Topic based RSS

Kryptyx
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Not possible, and nowhere near widely useful enough to justify us hacking it in.

So I'm going to be writing a script to scrape this site for links in a particular topic. It would be awesome if there was an RSS feed per topic. I know there is one based on the forum but not per topic. Any plans to add this? It would make scraping the pages a lot easier.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

whats an rss feed again ? xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Not possible, and nowhere near widely useful enough to justify us hacking it in.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

IPB doesn't have a mod to do this already?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    

6 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

IPB doesn't have a mod to do this already?

No. It's not something that many people would ever use, and the people that would use it would only do so very rarely. RSS feeds are designed so that you give a feed URL to a program, and it then updates you when something happens - they shouldn't need to be enumerable. What you're asking for is an XML API, which isn't available. Just scrape the HTML - each post is contained within

<div data-role="commentContent" itemprop="text" class="ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsContained" data-controller="core.front.core.lightboxedImages">
</div>

Yes, it's more complicated than XML, but it's still simpler than us adding an entire API for it.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

No. It's not something that many people would ever use, and the people that would use it would only do so very rarely. RSS feeds are designed so that you give a feed URL to a program, and it then updates you when something happens - they shouldn't need to be enumerable. What you're asking for is an XML API, which isn't available. Just scrape the HTML - each post is contained within

<div data-role="commentContent" itemprop="text" class="ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsContained" data-controller="core.front.core.lightboxedImages">
</div>

Yes, it's more complicated than XML, but it's still simpler than us adding an entire API for it.

Yeah that's simple enough. I was just trying to see if there was something I could use to go off of a little easier. The plan is to scrape the 3DMark thread for 3DMark links and then scrape those results and update the Google spreadsheet automatically.

On 3/3/2016 at 1:57 PM, givingtnt said:

whats an rss feed again ? xD

Basically, its a website's content in plain text. Usually used with blogs.

Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

7 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Basically, its a website's content in plain text. Usually used with blogs.

Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

Actually its best in use when you follow multiple news sites and want to read headline or first segment to know if its worth reading as full.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv