Are Case LEDs worth it?

Zack Brown

Is it worth it getting a case LED like the NZXT LED Lighting Kit?

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

Of course. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

What ever suites you my friend :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

• CPU i7 4790k 4589.16MHz, Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe USB 3.1, RAM Corsair dominator platinum 16 gb 3977.3 MHz, GPU Nvidia 3080, Case Corsair 750d, Storage Samsung 850 pro 512gb, WD black 2tb, PSU Corsair HX1000i, Cooling Corsair H110i, Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB, Mouse Logitech G502 RGB, Monitor S2721DGFA, Sound Bose surround system, Operating system Windows 10

if you want a side panel window then yeah case leds would be good, if you dont want a side panel window then there is no point at all

they really depend on what you want for your  case, if you want everyone able to see the inside then get them if you dont then dont

yeah but i would rather get more airflow then the case leds, what ever you want

Just now, Aytex said:

How do led's effect airflow?

no no no, they don't impact airflow. i meant i would rather spend my money on better fans then get leds but i would get leds if i had extra cash. go for the leds bro

Just now, Auxafly said:

no no no, they don't impact airflow. i meant i would rather spend my money on better fans then get leds but i would get leds if i had extra cash. go for the leds bro

oh ok

Throwing my vote in with the "if you have a side window and see inside, then yea" crowd. My fans actually have LEDs on them, so they kinda serve a dual purpose. I don't actually have any pure light strips installed personally.

-This space intentionally left blank-

5 minutes ago, Creiger said:

Throwing my vote in with the "if you have a side window and see inside, then yea" crowd. My fans actually have LEDs on them, so they kinda serve a dual purpose. I don't actually have any pure light strips installed personally.

what is he doing with LED strips if his case doesnt have a window... its like throwing money into the sea

17 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

Is it worth it getting a case LED like the NZXT LED Lighting Kit?

i would get a decent LED strip, but having owned one, let me tell you that after a few weeks, you'll just leave it off until a bunch of friends come over because its distracting lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

what is he doing with LED strips if his case doesnt have a window... its like throwing money into the sea

Well, I have seen side panels that are mostly perforated air vent; heh. Light would shine through, but you wouldn't really be able to see anything inside.

3 minutes ago, Creiger said:

Well, I have seen side panels that are mostly perforated air vent; heh. Light would shine through, but you wouldn't really be able to see anything inside.

those jobs are for fans with LEDs >:c since they're going to be at the vents anyway

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

23 minutes ago, Creiger said:

Can you show me a picture of your case with all the LED fans on, please?

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

8 hours ago, Zack Brown said:

Can you show me a picture of your case with all the LED fans on, please?

I only have a half-window, but I can still take one once the glare shining on it's gone in the morning if ya still want it. But basically I have 2 on top that shine down, and then there's 2 on the side panel that light beneath my vid card (which in my case ya can't see through anyway since I use dust filters, but eh, they were cheap fans xD ).

13 hours ago, Creiger said:

I only have a half-window, but I can still take one once the glare shining on it's gone in the morning if ya still want it. But basically I have 2 on top that shine down, and then there's 2 on the side panel that light beneath my vid card (which in my case ya can't see through anyway since I use dust filters, but eh, they were cheap fans xD ).

Cool. Yeah I would still love to see a picture of your case once the glare shining on it is gone if possible :)

10 hours ago, Zack Brown said:

Cool. Yeah I would still love to see a picture of your case once the glare shining on it is gone if possible :)

this video shows you the advantages of our WideBeam LEDs:

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Zack Brown said:

Still a little bit of glare, but not as bad. Sorry for the delay; I was railed with a stomach infection most of last week, and I had a resurgence yesterday which threw me off a tad. xD Kinda wish I had tidied the wires up in there a bit better now the last time I cleaned it; heh.

CAM00279 - Copy.jpg

On 3/14/2016 at 2:49 AM, Creiger said:

Still a little bit of glare, but not as bad. Sorry for the delay; I was railed with a stomach infection most of last week, and I had a resurgence yesterday which threw me off a tad. xD Kinda wish I had tidied the wires up in there a bit better now the last time I cleaned it; heh.

CAM00279 - Copy.jpg

It's fine, I'm glad you're all good now :)

Thanks for the picture :)