Is Android worth it?

PalkiaRock484

So I have an iPhone and I was wondering is switching to android is worth the work. I'm not really complaining about anything in ios but is Android so much better? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything I just want to know if it's a good idea to switch with all the apps, songs, and movies I have. I don't do anything much on my phone.

Grump Bumb

Ios is only better for simpler people who only want to use the phone, and not change anything

(however in this regard i still think andriod is better)

for eveyrthing else andriod is better

It's all about user preference.  If all of your songs were bought through itunes, it will  be a problem switching to Android.  You'll also have to consider the new UI and functionality.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

you should be able to transfer the files to an android and use VLC (app) to watch and play music/videos

I like Android personally because they seem more user custom to me. In performance? I think they work the same.

Apple, cant change any components

Android, certain phones can replace the battery (if battery old or need more power), add extra storage

2 hours ago, PalkiaRock484 said:

So I have an iPhone and I was wondering is switching to android is worth the work. I'm not really complaining about anything in ios but is Android so much better? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything I just want to know if it's a good idea to switch with all the apps, songs, and movies I have. I don't do anything much on my phone.

I'd consider it over the iPhone 7 as it doesn't have a headphone jack if listening to music is something you often do, and I guarantee that cord is going to be $50.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Both Apple and Google essentially force you to build a dependence upon their OS.

I would recommend sticking with iOS.

Literally if you want any user/efficiency customizations/optimizations you have to go with Android.

I would call that worth it.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Yeah but is the security bad or is that an old thing. (I don't follow Android) Also the support after the phones release, is it really only like a year

Grump Bumb

2 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

I'd consider it over the iPhone 7 as it doesn't have a headphone jack if listening to music is something you often do, and I guarantee that cord is going to be $50.

iPhone 7 is only rumors right now. wait until the full release to judge it.

2 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

Has the no headphone jack been confirmed yet? because I was assuming they'd have a have a 3.5mm jack cut in half so that it would still be compatible with regular 3.5mm jacks while also being incredibly thin.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

3 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

I might just get a 6s and call it at that if the 7 sucks or maybe switch

Grump Bumb

No need for extra bloatware on your computer

Real file management

You can downgrade the OS

You can install a completely different OS

If it is motorola nexus or has an active community security is good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

13 minutes ago, PalkiaRock484 said:

Pros: 

Customization

Cons:

Security is shit.

Try the Motorola Droid Turbo. It is heck of a phone

If you're invested, not worth the effort. If you're not invested, go ahead and try Android - have a go and see which platform you like better. Personally I feel that the variety of Android is overwhelming and leads to a bad experience overall but that's just me.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

If you go android go with the nexus line, you don't have to worry about fragmentation and your device will have a long update life cycle. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

22 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

You realize this is a rumor, right? 

And I'd stick with iOS, I came from Android and the only thing I miss is the link function between social media and my contacts to pull photos and such through + T9 phone numbers. 

I currently have an Samsung A5 for work and iPhone 6 for personal, and I'd prefer the iPhone 90% of the time. It's a simple but effective OS, it works, and it gets the latest updates. 

What are you using your phone for, anyway? If you're just using it for calling, texting, surfing, taking pictures, using social media and that kind of stuff, what you choose doesn't make any difference beyond your preferences. All smart phones are great at those things.

null

I wouldn't say Android is "so much better" than iOS.  Both operating systems have strengths and weaknesses.  I chose Android over iOS simply for the cost.  Even a generation old device was painfully expensive to me.  Can't say I've regretted switching over from Windows Phone in the slightest.  If you just do whatever with your phone, I'd say stick with what you have.  If you are interested in exploring around and want maybe root about in the future, Android might be for you.  

The only thing Android is good for is customization. In everything else it absolutely sucks and gets destroyed by the iOS. iOS - that's where optimization, speed and smoothness are at. Android is laggy, apps unoptimized, etc. All apps are coded to utilize only 2 cores, and Android devices have 4 weak cores. Which means Iphones with 2 strong cores will definitely perform better. It's sort of like AMD vs Intel situation, and we all know who wins there. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz