Connecting a Playstation 2 to a PC monitor?

Hey Guys

I apologise if that is the wrong forum, if it is please let me know.

Is it possible to connect a PS2 to a modern monitor? As far as I know the PS2 only has the red/white/yellow connectors and an adapter to SCART, where as my main monitor (Dell U2414H) only has HDMI and DP and my secondary monitor HDMI, VGA and DVI,

Are there adapters for that or do I have to use an older TV?

Use something like a converter box (component video to hdmi)

component-to-hdmi-converter.jpg

(yes, the ps2 supports component cables and even some games are in 720p or 1080i)

Specs ---->

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4790k  Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK RAM: 2x8Gb DDR3 2400 Corsair Vengance GPU: RX 580 Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ring SSD: Vertex4 60Gb PSU: XFX XT600 Storage: #HDD1: WD Blue 1TB #HDD2: WD Green 2TB OS: Windows 10 home

you need a s-video or component video to VGA/DVI adapter

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would highly suggest you buying a CRT TV if you can instead and use the PS2 on that.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The game I mainly want to play again is Guitar Hero. What would the graphics look like if I were to play it on a modern monitor? 

And while we do have an old CRT in our living room, I dont really have the desire to carry it into my room every time I want to play. Despite that there isnt realyl much space where I could put it.

• 2 years later...

If someone wants to connect ps2 to hdmi port, should he buy a S-Video to HDMI upscaler or there is another way?