Help I think I killed my graphics card!

Beeeyeee

So I have a pny reference 980 ti and I slapped a EVGA hybrid cooler on it a while ago. Anyway I was just updating the driver and the screen wen black (as it usually does during a driver update) by when it came back on there was this artifacting, then it went black, and came on with a different shaped artifact. Then eventually after flashing back and forth for a bit it blue screened. 

I I restarted it and it keeps doing it. What do I do?

image.jpeg

By the way it shows everything perfectly fine when I start up until Windows boots up. So I think it's when the driver loads maybe?

I have read from a couple people that the newest Nvidia driver is buggy. See if you can boot into safe mode and roll back to the previous driver. Plug your monitor into the motherboard if you have to.

1 minute ago, Beeeyeee said:

By the way it shows everything perfectly fine when I start up until Windows boots up. So I think it's when the driver loads maybe?

Enter Windows through safe mode, uninstall graphics driver, restart again into safe mode, reinstall graphics driver. Try that. Good luck!

Just now, crystal6tak said:

Enter Windows through safe mode, uninstall graphics driver, restart again into safe mode, reinstall graphics driver. Try that. Good luck!

How exactly do I go into safe mode?

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

How exactly do I go into safe mode?

For Windows 7, hold F8 when starting up.

For Windows 8.1/10, try holding F8 + Shift when starting up. This goes into recovery mode which you then go into safe mode. (May not work)

4 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

For Windows 7, hold F8 when starting up.

For Windows 8.1/10, try holding F8 + Shift when starting up. This goes into recovery mode which you then go into safe mode. (May not work)

Okay cool. Well I just unplugged my graphics card and I loaded up Windows fine. Where can I uninstall the driver? 

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

Okay cool. Well I just unplugged my graphics card and I loaded up Windows fine. Where can I uninstall the driver? 

I suppose that works too lol. Erm, it works just like uninstalling a normal program. Go to the "Repair or remove programs" page. Instructions here. Type Nvidia into the search bar and all the Nvidia stuff should pop up. Go ahead and uninstall just the graphics driver. Then restart computer once into normal windows but still without GPU. Then shut off, plug GPU back in, and boot up again. Then install the graphics driver.

The latest Nvidia driver is known to have issues with multi monitor setups try running only one monitor.

Ok for all that are having Issues with the new drivers here is My fix :

Steps: After hrs of trying i did this Thank God this worked. my god.

1.Turn of the PC completely and take out all gpu's

2.plug in the HDMI cable to MB or use a VGA if ya have to (this will get you into windows.

3.Uninstall that Crap Driver (364.47)

4.Download (362.00) Save this to Desktop leave it there

5.If you can't get into windows try safe mode For win 10 leave the cards in let it go to Trouble shoot - Advanced Options - Startup Settings - then press restart - then press F5 (this option will let you have internet/networking)

6. once in windows and yes it will work (Hopefully) Get this little tool of joy Display Driver Uninstall from Guru3d.com Select the last version on the list .

7. DL this to desktop

8.Run it - extract it to Desktop ,then use Recommended ,i think it was high lighted in orange press it then it will remove that crap driver.

9.turn the pc of

10. put the Gpu's Back in .

11.turn on PC.

12.Install Driver (362.00)

Now things should be back to normal ,this worked for me Now Save that Program incase this crap ever happens again. Best of luck Every 1

My god i want to swear so bad but i won't Don't use system restore unless you have to & if all fails remember to save all you stuff and do a drive and re-install win-10 .

I hope this does not have to be the case .Good luck every 1 .

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w