Titanium Red (Corsair Carbide 540)

Wow awesome, looks even better now, really jealous on those cable sleeves.

I got the same GPU, it got some coil whine too but only in benchmarks like 3d mark, haven't heard it while gaming. Those are some good results there, my card fails at more than +175mhz without voltage raising :( 

Could I ask for a favor, could you give me the dimensions of that cover at the bottom of the case, I'm thinking of ordering a cut piece of acrylic and put it in there. Does that cover stay below the glass or is it visible?

Holy crap! It's beautiful! I'm really enjoying this build. Great job, man!

THE EYRIE (Budget Build):

CPU: AMD FX-6350     GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 Dual-X MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78MLT-USB3

RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair (16GB Total) HDD: 2 x 500GB WDC 6MB/s SSD: None yet

PSU: Corsair 650X CASE: ULTRA Defender

Just now, Sevro said:

Wow awesome, looks even better now, really jealous on those cable sleeves.

I got the same GPU, it got some coil whine too but only in benchmarks like 3d mark, haven't heard it while gaming. Those are some good results there, my card fails at more than +175mhz without voltage raising :( 

Could I ask for a favor, could you give me the dimensions of that cover at the bottom of the case, I'm thinking of ordering a cut piece of acrylic and put it in there. Does that cover stay below the glass or is it visible?

Thanks.

The acrylic mid-plate stays under the side-window. I'll measure the mid-plate tomorrow and let you know.

Just now, j3dington said:

Holy crap! It's beautiful! I'm really enjoying this build. Great job, man!

Thank you, appreciated :)

I'm in love with this build!

Really nice work and wonderful presentation! As clean as it can gets.

There are a lot of good builds out there, but this one has something special :P.

Would also be nice to see it in the whole desk environment :)

Just now, Hilite24 said:

I'm in love with this build!

Really nice work and wonderful presentation! As clean as it can gets.

There are a lot of good builds out there, but this one has something special :P.

Would also be nice to see it in the whole desk environment :)

Thanks, appreciate the kind feedback.

I'll see if i can make some desk pictures later as well.

I RMA'd my EVGA GTX980Ti about a week ago because of excessive coil whine. Received a new card from EVGA that, while it's a lot less audible than the previous, it still has a nasty whine too it. I got told to let it run for a couple days, doing some stressing on the card to "burn" it in. New cards seem to do this often, then decreasing or even disappearing after some days? Well.. I'm in the progress of doing that right now and i figured, why not try and squeeze the card out completely.

I'm running a custom BIOS now:

1.27v
Throttle disabled.
Boost disabled.
Power Limit increased.
1575 Mhz core-clock.
8400 Mhz memory clock.

And it's one-hour Unigine Valley stable. Seems i have a very strong GTX980Ti (79.9% ASIC) on my hands here, so i sure hope i get this whine sorted out.

GPUZ.JPG

On 11/03/2016 at 0:49 PM, Rck010 said:

Titaniumred-forum.jpg.da65ffddb0c1a66e6d

I'm lurking around here for quite some time now but never really made an account. Why? I have no clue really...

It would be rude of me not to do a (very) short introduction of myself first before talking about my current Skylake gaming rig: 

My name is Rick, i'm 32 years old. I live in The Netherlands together with my beloved girlfriend that sometimes gets a tiny bit crazy of my 'thing' for computers :D 

[ Some more info/history about the build will be added soon ]

Recently added a custom water cooling loop for my cpu and also ordered the parts to add my GTX980Ti to the loop as well. I am waiting for the parts to be delivered which should be somewhere at the start of next week.

I will also be Plasti Dipping my entire case into a matte black color, which should match the rest of the build a little better than the standard black/grey color it comes in.

9.jpg.b99a70432f4f5c2b25164bd710f3d210.j20.jpg.aad140a886bbd4217230563eef8767e4.16.jpg.d0379ada0d45991872d8d5b8b71c91e8.

Old:

Reveal hidden contents

900x900px-LL-1c7bca90_1.jpeg.681522cac36

Reveal hidden contents

900x900px-LL-028d86e5_2.jpeg.29a6457fa3b

Components:

CPU: Intel i5 6600k @ 4700Mhz, 1.41v.
Memory: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (2666) @ 3000Mhz, 1.30v.
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Hero VIII.
GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ @ 1515/7600, 1.255v (custom bios).
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX.
PSU: Super Flower Leadex 850W.
Case: Corsair Carbide 540 Air.

Price: € 1824,00 / $ 2036,81 UD.

Water-cooling: 

CPU block: EKWB Supremacy MX incl. white LED.
GPU block: EK-FC Titan X - Acetal+Nickel.

