K70RGB keycaps melted

Justhavocman
2 hours ago, Justhavocman said:

im finding hard to  believe that someone would lose his calm over an MMO.

You've never played WoW before have you? 

ZOMG guild drama...

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

3 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

You've never played WoW before have you? 

ZOMG guild drama...

active sub since 2005 , we dont have much e-drama in european servers though :P

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

I honestly don't know what to make of this. @Justhavocman do you know if your friend spilled a drink on that KB? One thing that I can think of is, he spilled a drink and tries to dry it by using a blow dryer. Or do you know if he sits close to a heater? 

ALso, I just showed this thread to our HID team here, they said it's a clear indication of physical damage. 

Looks like someone raged and then tried to get a free keyboard.  Good thing you didn't post this on Reddit.... the backfire would have been real.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

powerful leds or cheap plastic caps. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 hours ago, Corsair Joseph said:

I honestly don't know what to make of this. @Justhavocman do you know if your friend spilled a drink on that KB? One thing that I can think of is, he spilled a drink and tries to dry it by using a blow dryer. Or do you know if he sits close to a heater? 

ALso, I just showed this thread to our HID team here, they said it's a clear indication of physical damage. 

he's not the person that gets physical with his peripherals , but i will provide further info tomorrow when i inspect the keycaps myself! 

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Your friend's lying to you and you believed him.  He trolled the living hell out of you.

Keycaps don't break this way under any sort of normal conditions.  It's impossible by the laws of physics.

I've seen this type of "defect" before. 

This can happen under one of two conditions:

1) someone tried to use a hairdryer to clean/dry off the keycaps, or the keyboard were exposed too long to a hairdryer (this actually happened by accident to someone).

2) improper chemicals were used to clean the keycaps (this has also happened to someone).

3) keyboard left baking in a hot car in direct sunlight.

The only known normal defect with the admittedly substandard keycaps BOTH Corsair and Logitech (G710+) use, are broken stems and the typical worn shiny ABS.

Hooray! Now your friend has a reason to buy new keycaps! :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I've seen something similar to this before, where someone's friend left their board by a radiator over a weekend, and all of the caps melted. It's a thing that apparently happens with this type of ABS. No idea why, but it's not a unique issue here.

@OP, does your friend have a heater/source of heat near his hands when he's gaming? I could see that slowly melting the caps over time.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)