Gigabit Ethernet Switch for Gaming

corndog2000

I am looking for a good recommendation for a gigabit ethernet switch that I can use for gaming and have decent ping on. The switch will also be used to connect to some other computers as well.

Just now, corndog2000 said:

I am looking for a good recommendation for a gigabit ethernet switch that I can use for gaming and have decent ping on. The switch will also be used to connect to some other computers as well.

A gigabit switch is extremely unnecessary in my opinion if you don't have a gigabit connection.

6 minutes ago, pokechat8978 said:

A gigabit switch is extremely unnecessary in my opinion if you don't have a gigabit connection.

Not if you assume that he is going to use the switch for LAN gaming. And since he isn't asking about a router, i assume that this is for LAN gaming ;)

get a switch/router with QoS

There you can configure explicit Ports(sockets) or hosts who are priorised in the internet direction

But please dont use the word gaming-switch

just be sure a gigabit connection doesnt improve your ping....

ping and speed are different things

And if you think IPv6 is better because it is newer or faster... you are wrong.. it has more overhead....

I use TP-Link Gigabit switches on a regular basis. Great speed and they are quality products.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SG108-8-Port-1000Mbps-Desktop/dp/B00A121WN6/

Follow me on Twitch! - Twitch.TV/PedenPants

Gaming Rig

Core i7-6800k @ 4.0 GHZ | 16 GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | WD Black NVMe 256 GB | WD Blue 1 TB | Acer 24" 144 HZ XFA240 | ASUS STRIX GTX 1070 8 GB

Streaming Rig - Dell Inspiron i7559

15.6" 1920x1080 | Intel Core i5-6300HQ @ 3.2GHZ | 16 GB DDR3-12800 | 256 GB SSD | Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB

Yeah uhm.. Any old cheap gigabit switch will not even introduce 1ms, hell i manage to ping through 3 switch layers, through my router and on to another vlan and still have <1ms pings.

And as said above, do not get a 100mbps switch. You can get a 1000mbps switch for like dirt cheap. 

I have a D-Link 5 and 8 port switch (basically the same as TP Link's or Netgear's 5 and 8 port switches) and they both work great.

Both are really affordable too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Any gigabit switch will do, seriously there is no reason to spend more if you have to hook up computers to a LAN.

Comb it with a brick