocking I/O?

9.1Volts through my USB headers :D

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Just now, Enderman said:

???

Lol you don't get what i mean, the SSD died very early in fact 4 months after i got it. and idc about what they use for write cycles i just said i had 50 terabytes left on writes.

I was implying that it died without warming or reason. 

12 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Lol you don't get what i mean, the SSD died very early in fact 4 months after i got it. and idc about what they use for write cycles i just said i had 50 terabytes left on writes.

I was implying that it died without warming or reason. 

thats really weird...

was it actually dead? didnt work on other PCs? did you RMA it?

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

thats really weird...

was it actually dead? didnt work on other PCs? did you RMA it?

Its actually dead and no i didn't RMA it as i don't trust samsung anymore xD

20 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Its actually dead and no i didn't RMA it as i don't trust samsung anymore xD

but i mean you could have gotten a new one and sold it to get money back...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, harrynowl said:

Well it's not ideal. I'd suggest getting dry ice or something next time you feel like pushing it cause it makes it much more fun.

xD right

45 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

xD right

Well the lower temps help. you need negative temperatures to scale silicone clock speeds due to resistance and co-efficiencies :) 

Like so: http://hwbot.org/submission/3149210_