GPU backplate: EKWB Titan-X Black,
Radiator: EKWB Coolstream PE240.
Radiator: EKWB Coolstream PE360.
Radiator fans: EKWB-Vardar F3-120's
Reservoir/pump: EKWB XRES 100 DDC MX 3.1 PWM combo.
Tubing: EKWB ZMT matte black.
Fittings: EKWB 10/16mm ACF compression, Bitspower 10/16mm 90degree rotary compression.
Coolant: EK-Ekoolant Clear.

Price: € 663,25 / $ 739,96 UD.

Extras:

- NZXT Sentry Mix II fancontroller.
- Lightbar-kit for the Corsair Dominator Platinum's.
- 3x Corsair SP120 Performance Edition.
- 1x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition.
- 8x Bitfenix Alchemy extention cables (red).
- Highflow cable-combs (black)
- Backplate for the Asus Xonar Essence STX.
- Midplate for the Corsair Carbide 540 Air.

Price: € 228,95 / $ 255,23 UD.

Peripherals: 

Monitor: Crossover 27Q IPS, 2560x1440.
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE.
Mouse: EVGA Torq X10 and Logitech G600.
Headphone: Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser HD558, Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro.
Headphone Amp: Schiit Magni 2.

Price: € 1315,86 / $ 1467,05 UD.

Total price of the build: € 2686.20 / $ 2993,38 UD

Total price of the complete setup: € 4002,06 / $ 4459,72 UD

Some more pictures of the build:

LL.jpg.aaeb046267afae768b009264cd6e28a3.

900x900px-LL-9cffc542_20160220_133529.jp

151252.95f08d5073199e37dc21ae92d1d9dcab.

151252.021f3a10f672e50ab8c61e695d913188.

900x900px-LL-92c7c1fa_CPUblockled.jpeg.5

56e54c216e509_LL(1).jpg.5ababf76395b54bb

900x900px-LL-6bf9d815_2.jpeg.baa20d4cd69

900x900px-LL-3e4a57dd_card4.jpeg.895abe6

900x900px-LL-387f79ad_card2.jpeg.b442334

I'll be updating this thread as much as i can in the following weeks, starting with the new paint-job and watercooled GPU somewhere next week.

Questions, suggestions or other feedback are always welcome :)

23.jpg

didnt know it was possible to bust two nuts simultaneously over a pc but it happend, you will be getting my medical bill shortly 

3 minutes ago, joe_p231 said:

didnt know it was possible to bust two nuts simultaneously over a pc but it happend, you will be getting my medical bill shortly 

:D *keeping an eye on the mailbox*

2 minutes ago, Rck010 said:

:D *keeping an eye on the mailbox*

you should be ;)

whelp...what am I going to do with this erection now? >_>

9.9/10 - Sexy Tiny Build *GeekJump Seal of Approval*

[you lost 0.1 points because of the common red/black theme, but you made up for it with the fine details]

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Just now, GeekJump said:

whelp...what I'm I going to do with this erection now? >_>

9.9/10 - Sexy Tiny Build *GeekJump Seal of Approval*

[you lost 0.1 points because of the common red/black theme, but you made up for it with the fine details]

So much hate for black/red themes nowadays :o:) 

3 minutes ago, Rck010 said:

So much hate for black/red themes nowadays :o:) 

because black/red is soooo overused >_>

*quietly stares at his own black/red build*

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Just now, GeekJump said:

because black/red is soooo overused >_>

*quietly stares at his own black/red build*

I agree actually...

I wanted it to be mostly black/grey and only use red to highlight/accent. To keep it clean, simple and organised.

11 minutes ago, Rck010 said:

I agree actually...

I wanted it to be mostly black/grey and only use red to highlight/accent. To keep it clean, simple and organised.

I originally wanted green but the only parts ever made in green are few ram sticks...(and the gtx logos). I don't know why manufacturers stick with red >.<

Absolutely astonishing clean build. I wonder how nice it would be with hard translucent tubing (even though I feel that the EKWB ZMT matte black tubing perfectly matches the case's overall finish, besides being way less time consuming to deploy in any build).

I'm starting a build myself with the exact same mother board and case, though, I have to say that I keep a little bit frustrated with the lack of alternatives in the market so we can drive away from the great (thus, unfortunately, oversaturated) black and red combination. This will be my third black and red consecutive build due to a lack of desired high end hardware presenting different color scheme alternatives. I hope manufacturers (specially ASUS, Corsair and Kingston) realize that there are other colors in the human eye visible spectrum rather then red (and dear video card manufacturers, this is for you: NO, your green backlit GeForce don't apply to everyone's taste) :/ Sorry about all the ranting guys! 

Your build looks fantastic. Keep rocking and thanks for sharing such high quality pictures of it!

Cheers.

