GTX 750 vs R7 260X vs HD 7770

lukazec
Go to solution Solved by BallisticPeanut,
6 minutes ago, lukazec said:

Okay then,but if I don't find it at the money I have should I get a 260x or 750?

260x will be slightly better than the 750, but the 750 will have similar power efficiently to the 750ti.  A 750ti shouldn't be too hard to find and it only cost slightly more than the 750.

Hey guys,so I've got this PC:

#CPU AMD FX 6300

#RAM 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1886MHz

#PSU LC Power 600w

#MOBO GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3

And I need a GPU for some Photoshop/Rendering/ GTA V,Just Cause 3,Far Cry 4 etc.

I'm on very strict budget and can't go over 130€

Thanks!

750Ti > 260x > 750 (I think) > 7770 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, lukazec said:

Hey guys,so I've got this PC:

#CPU AMD FX 6300

#RAM 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1886MHz

#PSU LC Power 600w

#MOBO GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3

And I need a GPU for some Photoshop/Rendering/ GTA V,Just Cause 3,Far Cry 4 etc.

I'm on very strict budget and can't go over 130€

Thanks!

well r7 260x is more powerful , however i'm concerned about the driver overhead on amd cards with that fx chip

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Since your power supply is shit, I would either spend the money on replacing that, or on the least power-hungry of those cards. That's the GTX 750.

5 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

well r7 260x is more powerful , however i'm concerned about the driver overhead on amd cards with that fx chip

Not a noticeable factor at all. The higher power consumption of the 260X is much more important in this context.

3 minutes ago, Supercian411 said:

save up for a r9 380

Hahahahah no. I'm hardly saving for this.

Out of those cards the 260x is the best.  But, if you can get one within your budget, the 750ti is better. 

The 750(non ti) I think is still pretty close to the 260x though, so depending if you want the features or drivers it might be a good choice too.

Okay guys so will my PSU be too much of a problem if I wan to get let's say a 260x or 750Ti

21 minutes ago, lukazec said:

Okay guys so will my PSU be too much of a problem if I wan to get let's say a 260x or 750Ti

From what I've read the LC powersupply is not recommended for gaming, but I do know that the 750ti is really lenient on power.  You could try it and it could be perfectly fine, but it's always recommended to get a decent quality PSU.

Just now, BallisticPeanut said:

From what I've read the LC powersupply is not recommended for gaming, but I do know that the 750ti is really lenient on power.  You could try it and it could be perfectly fine, but it's always recommended to get a decent quality PSU.

Yes yes I know that I've kind of made a mistake by buying that PSU but I just had no choice. It was a get it cheap or leave it.

And trust me,I won't do any overclocking whatsoever. And I'm not going to torture my PC with multitasking like rendering and gaming at the same time. So which one do you personally recommend getting for the best safety and gaming experience?

3 minutes ago, lukazec said:

Yes yes I know that I've kind of made a mistake by buying that PSU but I just had no choice. It was a get it cheap or leave it.

And trust me,I won't do any overclocking whatsoever. And I'm not going to torture my PC with multitasking like rendering and gaming at the same time. So which one do you personally recommend getting for the best safety and gaming experience?

750ti. Even if you had a good PSU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, lukazec said:

The 750ti is probably the safest choice since it has lowest power consumption out of the two.

Here's a chart on the cards power consumption

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-21.html

Okay then,but if I don't find it at the money I have should I get a 260x or 750?

1 minute ago, lukazec said:

The 260X,it performs way better than the 750(non Ti) I think.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

2 minutes ago, SirDucksallot said:

The 260X,it performs way better than the 750(non Ti) I think.

Only within margin of error: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-and-750-ti-review,1.html

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 minutes ago, lukazec said:

260x will be slightly better than the 750, but the 750 will have similar power efficiently to the 750ti.  A 750ti shouldn't be too hard to find and it only cost slightly more than the 750.

2 minutes ago, BallisticPeanut said:

Well thanks a lot then guys,I'm not going to hassle you anymore!