What happened to LinusTechTips

derick90

I think if they started their videos with a short and fast unboxing that would make everyone happy. I sometimes miss those unboxing videos too. And don't say there is not enough products. There is a ton of product that they have never reviewed. Tech is a lot more than cpus gpus and monitors.

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

Well spotted, i guess they either got bored of it or there isnt anything new to unbox unless its sent by one of their sponsors (LG).

Hopefully we see some unboxings in second half of this year :) 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I actually really like the direction LTT has taken with the video content. The unboxing does get a bit repetitive after a while. 

But I'm not saying the whole unboxing thing should be abandoned, no no.  I'd like to see it implemented in the beginning of a product review. 

Do not feed.

3 hours ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

I actually really like the direction LTT has taken with the video content. The unboxing does get a bit repetitive after a while. 

But I'm not saying the whole unboxing thing should be abandoned, no no.  I'd like to see it implemented in the beginning of a product review. 

Exactly what i was thinking, I personally believe that a product review should include how it's packaged, can really say a lot about a company in my honest opinion. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

I think they have a new concept call "The mail room".

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Nothing happened to Linus Tech Tips.

You are just resisting change.

Man I've been feeling this way too. As of late LTT hasn't been reviewing new cases/monitors etc and I was wondering why. I really am disappointed if they no longer plan to do more reviews of the various products coming out now. Sure tech advances are slow right now but I think its a shame that I have to look to hardware canucks, jays two cents and dave2d for random reviews nowadays.

Kind of weird. I love Linus's opinion on products, but my love for his personality is framed within the scope of the reviews or tech related vids LTT used to pump out. Watching them move to the new office was cool because it was an exciting chapter in the channel's history but if watchinh LTT is now just watching a bunch of nerdy guys (no offense, I'm nerdy too) mess around some of the appeal, at least for me, is lost.

I think Linus even complained that slow delivery times for new products also impacted their ability to do unboxing videos because by the time the product arrived, they recorded the video, and released it on Vessel/YouTube the product would have already had a million other unboxing videos.

-KuJoe

don't look at edit history

Edited by superdubs

I love unboxing videos, I also love reviews but what I don't like are the "look at this crap we bought off eBay" videos or "look how big this thing is" videos.

I really wish he would add somebody with actual hardware knowledge from working in IT. Too many video editors who make me cringe whenever they try to do anything tech related.

i enjoyed the unboxings outside in a noise park that the used to upload but i think the need to evolve and be more serious and make higher quality. And i even like the videos right now even more. 

Tbh, the networking whatsamanots haven't really been up my alley and I haven't found them really interesting, but that's just me. I'm still having high hopes for quality content in the future.

Do not feed.

i'm perfectly happy with the channel. maybe some more retro unboxing here and there but other than that. you  have to consider one this: a new video is uploaded EVERY SINGLE DAY. can you imagine doing that, and having to come up with fresh content every time? and this is just only the LinusTechTips channel, this doesnt constitute the other two channels ran by the team. :o 

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

I think that it's possible to mash unboxings to reviews. Though Unboxtherapy and Detroitborg are a lot bigger into unboxings granted they rarely (if at all) do hardware unboxings.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization