I'm in need of new headphones for travelling

Venomz1337

I travel by bus 2.5 hours everyday. I need something that sounds good but isn't overly expensive. So far I've found these and are £30 off. What do you guys think/recommend?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHL5905BK-10-CitiScape-Headphone/dp/B0077860BG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1378992623&sr=8-4&keywords=phillips+headphones

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I have heard that they are very comfortable and sounds good (but not flat) and they don't leak sound so the other people on the bus won't hate you because they can hear your music

I suggest watching this video

If it's for mobile travel, you could also get some earphones (not those crappy ipod buds). Sennheiser makes nice ones.

If it's for mobile travel, you could also get some earphones (not those crappy ipod buds). Sennheiser makes nice ones.

I don't want in-ear as I feel I'm damaging my hearing by doing so. I don't play music on high volume but still think, pushing dirt into my ears is bad.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Since you are using them on the bus for extended periods of time you might want a closed phone so you don't annoy or bother everyone on the bus haha :)

I recommend Sony MDR-XB500's personally, they are very comfortable, have great bass, and are an overall deal for the price. 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2

I travel by bus 2.5 hours everyday. I need something that sounds good but isn't overly expensive. So far I've found these and are £30 off. What do you guys think/recommend?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHL5905BK-10-CitiScape-Headphone/dp/B0077860BG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1378992623&sr=8-4&keywords=phillips+headphones

I was going to recommend exactly those OP! They've got good reviews and are highly recommended.

Since you are using them on the bus for extended periods of time you might want a closed phone so you don't annoy or bother everyone on the bus haha :)

I recommend Sony MDR-XB500's personally, they are very comfortable, have great bass, and are an overall deal for the price. 

I was going to recommend exactly those OP! They've got good reviews and are highly recommended.

These look really good, I should be purchasing them and seeing how they go. Thanks for the advice!

What about these though?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00974Q1US/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1BMAC5KCZ4PQ40G4MKKV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=418448347&pf_rd_i=468294

Upon further inspections, I'm not spending £65.

Did you see the white ones were a lot cheaper, depends if you like white?

I'm not a big fan on the white ones but 25% cheaper is also a difference.

What about these? 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00974Q1US/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1BMAC5KCZ4PQ40G4MKKV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=418448347&pf_rd_i=468294

Did you see the white ones were a lot cheaper, depends if you like white?

Uh, excuse me, I think you mean grey. 

le_fancy.jpg

Upon further inspections, I'm not spending £65.

I meant I was recommending the Phillips Uptown which were already in your OP.

I meant I was recommending the Phillips Uptown which were already in your OP.

Oh! Okay, I'm guessing they're the ones I'm buying.

Oh! Okay, I'm guessing they're the ones I'm buying.

Skullcandy Aviators are on sale, again depends on colour.

Headset

These look really good, I should be purchasing them and seeing how they go. Thanks for the advice!

What about these though?

The main difference between the MDR-XB500 and MDR-XB600B is that the the XB500's are over ear versus the XB600B being on ear, To me personally I would always go over ear instead of on ear but that's up too you. They both will have great bass, the "XB" in the model series stands for "Xtra Bass" so both are bound to have good bass. I've actually listened to the MDR-XB500 so I would recommend those over the XB600B though they are still great for the money, to me the 500's are just more comfortable and pleasing to look at.

The main difference between the MDR-XB500 and MDR-XB600B is that the the XB500's are over ear versus the XB600B being on ear, To me personally I would always go over ear instead of on ear but that's up too you. They both will have great bass, the "XB" in the model series stands for "Xtra Bass" so both are bound to have good bass. I've actually listened to the MDR-XB500 so I would recommend those over the XB600B though they are still great for the money, to me the 500's are just more comfortable and pleasing to look at.

Do you think it's worth the £65?

Lemme change the question, is it worth the extra £15 over the Phillips?

Do you think it's worth the £65?

Lemme change the question, is it worth the extra £15 over the Phillips?

I wouldn't say so, I've heard those Phillips are fantastic headphones for the money, have bass extension, nice mids, etc. They also have great build quality a look good, one review I read about them said that they would even be safe to thrown in a travel bag and not have to worry about breaking them. The Phillips also look really nice, I would just get yourself the Phillips and save yourself the few extra bucks. Just letting you know, I haven't personally owned or listened to the Phillips so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read they are damn good portable headphones for the money.

I wouldn't say so, I've heard those Phillips are fantastic headphones for the money, have bass extension, nice mids, etc. They also have great build quality a look good, one review I read about them said that they would even be safe to thrown in a travel bag and not have to worry about breaking them. The Phillips also look really nice, I would just get yourself the Phillips and save yourself the few extra bucks. Just letting you know, I haven't personally owned or listened to the Phillips so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read they are damn good portable headphones for the money.

Thanks man, I can always return them if disappointed.