Should i buy the nexus 5x now because it's on sale?

1832vin

hi, i'm currently on windows phone, and it is very bad, but it's bearable currently because i only use my phone as a camera, but i'm looking for an upgrade now

nexus 5x seems like a good choice because of the bigger camera sensor

but what i'm thinking is that what if google releases a new phone by this autum and then the 5x gets even cheaper?

currently, i found out that on amazon, the nexus 5x phone is on 28% sale at £286 (aprox $400) for the 32GB model, and i'm really wondering should i buy it?

or does someone know why amazon retails is giving a discount on it...? (if i know the reason, i might be able to prospone my purchase until i have money surplus, cuz if i buy this, i'll have almost no money until next pay check...)

Since you're not in the US, I would say go for it. There's a US website called Swappa where you can get WAY better phones for the same price, perhaps there's a version for your location. 

That's a good question, maybe they've already dropped the price since some big time phones are on the horizon.  You would assume they would drop it even more though once the S7 and G5 release.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

At 286 quid it's really a good deal, I would go for it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

have, is good.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I have the phone and enjoy it. Only downside is battery life, but that is expected in any phone nowadays.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

On 29/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, drewjn said:

I have the phone and enjoy it. Only downside is battery life, but that is expected in any phone nowadays.

what? how much is the on screen time, please don't tell me it's less than 3 hours, or else i'm not buying this phone

my daily commute to work is 3 hours, so......   sometimes, i'd like to watch stuff

my current windows phone lasts me for days, litterally, 3 days usally (4 years old now)

I have some qualms with the Nexus devices(no more sd support, no removable battery), but the nexus lines are the way to go. Google is really good with supporting the Nexus line of phones and pure android could be bliss for many.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

20 hours ago, 1832vin said:

what? how much is the on screen time, please don't tell me it's less than 3 hours, or else i'm not buying this phone

my daily commute to work is 3 hours, so......   sometimes, i'd like to watch stuff

my current windows phone lasts me for days, litterally, 3 days usally (4 years old now)

Hmm, I just got my dad the Nexus 5X and the battery isn't too great. It's 3,000 Mah (If I remember right) and depending on the screen brightness, it can suck 30-40% in a hour or two (Though I was also running app updates at the time too...this is also just wifi, no SIM yet). I think it wouldn't survive a day of heavy use. Just doing nothing and sitting on my desk (no SIM and only wifi), 30% of the battery disappeared over three days.

The screen's colors looked a tad washed out compared to my mom's Nexus 6 (her screen has more saturation).

The side buttons are a little weak to me as well (tactile feedback wise, not quality wise...feels mushy at times).

The camera is okay, but better than my mom's Nexus 6 at least. It's a little hard to judge since photos look a tad washed out on the phone's display, but when I move it to my PC and view it on my IPS monitor, you can see the color.

I wrapped it in dbrand skin as well and it looks pretty nice.

I did get it for $270 USD though, and it's a great phone for that price. Ah, do note it uses USB 3.1 Type C as the connector...I didn't notice that when I bought it...so now I'm hunting for USB Type C connector to USB 3.1 ends so I can connect my dad's phone to my PC / his existing car charger.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at upgrading from my Nexus 5, but the lack of wireless charging really put me off - it's probably my favourite feature of the 5. I don't understand why they left it out :/

On 2/29/2016 at 4:46 PM, 1832vin said:

The Nexus 5X, while I had it, usually ended the day at roughly 3 hours screen-on-time with anywhere between 40-15% remaining depending on if I got on WiFi and how long and where I traveled (due to signal in my area being poor, traveling to bigger areas saved battery life). Honestly it's not a bad device, but if you plan on burning battery, I'd recommend a battery pack with it or another device like the 6P with a larger built in battery.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.