Razer Deathstalker Expert or Razer Blackwidow Chroma

jamntoast

I am deciding between these two keyboards. Is it worth getting the Razer Blackwidow Chroma? or should i go with the cheaper option?

get something that isnt razer

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't have many options due to store I am purchasing at, besides a Logitech 910 or Roccat Isku.

11 minutes ago, jamntoast said:

I don't have many options due to store I am purchasing at, besides a Logitech 910 or Roccat Isku.

Get the chroma, razer's RGB lighting is pretty dope

i have 3 friends with them b/c their razer fanboys,

typing on them is really nice (cheap kailh keys but oh well)

overall its a great keyboard, just not the best quality

I'll be able to get the Razer Blackwidow Chroma for $95, whereas, the Logitech 910 is $149. Razer Deathstalker Expert is $40.

9 minutes ago, jamntoast said:

I'll be able to get the Razer Blackwidow Chroma for $95, whereas, the Logitech 910 is $149. 

Then I'd say BlackWidow Chroma. For that price it's pretty good, but be prepared that the keyboard might malfunction some time (because Razer quality). If it does malfunction in any way while still within warranty you should be fine to get a replacement.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

37 minutes ago, jamntoast said:

Razer Blackwidow Chroma for $95

Wow for that price I'd be loading up on them and ebaying them for $120+shipping

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I use the Deathstalker and i really do enjoy using it the wristpad is great however i must admit the keys are not satisfying to click as other gaming keyboard however i found it easy to switch between laptop and my PC due to them being so low profile. I never enjoyed using the blackwidow both on display and my friend's, though keep inmind this opinion is entirely subjective, i found the keys too close together and i always misclicked and typed incorrectly though im sure it would just require some time to adjust. 

Well, Do you want lighting and keys that will probably last longer or just a cheaper keyboard all-together? It's entirely subjective to opinion at this point. I personally prefer mechanical keys over chicklet, but if you don't care and need the extra money go for the death stalker. If you really didn't need mechanical keys there are plenty of options on cheaper membrane keyboards that will suffice. I personally use a cheap membrane keyboard and it works fine for me.