The Division PC Beta graphics, still think it's downgraded?

As stated.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. As stated.

• Yes
    • No
    • Turnip
  2. 2. Just for funsies, will you be buying the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Pretty sure yes.
    • Pretty sure no.
    • Turnip.

Hey all!

I hope many of you got to enjoy the Beta, I sure did, I ran it with a 980 Ti with 4790K. Cranking everything to max, 1080P. Personally, I thought the game looked fantastic. I read the thread claiming Ubisoft downgraded it, I believed the thread as well, but the PC Beta proved me wrong. The visuals was fantastic with details everywhere. In fact I find it disappointing just how much of what you see is just shiny walls. Nothing can be interacted with. Like seriously, running for minutes is annoying when there are bikes all over the place... I digress, what do you guys think? I added a poll. Let the vote begin!

Please, don't vote on the pole unless you seen/played the PC beta on max settings

3 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

980 Ti with 4790K. Cranking everything to max, 1080P.

You should invest in a new monitor :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

Yes... Blew most of the budget on the main system, got the cheapest decentish 1080P monitor I could find :P Although I'm looking into investing into a color calibrator first.

Just now, crystal6tak said:

Yes... Blew most of the budget on the main system, got the cheapest decentish 1080P monitor I could find :P Although I'm looking into investing into a color calibrator first.

Not worth investing in a calibrator if its a shit monitor haha, get a nice IPS 1440p display (maybe a nice 144hz one) or even a 4k monitor (meh) 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

6 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Not worth investing in a calibrator if its a shit monitor haha, get a nice IPS 1440p display (maybe a nice 144hz one) or even a 4k monitor (meh) 

Actually I do some lightrooming/video editing, so I might just get another 1080P 60Hz but of much higher color accuracy, contrast, and what not. Then again, I haven't looked into how much they cost, so perhaps I can snag a higher res monitor, who knows.

Just now, crystal6tak said:

Actually I do some lightrooming/video editing, so I might just get another 1080P 60Hz but of much higher color accuracy, contrast, and what not. Then again, I haven't looked into how much they cost, so perhaps I can snag a higher res monitor, who knows.

I edit in lighroom and premier, 1440p or higher is great, as you can keep a nice large project window and have more space for tools :D

ANYWAY >< the division, its hard to say, I think it looks pretty close to advertised, Ubisoft always show off games to be a bit better than they will be

Also we dont know how close the beta is to the release game, could be based on an old build

Absolutely downgraded. RTGI is gone, particle effects scaled down, environment details heavily reduced as well. The performance of PC that was used for the E3 demo back in 2013 could be significantly beaten by today's hardware.

dfgdsreskt.jpg

sdfsdflqshy.jpg

Studios should make it a habit to include settings used for game reveals, add a disclaimer about the crushing effects on performance but since the AAA industry constantly practices prettying up game reveals, give us the option. Took me 5 years to max out Crysis but I didn't shed a tear all the years I was waiting for it. Even if I can't play with max settings, others that have capable hardware should be able to.

Yet it still looks good. It's definitely missing the oomph the first few gameplay videos had but it still looks good.

I'm waiting for feedback and reviews from the first few weeks, I'm skeptical about the amount of content and how well the game holds up over time but I liked what I saw in both betas. It has potential to be a gigantic game but the game faces extreme levels of scrutiny (some of it unwarranted) in two weeks, we'll see how it holds up.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I shot a car and nothing happened :( At least I can slam car doors. That's fun. But it looks really nice. Especially the weather effects. Some indoor environments look incredible. But I don't like how the map looks weird now.

32 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Ehh, I have a 980ti and I just use a 1080p 144hz Monitor, can play pretty much anything at ultra at 144 fps+ (I just prefer super smooth fps over resolution) 

If you quote me or are replying to me please @ me. Thanks

Just now, Raggou said:

Ehh, I have a 980ti and I just use a 1080p 144hz Monitor, can play pretty much anything at ultra at 144 fps+ (I just prefer super smooth fps over resolution) 

Ah 1440p is SO nice though, considering its nearly twice as many pixels, its so sharp and nice

Turnip.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Comparing to the first e3 demo it's definitely downgraded. The environment lacks the detail the demo had. Not saying the game looks bad visually though. But that is not the reason I won't be getting the game. It's the bullet sponge mechanic that really threw me off plus the fact that it's being marketed as an MMO-like.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

'  It's the bullet sponge mechanic '

This is all but eliminated by the marksman weapons and some crit. Even yellow barred enemies drop in a couple hits. The mobs in the hard mode available got pretty Earl Z Moade by the end of beta. I suspect the same will be true for release aswell. Two weeks in and everyone will have some pimp gear, then the 'wait for more content like destiny mode' begins. 

I had fun in beta, good cover mechanics and stable gameplay. I'll pick it up, but probably when I can find it for $30ish CAD, but not more then that. 

As a rule of thumb, we're to never expect anything we see in an E3 demo, or any demo in general, in the final or beta build.

