The Division PC Beta graphics, still think it's downgraded?

As stated.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. As stated.

• Yes
    • No
    • Turnip
  2. 2. Just for funsies, will you be buying the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Pretty sure yes.
    • Pretty sure no.
    • Turnip.

4 hours ago, cptavim said:

Why do people put turnip in their polls? I don't get it, is it supposed to be funny or...? Because random  funny.

I look at it as "I don't care" choice. Not sure how other's see it.

11 hours ago, ivhyn said:

As someone who played both betas on the highest settings I cannot confirm this. If you say the textures were shitty then they must be shitty in any other game too. How people can confirm a downgrade on two different parts of the game in two different development stages is beyond me. Of course it isn't as dense as it was at the release (nobody of us can confirm if that techdemo was set in an open world though).

Games change during development, get over it already. It's not like Ubisoft is trying to sell this game without showing any footage of how the game looks towards release.

Division 60FPS Trailer on Gamersyde use this link to not look like a peasant and watch it at a high bitrate.

As I stated earlier in the thread, the game looks good. I have my reservations about content and how the game will hold up over time, I will wait for feedback from the first two weeks, I'm likely to buy it.

Now, Massive have indeed released Snow Drop tech demos and I've purposefully avoided posting those screenshots and videos, even if they contain The Division footage. The gifs I posted are strictly from what Ubi itself advertised as gameplay footage, with full world interaction including UI elements representing a fully featured game, NPC's and online teamwork, engaged in a story line mission. While I do value graphics, I'm not one to reject a game solely on it's looks (I spend ~1/3 of my game time playing games that are 5-15 years old) and the Division already appeals to me anyway but I have to call a spade a spade here. We all know about vertical slice BS but it's Ubi's fault they tried a little too hard to present the reveal as actual footage so they do deserve some of the criticism directed at them. Again, game looks good but not like this:

xTeVhu7VB8jBmOjXLG.gif

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?