[New App] Dynamic Keyboard Alters Key Sizes As You Type, Now Available In Free And Pro Versions

mgsstar

Dynamic Keyboard made quite a splash when the demo video went online last week. This is a new Android keyboard that uses word prediction to change the size of the keys it thinks you are most likely to need. It’s an interesting approach, and one you need to experience for yourself to really judge. Well, now you can. It’s available in both free and paid versions in Google Play.

Dynamic Keyboard comes with an assortment of themes and a ton of languages at launch. The original video showed some crazy bouncing animations, but the final version has the option to tone them down, or disable them completely. It’s lacking auto-correct right now, though.

The pro edition adds more customization, HD fonts, and a few other features. It’s $0.99, but you can try the free version to get the gist of how it works.

nexusae0_46.pngnexusae0_5_thumb4.pngnexusae0_82.pngnexusae0_62.pngnexusae0_72.pngnexusae0_39.png

Source:http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/09/14/new-app-dynamic-keyboard-alters-key-sizes-as-you-type-now-available-in-free-and-pro-versions/

I really like this keyboard because usually when I type most of the time I accidentally press the letter beside it and enlarging the letter that I am going to press gives me less errors. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Gonna try it now

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

interesting, going to have to try this out since I never really found a keyboard I liked on android.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Erm....I don't get the point?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Erm....I don't get the point?

When you type part of the word, it predicts your next letters and enlarges it in order to make it easier for you to press the correct one.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

is it available on appstore?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

FEEDBACK: Ok so I had a good 10 minutes with this program and I must say it is amazing! It seriously helps me to type much faster than before and make less mistakes. The overall look of it is something to be worked upon (at least in the free version) but it really does work surprisingly well.

NOTE: To enable it you have to go to Settings > Language and keyboard > check Dynamic Keyboard Free then go to the Dynamic Keyboard Free Settings (which are below the one you have just checked) and click Make Default keyboard and select Dynamic Keyboard Free. If you decide you don't want it do all the steps in reverse :D

Ok so I just used the free version of it on my GS2 and the keys that you type on look terrible. It's all pixilated and does not look great at all. But it does help you type a little better. I managed to make fewer mistakes but there was still some mistakes. Another thing I don't like is you're basically paying a dollar to unlock the settings for the keyboard. I don't like to buy things on the play store so I don't have any money to actually pay it but as of now even if I did have the money to pay a dollar I would not get it.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

is it available on appstore?

Don't think Apple allows you to change your keyboard.

If you are talking about the Play store here are the links: 

Free Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alastairbreeze.dynamickeyboard

Pro Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alastairbreeze.dynamickeyboardpro

Don't think Apple allows you to change your keyboard.

If you are talking about the Play store here are the links: 

Free Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alastairbreeze.dynamickeyboard

Pro Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alastairbreeze.dynamickeyboardpro

i use an iphone :( but my mother uses a S3 so i will check it out on her phone :D

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Looks rather ugly.

I have no problems with my keyboard, especially swype, so I don't see the appeal. 

I'm definitely interested in giving this a try. Hopefully it'll be the keyboard I've been looking for.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I TRIED IT. It actually works pretty well. It sucks there isn't any sort of auto correct but other than that there isn't really anything to complain about. Pretty cool concept :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Looks cool and all, but I'll stick with SwiftKey. I rarely have the problem of hitting another another key, and when I do, SwiftKey's auto-correct is just about spot on (at least for me it is). 

COMIC SANS

Such a great idea....can't believe we all didn't think of it before.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I thought keyboards already did this, except they don't have the really ugly and distracting constant appearance change; they kept the appearance the same, just changed the effective size of the keys. It might have just been a more general adjustment rather than dynamic though, and it's possible that they didn't do it this aggressively.

I'd give it a try if they made a version that didn't show the size changes.

I'll just stick with my mechanical keyboard I think. Unless a phone comes out with a keyboard then I will not be getting a smartphone ever.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'll just stick with my mechanical keyboard I think. Unless a phone comes out with a keyboard then I will not be getting a smartphone ever.

I was thinkn about this the other day, how come no new phones ever have a mechanical keyboard? Personally I like it more then the tiny shit keyboards that take up half your display. It almost makes it redundant to have such a large display and whenever you want to type something it cuts in half.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinkn about this the other day, how come no new phones ever have a mechanical keyboard? Personally I like it more then the tiny shit keyboards that take up half your display. It almost makes it redundant to have such a large display and whenever you want to type something it cuts in half.

that's why I ROM and modify keyboard height with swiftkey. only takes up a quarter and is still accurate enough

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

^has never used an Android phone with swiftkey^

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The only time I go out of my way to buy any smart phone is when they bring out a powerful phone, that looks clean (no rounded edges, just sharp corners, no stupid colour schemes, just black and silver, no aluminium, just good quality steel) and a sliding keyboard that doesn't feel cheap then I will buy one. Until that day I will not buy a smartphone of any description. Also it needs to be a different OS because I don't like either Android or iOS, they both utter crap.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

^has never used an Android phone with swiftkey^

I have used a few phones and compared to a physical keyboard they are crappy. I just want a keyboard with proper buttons on it, thats all. Also it needs to slide underneath the phone so it doesn't take up any room.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

This actually seems like a great idea. I don't know if I would like everything bouncing around on my screen though. I might give it a shot.