Ok you need a 6700K. You can't do a custom GTX980Ti loop without some kind of i7 to keep up the pace.

13 hours ago, TheSpaceMonkey said:

Absolutely astonishing clean build. I wonder how nice it would be with hard translucent tubing (even though I feel that the EKWB ZMT matte black tubing perfectly matches the case's overall finish, besides being way less time consuming to deploy in any build).

I'm starting a build myself with the exact same mother board and case, though, I have to say that I keep a little bit frustrated with the lack of alternatives in the market so we can drive away from the great (thus, unfortunately, oversaturated) black and red combination. This will be my third black and red consecutive build due to a lack of desired high end hardware presenting different color scheme alternatives. I hope manufacturers (specially ASUS, Corsair and Kingston) realize that there are other colors in the human eye visible spectrum rather then red (and dear video card manufacturers, this is for you: NO, your green backlit GeForce don't apply to everyone's taste) :/ Sorry about all the ranting guys! 

Your build looks fantastic. Keep rocking and thanks for sharing such high quality pictures of it!

Cheers.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback!

I have considered rigid tubing but after seeing ZMT soft-tubing in person, i decided to go with that instead. I just love how clean the matte finish looks, wheres rigid tubing always has a shine to it. Maybe i'll be doing rigid tubing one day, be it in this build or another but for now i am totally satisfied with the EK ZMT.

I do agree on the colors. It's either black/red or black/white nowadays. Somewhat forcing the majority of people making a build around those colors.

I did not want a regular black/red build though, that's why i focused on black/grey and only used red to highlight/accent things. Using red too much will get overwhelming quickly, something i wanted to avoid at all cost.

Again, thanks for the kind words. For full hi-ress pictures take a look at my google drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwuEZKoYAIzGVWhXZGlmTHdzOEk&usp=sharing

12 hours ago, Willy Dijo said:

Beautifully sleek.

Thank you.  

11 hours ago, ChickenNugget said:

Ok you need a 6700K. You can't do a custom GTX980Ti loop without some kind of i7 to keep up the pace.

While i think i understand what you're trying to say, i do not agree with you.

Yes, a i7 6700k with HT would give me a couple more fps in games (3-4 at best) and pushes me a little further in benchmarks.

However, 99% i do on this system is gaming and the i5 6600k at 4.7Ghz does the job just fine. That being said, I do not understand the logic in: "You can't do a custom GTX980Ti loop without some kind of i7 to keep up the pace". If you're saying that my 6600k is holding back, bottle-necking my GTX980Ti in anyway then let me tell you that you're totally wrong about that.

I can tell you that my overclocked CPU/GPU combination outperforms many i7 6700k / GTX980Ti builds out there. Not all, but many.

7 hours ago, Rck010 said:

Hi there, thanks for the feedback!

I have considered rigid tubing but after seeing ZMT soft-tubing in person, i decided to go with that instead. I just love how clean the matte finish looks, wheres rigid tubing always has a shine to it. Maybe i'll be doing rigid tubing one day, be it in this build or another but for now i am totally satisfied with the EK ZMT.

I do agree on the colors. It's either black/red or black/white nowadays. Somewhat forcing the majority of people making a build around those colors.

I did not want a regular black/red build though, that's why i focused on black/grey and only used red to highlight/accent things. Using red too much will get overwhelming quickly, something i wanted to avoid at all cost.

Again, thanks for the kind words. For full hi-ress pictures take a look at my google drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwuEZKoYAIzGVWhXZGlmTHdzOEk&usp=sharing

Thank you.  

While i think i understand what you're trying to say, i do not agree with you.

Yes, a i7 6700k with HT would give me a couple more fps in games (3-4 at best) and pushes me a little further in benchmarks.

However, 99% i do on this system is gaming and the i5 6600k at 4.7Ghz does the job just fine. That being said, I do not understand the logic in: "You can't do a custom GTX980Ti loop without some kind of i7 to keep up the pace". If you're saying that my 6600k is holding back, bottle-necking my GTX980Ti in anyway then let me tell you that you're totally wrong about that.

I can tell you that my overclocked CPU/GPU combination outperforms many i7 6700k / GTX980Ti builds out there. Not all, but many.

I didn't mean it would bottleneck - It's a great build and the 6600K is great too, but I feel l like personally, even if the only real difference is on a spec sheet, the 6700K is badass

On 28-3-2016 at 0:22 AM, ChickenNugget said:

I didn't mean it would bottleneck - It's a great build and the 6600K is great too, but I feel l like personally, even if the only real difference is on a spec sheet, the 6700K is badass

The i7 6700k sure is a nice CPU but i'm very satisfied with this i5 to be honest, i don't see the need replacing it with. If anything, i will probably add another GTX980Ti in the near future.