Need help for my sleeper build!

Hello!

so i'm going to build a sleeper pc ( a pc that looks old but has "good" parts in it) so that some of my friends can play cs:go (or any other valve game or gta V) at my home.

i realy want to build a sleeper because wel... pure nostalgia lol.

but i'm kind of stuck, al the old pc's i have are either too mutch sentimental value or don't fit with modern conectors...

so i was wondering if maybe any of you guys maybe have an idea of a good old (or new if it looks old) case i coud use?

and while we're speacking on the topic of pc builds, do you guys maybe have a good idea of some good second hand pc parts? (altough i do live in belgium, every recomendation is apreciated 'v'/ ) (total cost of the build will be around 300 european rubels)

either way thank you for already reading!

greetings-

neon_T

(also sorry for my grammar/spelling, dyslexia sucks ;n; )

Head to your local college and ask if they're throwing away any PCs. You can scrap and clean out one of the cases

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

2 minutes ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Head to your local college and ask if they're throwing away any PCs. You can scrap and clean out one of the cases

already did haha, but unfortinatly the only thing they had where cases that don't have any kind of standard lay out :/

2 minutes ago, neon_T said:

already did haha, but unfortinatly the only thing they had where cases that don't have any kind of standard lay out :/

Head to a best buy or something and see if they have any really cheap PCs

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

1 minute ago, mikat said:

drive to the dump?

mod?

my internship place is literaly next to the dump, they said they woud be on the lookout but unfortinatly (well not realy but not for this build) the pc's that where trown away there where either broken to hell or too modern :/ but they where on the lookout for one though!

use a smaller form factor motherboard and use a drill(or Dremel with drill bit) to drill holes for motherboard stand offs, often times the IO shield on the back is standard but some times its not, so you may have to get a little creative with a dremel. google for your nearest electronics recycling center and you can something like a case they will probably just let you have.

7 minutes ago, photokid98 said:

use a smaller form factor motherboard and use a drill(or Dremel with drill bit) to drill holes for motherboard stand offs, often times the IO shield on the back is standard but some times its not, so you may have to get a little creative with a dremel. google for your nearest electronics recycling center and you can something like a case they will probably just let you have.

mh, i probably will try not to get too creative with a drill or dremel since i'm a horrible creative person haha. i've also tried local shops but man they are greedy people and ask 75 euros for a windows 95 computer :/

3.11.14rm100_3420.jpg

Mine is similar to this, complete with Pentium II sticker and a floppy. I was running an A10-7850k in it until about 2 months ago. Cooling isn't the best, but it's sufficient, and it's for the reaction anyway... I've had it for over a decade so the list of what has been inside is somewhat lengthy.

Never tell me the odds.” Followed by:  “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Which leads to:  “It’s a trap!”

19 hours ago, Audi_guy said:

3.11.14rm100_3420.jpg

Mine is similar to this, complete with Pentium II sticker and a floppy. I was running an A10-7850k in it until about 2 months ago. Cooling isn't the best, but it's sufficient, and it's for the reaction anyway... I've had it for over a decade so the list of what has been inside is somewhat lengthy.

oh bro that looks sweet! that's exactly like something i'm trying to build!

and don't worry about cooling bro! as long as it isn't as bad as my laptop (99°c, on the edge of thermal trotheling) you're fine :P