BSOD's I don't know what to do with (help)

Artoine

Hi,

Recently I have gotten many BSOD's and I am not entirely sure what the problem is. I googled the codes and thought it may be because of

the gpu drivers or virusses. I really need your guys help with this one.

The pictures of the BSOD's are below and my specs are in my signature.

What I have done:

• Scanned for virusses, malware and fixed the registry with regcure pro
  • Did the sfc /scannow command in cmd as administrator
  • Deleted and reinstalled the amd catalyst software

post-27501-0-30112000-1379154957_thumb.j

post-27501-0-29142100-1379154962_thumb.j

post-27501-0-94690700-1379154970_thumb.j

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Have you had an unstable overclock? 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Have you had an unstable overclock? 

I haven't overclocked anything

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

I haven't overclocked anything

Strange.. Have you installed any programs recently? Has there been any sudden restart that has occurred within the time frame of before the BSODs?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well my googleing didn't bring anything real solution. What OS do you have? Update BIOS and all available OS updates. If this keeps coming, run memtest and/or remove one stick to test if they have died. Middle suggest dx related issue so download and isntall newest dx version (for dx9c also). One thing is to disconnect all other usb devices than mouse/kb.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Strange.. Have you installed any programs recently? Has there been any sudden restart that has occurred within the time frame of before the BSODs?

I recently tried gpu mining for bitcoin/litecoin but shortly after I put my gpu for several hours at an max gpu load I stopped mining 

because I didn't wanted to run the risk of overheating (maybe the damage is already done) and I didn't wanted to go through all the hassle for 1 litecoin per 2 days.

Can this be the cause?

I recently tried gpu mining for bitcoin/litecoin but shortly after I put my gpu for several hours at an max gpu load I stopped mining 

because I didn't wanted to run the risk of overheating (maybe the damage is already done) and I didn't wanted to go through all the hassle for 1 litecoin per 2 days.

Can this be the cause?

Maybe... But to be sure, what temperatures was reading right before you killed the mining? 

Well my googleing didn't bring anything real solution. What OS do you have? Update BIOS and all available OS updates. If this keeps coming, run memtest and/or remove one stick to test if they have died. Middle suggest dx related issue so download and isntall newest dx version (for dx9c also). One thing is to disconnect all other usb devices than mouse/kb.

This is true. Update BIOS to see if that may help.

Not very high like 76 degrees (celcius)

This is true. Update BIOS to see if that may help.

Yeah, I'd try to flash the BIOS. See if that works. It's shouldn't affect anything on your drives.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Not very high like 76 degrees (celcius)

That's not bad at all! Only need to worry when it hits  90C

How do I update/flash the bios?

How do I update/flash the bios?

You go to the site and Download the BIOS.

You go to the site and Download the BIOS.

I hate to ask but which one? instant flash , dos or windows?

nvm I am going to try the instant flash one

Thanks for the replies,

I updated the BIOS with windows not instant flash, I hope it is going to work. If not, I will post again.. 

If a BIOS doesn't help.

Go to your BIOS/UEFI and select in the BIOS: "Load Optimize defaults" options, and put back (if you have in the BIOS/UEFI):

- HPET to Enabled and on 64-bit mode.

- Then put back the SATA controller mode (it should be to AHCI, default is usually: IDE/Legacy/Compatibility (all the same but the name varies between boards)). If it's wrong, then you'll see a BSOD that boot. So if it happens, you know it's just this option that needs to be changed.

- If you have a UEFI system, make sure that, if your have UEFI mode turned on, that CSM (Compatibility Support Module), is enabled.

- Don't forget to set XMP  (eXtreme Memory Profile) to Profile 1

If after this, you still have issues, then it is most likely your RAM that is faulty, which corrupts loaded drivers. Check for that.

If not, then it's another hardware: motherboard, graphic card, and on absolute rare cases: CPU.

To me, by reading the error. Im guessing it maybe a faulty/Dead/Old Ram? Try different sticks of ram or use MemTest to figure out the faulty ram.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>