33 minutes ago, Lotte said:

As a rule of thumb, we're to never expect anything we see in an E3 demo, or any demo in general, in the final or beta build.

That's the sad thing about it. Even casuals are beginning to catch up on how misleading game reveals can be. I'm certain The Division with E3 settings was taxing yet a Kepler based SLI configuration pulled it off back in 2013. Speculating of course but considering beta performance, it becomes obvious a single Kepler could not have pulled it off, not even 1080p. If a single 980ti can only do 1080p/30fps with the E3 visual quality, it should be at buyers disposal even if vast majority can not achieve playable frame rates.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

54 minutes ago, Linusinium said:

That's the sad thing about it. Even casuals are beginning to catch up on how misleading game reveals can be. I'm certain The Division with E3 settings was taxing yet a Kepler based SLI configuration pulled it off back in 2013. Speculating of course but considering beta performance, it becomes obvious a single Kepler could not have pulled it off, not even 1080p. If a single 980ti can only do 1080p/30fps with the E3 visual quality, it should be at buyers disposal even if vast majority can not achieve playable frame rates.

We don't know if a 980 Ti can only do 30FPS with the E3 build though. I was thinking more of 40-50 FPS. I mean, I'm using super old drivers and the minimum FPS I got was 55. Normally it hovers around 60 or is at high 60's.

With a nicely overclocked 980 Ti and new drivers, I think those E3 graphics should be easily achievable at around 60 FPS. If not, polaris is right around the corner.

i somehow knew right when i saw the first "gameplay trailer" that the game would not look like that at release not on pc and certainly not on consoles. the only difference is that console guys dont seem to complain about that and we with our expensive gaming rigs expect to get more out of games naturally.

i am getting the division either way since i was quite impressed and pleased with the beta even though i noticed some slight degradation.

also when it comes out i think we need some kind of ltt community. a way to rcognize fellow members ;) 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

ITS A BETA

when i played R6 closed beta and then a month later open beta, the open beta had much better graphics and more graphics options, looked a lot nicer.

Lets first wait for the game to release.

altho the division did run badly on my sistem, 1440p 25-30 fps, AA off, med shadows

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I played the Beta on ultra and there is no doubt that Ubifuck downgraded it alot. Still looks good tho. But the Photorealism is completly gone. Again we got fooled with fake E3 Shit.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

We don't know if a 980 Ti can only do 30FPS with the E3 build though. I was thinking more of 40-50 FPS. I mean, I'm using super old drivers and the minimum FPS I got was 55. Normally it hovers around 60 or is at high 60's.

With a nicely overclocked 980 Ti and new drivers, I think those E3 graphics should be easily achievable at around 60 FPS. If not, polaris is right around the corner.

Real time global illumination, particles and object budgets amount to serious GPU taxing. We can't exactly quantify the hit because all the relevant info is out of reach.  Yet we know it ran on a Kepler configuration (assuming two or more cards in SLI setups) in 2013. To me it's not unrealistic that the E3 reveal setup could tax a 980ti down to 30fps @1080p. RTGI and secondary light bounces alone could impose a hit equivalent of maxing out AA which taxes most games to unplayable frame rates even at 1080p, let alone higher resolutions.

Much like Witcher 3, visual effect of fire has also been downgraded, it looked great for E3 and just okay at release. I've played both betas extensively, I still think it's a good looking game but it's nowhere near what was shown at E3:

td2.gif

untitled-205y4ory.gif

untitled_325_by_dennisk4-d6xca8t.gif

2379664-5228454877-ihjWy.gif

The engine still looks good but showing so much gameplay foootage that can't be replicated by the buyers is misleading to say the least.

Thankfully I got the game for free because Newegg are cool people! Yes it is downgraded, would that have stopped me from buying it if I didn't get a free copy? Hell no. I had planned on getting it after a few days of release. I'd rather the game run super smooth then be pretty. That is how I feel about most shooting games. :) But to each their own.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Ubisoft just released a recent gameplay trailer. I don't know why but I think it looks better than what I played during the beta. Maybe they've yet to enable other options. Still doesn't look as good as E3 though.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue PSU: Corsair RM1000 Case: NZXT Phantom 630

null

The game has great looks and decent gameplay. The only problem with graphics I have is the shitty textures. Everything else is fine.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

The game has great looks and decent gameplay. The only problem with graphics I have is the shitty textures. Everything else is fine.

As someone who played both betas on the highest settings I cannot confirm this. If you say the textures were shitty then they must be shitty in any other game too. How people can confirm a downgrade on two different parts of the game in two different development stages is beyond me. Of course it isn't as dense as it was at the release (nobody of us can confirm if that techdemo was set in an open world though).

Games change during development, get over it already. It's not like Ubisoft is trying to sell this game without showing any footage of how the game looks towards release.

Division 60FPS Trailer on Gamersyde use this link to not look like a peasant and watch it at a high bitrate.

144Hz goodness