HTC M10 Renders Leaked

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/03/htc-10-nee-htc-one-m10-outed-in-leaked-renders/

A very interesting find. I know people hate "leak" rumors, but Ars is a bit better at managing their sources than most. Also, for HTC, the M10 is a big deal.

Why? Well, look at how the M9 went over: (hint, think "lead balloon")

Even Linus, who loved the HTC M line until 9 months ago was just disappointed by HTC's current flagship. The following A9 wasn't much better; it has been generally panned as a less-powerful iPhone copy.

So the M10 is a big deal. Looking at the photos, it appears that the M10 is a big departure from the so far nearly-unchanged M8/9 design. Note the lack of front-facing boomsound speakers, which i'm sure will polarize people.

HTC-10-HTC-One-M10-Silver-front-back-Ful

Personally, I'm rooting for HTC. I don't want a Samsung/Apple oligarchy in the phone industry, and HTC of old used to be a real powerhouse in terms of innovation. I mean, the M7 kicked off the whole unibody craze that even Apple, the king of exclusive gimmicks, copied. Just kidding, Apple had the iPhone 5. HTC was still the first Android maker to use unibody, and the iPhone 5 debuted in the same release cycle, so both teams were "first".

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

the lack of the boomsound speakers is pretty disappointing given the fact that they have them on the lower tiered x9 phone

1 minute ago, CtW said:

the lack of the boomsound speakers is pretty disappointing given the fact that they have them on the lower tiered x9 phone

Yeah, the Ars Technica comments seemed supportive of change, but people are concerned this is HTC making a "me too" phone to compete directly with Samsung. We will see how this strategy pays off soon enough.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

No boomsound, No sale for me, switching to Swagsung most likely if the M10 isnt up to par.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

It still baffles me that they dumped the front facing speakers. I still keep my m7 and use it over my G4 for playing music when I'm cooking. Hopefully the speaker is at least decent quality. 

Mmm Nice chamfers.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Without the main thing that differentiated it from the pack , I really don't see any purpose in downgrading from my M8 that has this feature 

Guess I'll just buy apple next time it seems. 

13 hours ago, Qub3d said:

I mean, the M7 kicked off the whole unibody craze that even Apple, the king of exclusive gimmicks, copied.

IPhone 5 released before the M7 was even announced. 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

No Boomsound =/ though. But hopefully great camera with low light etc.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |