Help with setting up a liquid cooler for MSI GTX 970

I recently have started doing more tinkering with my computer that I bought prebuilt from Cyberpower (I live in Alaska where shipping costs are insane so it was more cost effective to order a prebuilt one then ordering individual parts otherwise I would have built it myself), it came with a liquid cooling system for the CPU, a Intel i5 Core 4690K @ 3.5ghz that I have since overclocked to 4.0ghz at a reasonable temperature, which is what has peaked my interest in getting a liquid cooling setup for my MSI GTX 970 so that I can push it a little harder and get better performance. I am not particularly familiar with setting up a liquid cooling system for a graphics card so I am not even sure where to start with even just the parts I would need for a moderately sized and capable cooling system, I am hoping that this is where this forum and the infinitely better knowledge about this then I have kicks in from you guys.

20160227_154533.jpg

20160227_154540.jpg

You could get something like this: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-hg10-n970-gpu-liquid-cooling-bracket

(Which is just the fan, you also have to buy the AIO cooler)

Although the performance you get will be minimal with a 970. Not worth $50+ USD in my opinion.

I'd save up for a 980ti (maybe a liquid cooler too if you're feeling power-hungry)

Note that prices vary by retailer.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

31 minutes ago, Ashercrasher said:

I recently have started doing more tinkering with my computer that I bought prebuilt from Cyberpower (I live in Alaska where shipping costs are insane so it was more cost effective to order a prebuilt one then ordering individual parts otherwise I would have built it myself), it came with a liquid cooling system for the CPU, a Intel i5 Core 4690K @ 3.5ghz that I have since overclocked to 4.0ghz at a reasonable temperature, which is what has peaked my interest in getting a liquid cooling setup for my MSI GTX 970 so that I can push it a little harder and get better performance. I am not particularly familiar with setting up a liquid cooling system for a graphics card so I am not even sure where to start with even just the parts I would need for a moderately sized and capable cooling system, I am hoping that this is where this forum and the infinitely better knowledge about this then I have kicks in from you guys.

20160227_154533.jpg

20160227_154540.jpg

look at the nzxt gpu coolers and corsair brackets

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

The hard drive is hanging on for his life ... you should fix that, first, 

Magical Pineapples

56 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Didn't you just post this...?

Sorry, it gave me a error claiming I need to try again and didn't notice it had actually posted. My bad should have looked.

You can pick up a NZXT Kraken G10 and a cheap AIO like the Corsair H55 for it. The question is whether you have room in your case to mount an additional radiator. Plus, that's at least $100 more, and there might be more worthwhile upgrades. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

1 hour ago, Jidonsu said:

You can pick up a NZXT Kraken G10 and a cheap AIO like the Corsair H55 for it. The question is whether you have room in your case to mount an additional radiator. Plus, that's at least $100 more, and there might be more worthwhile upgrades. 

The case size was kind of my main worry, not the smallest in the world for sure but its not exactly a colossal size case. There seems to be a mounting spot on the top of the case but that literally right above where the CPU's radiator and fan is, if it were to fit at all I would definitely need to remove the cpu cooling system first to set up the graphic card cooling system.