DualShock 4 on PC

ProjectRED

Hello ladies and gents,

So as my problem states I am having difficulties getting my Dual shock 4 to work on my PC. But its not that simple. So the Dualshock 4 has a lot of support on Windows 10 so almost all my games work with it. But after discovering its better to fly in Star Wars Battlefront Dice with a controller Ive been trying it out. And the 360 controller works just fine. But I would prefer the Dual shock better. So If anyone knows why this controller does not work in Battlefront or if you know a fix please let me know.

Thanks In Advanced!

Extra:

Also this may be a problem for another topic but why not kill tow birds with one stone?

So every now and again my pc would crash when playing high graphic games with "Device Hung Error" And also states something about my 980 Ti Driver.

because it doesnt support direct input

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Download inputmapper. It will see the controller as an xbox controller, but it'll work perfectly. 

E: added link

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Or use DS4 tool. (That is what i used and it works in BF)

How reliable is this input mapper. I heard of these controller sims to have hiccups and bugs.

2 minutes ago, ProjectRED said:

How reliable is this input mapper. I heard of these controller sims to have hiccups and bugs.

I havent used one in a while cause my con is screwy but they are mostly fine.

System Specs

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

I havent used one in a while cause my con is screwy but they are mostly fine.

Okay thank you ill give it a whirl.

I've tried using PlayStation controllers on PC and I've never gotten them to work well. I highly recommend just spending the money to get a 360 controller and saving yourself the headache.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I recommend DS4Windows: http://ds4windows.com/

I use this with my DS4 using USB, though it does allow Bluetooth connections as well. I haven't found a game so far that it doesn't work with unless the game doesn't support controllers at all.

I don't own Battlefront so I can't test that, but if Battlefront allows X360 controllers, then DS4Windows should help you in that regard since it emulates the X360 controller's XInput method to essentially trick games into thinking it's a X360 controller. Works really well with Dying Light, Rocket League, and Lego Star Wars so far.

So every now and again my pc would crash when playing high graphic games with "Device Hung Error" And also states something about my 980 Ti Driver.

If it doesn't occur with only one or two games, then I'd recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) and then install your GPU drivers again.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

DDU will ask you to boot into safemode in Windows and it'll uninstall your GPU drivers completely, like as if you just installed Windows for the first time, and then you can boot back into Windows and install your drivers again. If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what else could be causing it, might want to post in the troubleshooting section for more advice.

23 hours ago, EChondo said:

I use this with my DS4 using USB, though it does allow Bluetooth connections as well. I haven't found a game so far that it doesn't work with unless the game doesn't support controllers at all.

I don't own Battlefront so I can't test that, but if Battlefront allows X360 controllers, then DS4Windows should help you in that regard since it emulates the X360 controller's XInput method to essentially trick games into thinking it's a X360 controller. Works really well with Dying Light, Rocket League, and Lego Star Wars so far.

If it doesn't occur with only one or two games, then I'd recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) and then install your GPU drivers again.

DDU will ask you to boot into safemode in Windows and it'll uninstall your GPU drivers completely, like as if you just installed Windows for the first time, and then you can boot back into Windows and install your drivers again. If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what else could be causing it, might want to post in the troubleshooting section for more advice.

Thank you, It seems to only affect games using the frostbite engine and GTA V. Like rocket league and titan fall work just fine. Thank you I will try this though.

On 25/02/2016 at 11:00 AM, KE2012 said:

Or use DS4 tool. (That is what i used and it works in BF)

On 25/02/2016 at 3:13 PM, EChondo said:

DS4W / DS4 Tool is an earlier version of Input Mapper. It's made by the same people, but Input Mapper is the current project, and the earlier versions are abandoned, AFAIK.

Or maybe they are two separate programs. Input mapper developer on their forums:

DS4windows.com and Inputmapper.com are two completely different softwares by two different developers, ours was originally called DS4Windows aswell, but due to the confusion underwent a "re-brand". Additionally we underwent a code re-write as the original code DS4Windows was not very "future proof" and relied on older Win Forms UI, at the same time the code also bacame private as it was at that point our intelectual property. Our original DS4Windows builds are marked as deprecated because the update and authentication URL's are no longer valid, so users would not be able to sign in to them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987