Setting up my own Desktop PC Repair business

FluffiestPond

Hello everybody! 

As the title says, I'm planning on setting up my own PC repairs business, I'm going to be starting out small; more of a hobby to begin with. But if it picks up I'll take it to a higher level with expansion etc. 

I've done huge amounts of research into the whole project, I have practically no competition within a 40-50 mile radius (That includes major brand stores such as PC World) and I'm pretty experienced in troubleshooting and fixing problems. 

I was wondering if any of you have gone down the same route and have some tips for me? I've got local advertising covered, my personal took kit both physical and digital is more than enough to fix pretty much anything, I'm very experienced in sourcing good replacements parts, I have great experience in both modern and dated technology (Great for my local area). 

I'm going to be offering free call-out's within 25 miles, and my pricing will be very competitive / fair. Which isn't saying much given there is no competition to deal with but still. I'll be working from home as renting out a shop is to much of an expense for me to start with, but like I said if it goes well expansion is possible!  

But yeah, any input would be a great help, have I missed anything? 

Also, I'm pretty stumped on a business name, so suggestions there would be great too! :P

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

All I can say is good luck, I tried it and I'm still trying but Ive had people Msg seem very interested in getting a pc built or fixed but then back out, been trying for about 3-4 months at this point and haven't had one customer....

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Never do free call-outs. Never.

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Brand Blacklist: Gainward, Silverstone, Cougar, Gigabyte.

2 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

All I can say is good luck, I tried it and I'm still trying but Ive had people Msg seem very interested in getting a pc built or fixed but then back out, been trying for about 3-4 months at this point and haven't had one customer....

That's not good, keep at it dude, I'm sure they'll come! 

1 minute ago, HatsuneMilku said:

Never do free call-outs. Never.

Reasoning? 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

3 minutes ago, FluffiestPond said:

That's not good, keep at it dude, I'm sure they'll come! 

Reasoning? 

I've had several people request my help, only to drive 20 miles to find that they had already fixed the problem saying sorry mate my router was turned off or oops the cable wasn't plugged in.

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Brand Blacklist: Gainward, Silverstone, Cougar, Gigabyte.

Just now, HatsuneMilku said:

I've had several people request my help, only to drive 20 miles to find that they had already fixed the problem saying sorry mate my router was turned off or oops the cable wasn't plugged in.

As much as I can see that being a problem, I'm pretty sure the call-outs would be a pretty big selling point, given where I live is pretty far out of "Major" civilization.  

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Sam Z Man said:

It's fine to do them just charge for it.

What would you say a fair call-out price would be? 

Spoiler

I do some stuff here and there just through word of mouth at the moment, but my schedule is only some nights and most weekends so I have lower rates. I am charging $50 and hour plus a $25 trip charge, and that hasn't been an issue with anyone and i'm happy with it. I just make it clear I only warrety my labor for 30 days, and will try to do those stupid small things remotely if I can and send a bill.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4