Which of the three?

BlackHat2000

Ok so I am really constricting my 980ti price, but out of the three cheapest u could find, which is better?

EVGA 980TI ftw

Asus Strix 980ti

EVGA 980ti

Or should I say fuck it and get the Msi?

I really like the look of the Strix cards also they have the inbuilt fan off mode which is really cool 

20 Year old Computing student who plays video games and fusses over how his PC looks in his free time

Spoiler

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 4670K - 4.4 GHz | MotherboardMSI Z77-G45 Gaming | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 128GB x 2 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon 7950 | PSU: Corsair CX750m | Case: NZXT S340 | Cooling: Corsair H90 | MonitorAOC 22" Monitor | PeripheralsRazer Blackwidow Ultimate, Creative Soundblaster Rage Wireless and Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10  Arch Linux (XFCE) 

Pictures and More Information Here 

4 minutes ago, BlackHat2000 said:

Ok so I am really constricting my 980ti price, but out of the three cheapest u could find, which is better?

EVGA 980TI ftw

Asus Strix 980ti

EVGA 980ti

Or should I say fuck it and get the Msi?

EVGA or MSI, whichever appeals to you.

Asus isn't that great.

Just now, pokechat8978 said:

EVGA or MSI, whichever appeals to you.

Asus isn't that great.

again i'd say msi. but it's actually better to not listen to me on this one i guess. 

#SuckerForLooks

I would go with the EVGA FTW card

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, 17Roman1998 said:

again i'd say msi. but it's actually better to not listen to me on this one i guess. 

#SuckerForLooks

#NothingWrongWithWantingASexyGPU

20 Year old Computing student who plays video games and fusses over how his PC looks in his free time

Spoiler

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 4670K - 4.4 GHz | MotherboardMSI Z77-G45 Gaming | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 128GB x 2 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon 7950 | PSU: Corsair CX750m | Case: NZXT S340 | Cooling: Corsair H90 | MonitorAOC 22" Monitor | PeripheralsRazer Blackwidow Ultimate, Creative Soundblaster Rage Wireless and Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10  Arch Linux (XFCE) 

Pictures and More Information Here 

Just now, piromane666 said:

me too

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I would go with the EVGA FTW card

Just out of curiosity, why?

6 minutes ago, 17Roman1998 said:

i would say fuck it and go with a msi gtx 980ti. but... I’m quite a sucker for looks so... yeah

wait what the... MSI make there own gtx's? dafuq

I’m sure I wasn’t under a rock....

I love my Strix cards, haven't had a single problem with them. With that said, Asus support is known to be pretty bad. Evga is known for great support so you may want to go with them. They should all OC roughly the same. IMO if you have a window on your case, go with whatever brand looks best to you.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

7 minutes ago, BlackHat2000 said:

just because i never heard anything bad about EVGA and it looks better than the strix 

p.s. side note, i HATE the green leds above the power connectors...  those f*cking green leds stay on even at night while my pc is turned off and you can't turn them off

2 minutes ago, piromane666 said:

just because i never heard anything bad about EVGA and it looks better than the strix 

p.s. side note, i HATE the green leds above the power connectors...  those f*cking green leds stay on even at night while my pc is turned off and you can't turn them off

The FTW edition should OC better right? And does it have any LEDS?

Just now, BlackHat2000 said:

The FTW edition should OC better right? And does it have any LEDS?

I think it should only light up the side of the card when your pc is on but i'm not sure

Just now, piromane666 said:

I think it should only light up the side of the card when your pc is on but i'm not sure

It sounds compelling

EVGA all the way. ASUS sucks ass, their cards suck at cooling for having three friggin' fans.

13 minutes ago, BlackHat2000 said:

Great cooler, decent factory OC (even though that is not super important), great support in case you have to RMA and overall I am not a huge fan of the Strix cooler myself.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How well does the EVGA FTW overclock? or does core speed not matter that much? Because atm, the only reason for not getting the MSI version is $30 and higher base clock speed and boost