I don't get why older CS games are considered good?

LokiFire

I played for a few hours and was ripping people to shreds because the guns are so easy in comparison to CSGO's mechanics.

The Deagle is ridiculous in Source and i can 1 shot heads all day long.

There are no competitive servers, it's mostly incredibly random and it can be fun for sure, but not what i was expecting from people with 5000+ hours in such a game that they admire so much.

In CSGO i am only MGE after the rank shift and am pretty ok at the game.

In Source i was destroying veterans.

Bx2TAXl.jpg

Crappy image from a recording of it, was captured at 720P

Hzz8j6P.png

What is so good about these older games? other than their history prior to GO?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

People hate change that is why 775 builds are still around why people use windows xp and windows 7

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, LokiFire said:

I played for a few hours and was ripping people to shreds because the guns are so easy in comparison to CSGO's mechanics.

The Deagle is ridiculous in Source and i can 1 shot heads all day long.

There are no competitive servers, it's mostly incredibly random and it can be fun for sure, but not what i was expecting from people with 5000+ hours in such a game that they admire so much.

In CSGO i am only MGE pre Rank Shift and am pretty OK at the game.

In Source i was destroying veterans.

Crappy image from a recording of it, was captured at 720P

What is so good about these older games? other than their history prior to GO?

cos it's softcore

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

Because it was THE SHIT back in the day, I play it occasionally for those old feels and nostalgia, but a lot of people play it because it's easy to run and still very fun. 

4 minutes ago, Digital_ said:

Because it was THE SHIT back in the day, I play it occasionally for those old feels and nostalgia, but a lot of people play it because it's easy to run and still very fun. 

What he said. It´s like how people still really like Pokemon Red and Blue even though they were really buggy.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

What he said. It´s like how people still really like Pokemon Red and Blue even though they were really buggy.

Still play those too c:

you grow up on it, you love it, not to mention if you play with equally skilled players it's still a fair match. I still love halo ce and ps2 is bae. I'd rather play need for speed underground than dirt3 anyday.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Unfortunately the people that you've been versing are brain dead, so you're pretty much seal clubbing.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, RedWulf said:

you grow up on it, you love it, not to mention if you play with equally skilled players it's still a fair match. I still love halo ce and ps2 is bae. I'd rather play need for speed underground than dirt3 anyday.

I play GTA V for them GTA SA nostlgia feels i know what you are saying, still got my PS2 hooked up to my CRT :)

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Unfortunately the people that you've been versing are brain dead, so you're pretty much seal clubbing.

I played Dust 2 and a few guys could do what i was doing and knew a thing or two more than me, it's more just a 1 game thing, they were harder to tackle and were usually the last alive, i was competitive with these guys.

Source was meh, go play the original CS. That is honestly better than GO.

Source was way too easy, a total newb to CS was a good player in that game. 

I realized everyone is gonna ask why I liked 1.6 better than GO, but it comes down to a few main things. Mostly why I don't like GO. It's a great game, and I would much enjoy it over 1.6 if they fixed the things that I really hate. I do love CS:GO, or at least I want to love it. Just there's so many game breaking things in my opinion that it drives me nuts.

The one thing I really liked about 1.6:

1. There was insane stuff that you could pull off in this game, that required a lot of skill. But when you did it, everyone was amazed. An a ton more neat strategies and components of the game, like aggressive AWPing. Yes it's possible in CS:GO, to a degree at least. On 64 tick aggressive awping reliably is nearly impossible though.

Why I don't like GO (basically things that make me dislike the game):

1. Silly competitive rank system that people take seriously, and defend it simply because they're SMFC even though it's legit broken. They're afraid Valve will revamp it, and they won't be able to brag and showoff to their friends anymore that they managed to get to a high rank. These people are also super toxic, and I agree more with everything Donald Trump says than any single thing these people say. 

If you remember the DMG situation, where the entirety of DMG ranks were people who deranked from global, or deserved global but couldn't even get out of DMG. Silver is just a rank where trolls sit, or some kid was unfortunate enough to get placed there.

2. Removal of some skill based things in older games (Example: the AWP is pretty crap compared to how it was in the other games, and removed a huge component of the game that required a ton of skill: Aggressive awping. Because of the update, you're better off sitting in a corner waiting for people to run by. That doesn't take much skill, does it? This isn't the only one, it's just one that really pissed me off since I was an AWP main since source.)

3. Subpar netcode (LAG COMPENSATION. It's alright in casual modes, but competitive servers? Come on. This isn't "let the kid with 0.5 mbi/s play". It's called competitive for a reason, there shouldn't be handicap for people with slow connections. If you want to play comp with a pisspoor internet connection, then go ahead and just accept that you have shit internet and it's not other people's problem to suck up to you. It's unfair to the people with average connections.)

4. The fact that the main servers everyone plays on are 64 tick. Gameplay on 64 tick to 128 tick is completely different. In 128 tick, tap tap or small spray is really effective. In 64 tick, spray and pray is really the only option. Unless you're one of those kids who lives right next to Valve's servers.

Basically, people liked older CS because a lot of people hate the problems with CS:GO. I put up with them, or try to at least. Community servers are awesome, because they usually run 128 tick. 

There was nothing like this game. You don't get the full experience unless you play the game at the time of release when the game industry was different. Its mostly nostalgia.

3 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

I played Dust 2 and a few guys could do what i was doing and knew a thing or two more than me, it's more just a 1 game thing, they were harder to tackle and were usually the last alive, i was competitive with these guys.

That's what you call playing a game and actually being able to have fun.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

10 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

pro tip, if you want decent players, don't play dust 2. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

14 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

pro tip, if you want decent players, don't play dust 2. 

Or mirage, or inferno.

Also don't play cobble, it's all smurfs.

Also don't play overpass, it's all smurfs as well.

Also don't play cache, it's all cheaters.

Basically: Matchmaking is broken.

4 minutes ago, KingKeith55 said:

Or mirage, or inferno.

Also don't play cobble, it's all smurfs.

Also don't play overpass, it's all smurfs as well.

Also don't play cache, it's all cheaters.

Basically: Matchmaking is broken.

i don't actually have many complaints about CSGO match making...for the most part. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

i don't actually have many complaints about CSGO match making...for the most part. 

solo? or with a group?

Solo is terrible. I heard it was very easy to get a high rank with a team, so I challenged myself to do it solo to see how hard it was. Barely got to DMG, then deranked down to GN2 because of the update.

3 minutes ago, KingKeith55 said:

solo? or with a group?

Solo is terrible. I heard it was very easy to get a high rank with a team, so I challenged myself to do it solo to see how hard it was. Barely got to DMG, then deranked down to GN2.

solo 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

solo 

I guess you're lucky then. There's so many people who I play with, who are just so retarded. It's not even that they're JUST bad at the game. They're literally retarded.

If I could I would deport them to siberia.

4 minutes ago, KingKeith55 said:

I guess you're lucky then. There's so many people who I play with, who are just so retarded. It's not even that they're JUST bad at the game. They're literally retarded.

If I could I would deport them to siberia.

that's me with dota, 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nostalgia, most likely.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well i got C&C generals, and there are still quite a lot of people playing it (according to gameranger)

also BF2 has still a lot of people , and for some reason i also end up in the top 3 on the scoreboard , i have no idea how

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Next time play against People who know this Game.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO