Apple airport card in x220

XDroidie626

Would this card fit in the x220 wireless slot? Looking at one for a hackintosh laptop 

thanks!

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

6 hours ago, XDroidie626 said:

Would this card fit in the x220 wireless slot? Looking at one for a hackintosh laptop 

thanks!

Is it a mini PCIe Airport card?

The X220 has a mini PCie WiFi slot, and a mini PCIe mSata/WWAN slot: 

11.jpg

It's impossible for me to say without seeing your specific card if it will fit or not but hopefully this pic will help.

You might be able to jimmy it in to one of the slots, but then it may only work in one slot and not the other (as mSata/WiFi mini PCIe slots are electronically different).

Even if you get it slotted in, Lenovo laptops are sometimes very picky about the wireless cards that can be used in them, with many laptops having a 'white list' of cards that are legal to be used (any card is compatible, but there are all sorts of regulations about wireless interference etc) and if a 'bad' one is used it simply displays an error message on boot.

Almost as cool as my temps  

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)