WD EXO (COMPLETE) [Scratch Build]

Been cracking on with the cable sleeving, and made a few of my own ways to make it a bit easier. A large heat-sink from an old PC became very helpful in separating and sorting cables. I'd Highly recommend a lighter like the one pictured.

7Lzbdh4.jpg?1

These are the cable combs I'm using.

7sV9AFT.jpg?1

And this is the state of the system at the moment, all it needs is the 24pin to be sleeved and couple of minor jobs.

QXGveSZ.jpg?1

Previous Build

"WD EXO" Link Here     "WD Bonk" Link Here

Nice work so far. My only problem with open air builds is that you have to be prepared to clean them out regularly. What's the bracket in the back for? Another set of fans?

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

16 minutes ago, nmil said:

Nice work so far. My only problem with open air builds is that you have to be prepared to clean them out regularly. What's the bracket in the back for? Another set of fans?

The design now includes smoked perspex (glass?) side panels, and the bracket is for an AIO CPU cooler.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

6 hours ago, BurnerMC said:

Not to shabby.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, nmil said:

27 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

The design now includes smoked perspex (glass?) side panels, and the bracket is for an AIO CPU cooler.

Yeah, there are clear acrylic panels that have already been made that go in the top and sides, as well as 3x 140 fan filters that I install after the final photos. The rear mount is for the H100i GTX cooler, earlier in the log are photos of the side panels and the cooler test fitted.

Previous Build

Wow Willy Dijo. I am most definitely impressed.. not only by the hardware, but the creative and time consuming amount of effort you have put into this case. This would be something I would proudly display for guests whom come into my home to see the elaborate care and character.

Take care, and please keep this topic up so we all can see what happens next! :)

Cheers!

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

KdSFXEu.png

uXN49F5.png

usFFCJQ.png

XusbzNx.png

THpCgpt.png

cWrsGxg.png

6PLR2In.png

bDIFonp.png

qdIAPaY.png

Thank you to everyone who commented on and followed the build, you were my main drive to get this done.

Its likely you'll see more of my creations around because I love doing this.

If you'd like to follow me I'm at;

https://www.instagram.com/willydijo/

https://www.facebook.com/willydijo

Previous Build

Excellent job! Looks awesome! :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

• 1 month later...

You could make a fortune off of it... except one problem - linusmediagroup doesn't sell pc cases... or coloring of orange and black parts.

"After all that I've done.... You still want to give me mercy?"

"Don't sweat it, *Insert Character name here.* I'm sure that everyone's tried to kill the kid at least once."

On 8/4/2016 at 11:28 AM, Willy Dijo said:

8 hours later I now have one 8 Pin EPS cable sleeved, sleeving is incredibly time consuming.

What does take that long ? From what I understood, you only have to remove a wire from the connector, put the sleeving on, seal the end with shrink tube then put back the cable in place. Am I wrong ?
In any case, the job on the wire is amazing. I do not understand why some people spend lot of money on sleeving and just tiewrap the cables in a bundle, the comb are great and it make a stunning visual effect.

Sleeving takes a lot of time, for example:  

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases

8 hours ago, Alice in game said:

What does take that long ? From what I understood, you only have to remove a wire from the connector, put the sleeving on, seal the end with shrink tube then put back the cable in place. Am I wrong ?
In any case, the job on the wire is amazing. I do not understand why some people spend lot of money on sleeving and just tiewrap the cables in a bundle, the comb are great and it make a stunning visual effect.

It's something you have to do or watch someone do in real time, it doesn't sound like much work but it really is time consuming, the video @Spotswood linked is a pretty good representation of what is involved and you times that by 48 individual cable lengths and that's how much work it is.

Previous Build

22 hours ago, Rofl47 said:

You could make a fortune off of it... except one problem - linusmediagroup doesn't sell pc cases... or coloring of orange and black parts.

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not trying to pitch PC cases to LinusTechTips, It's orange because that colour is my favourite, not because it's Linus themed.

Previous Build

1 hour ago, Willy Dijo said:

It's something you have to do or watch someone do in real time, it doesn't sound like much work but it really is time consuming, the video @Spotswood linked is a pretty good representation of what is involved and you times that by 48 individual cable lengths and that's how much work it is.

I assume that it does take some time, but 1x 8 pin in 8 hours ? like 1 hour by pin ? That mean that it would take like 24 hours to do the 24 pin connector ? Ok, I could understand something like 10 minutes for one pin.

1 hour ago, Alice in game said:

I assume that it does take some time, but 1x 8 pin in 8 hours ? like 1 hour by pin ? That mean that it would take like 24 hours to do the 24 pin connector ? Ok, I could understand something like 10 minutes for one pin.

In that time I also created a pin-out illustration so I wouldn't fry my system, figured out the ideal cable paths and cut the existing power supply cables to length, that also was my first attempt at sleeving. The statement was probably misleading and it didn't take that long to just sleeve 8 cables. Again, its something you have to do to realise just how long it takes.

Previous Build