Rampage IV Black Edition is coming out! No more limited for small number of people!

Assassin

So Looks like they are making black edition rampage iv extreme for consumers. 

http://rog.asus.com/261852013/rampage-motherboards/rampage-iv-black-edition-the-ultimate-lga2011-motherboard/

With High End Audio!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

• The only ROG with an all-black color-scheme.

You know, except for the red.

Rampage-IV-Black-Edition-1-723x1000.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Anyone on the forum going to do a build with this?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would like to do a blacked out build with it. But I just spent a lot of money on my new micro atx project.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

This is what the Rampage IV should have looked like to begin with IMO, there's a bit too much red in the ROG line-up and it does seem many people are getting tired of it and going for a slightly more elegant/clean look.

For me it depends on when the motherboard is hitting the market. Up untell now, I was set on getting the ASUS X79 Deluxe refresh that is coming either this week or next, now I have no clue, if this board comes out in the next 4 weeks I will hold out and get the Black edition instead.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I was planning a build with the rampage iv extreme and 4930k, but this one might look even better.

Anyone have an idea of when it will come out?

4930k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB Corsair Vengance Pro 2133Mhz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black edition - 780Ti Classified SLI watercooled

Samsung EVO 1TB SDD - 2x 3TB Seagate barracuda - AX1200i - Corsair 900D

Corsair K70 brown - Razer Mamba - X-Star 2710 @ 120hz - Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250Ohm

To everyone wondering, since the new line up of Extreme processors has hit the market, I say around 2 weeks or one month till this hits.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

See that they haven't used vrm liquid cooling like on the Maximus V Formula. Guess they are are Maximus series boards and not Rampage boards? But like that it has a very clean look going with black.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Wait.. Anyone notice the extra 4-Pin up on top?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

With ram prices the way they are now I'm glad I dont have to buy any right now.  8 sticks would run you like $600 compared to this time last years that's ridiculous.  It would suck to try and populate all 8 dims.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

To everyone wondering, since the new line up of Extreme processors has hit the market, I say around 2 weeks or one month till this hits.

I hope so, I have not been this excited about X79 since it first hit the market. Pretty much all the motherboards you can get right now are crap, so I am very happy that ASUS is doing a refresh on some of their boards :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

I hope so, I have not been this excited about X79 since it first hit the market. Pretty much all the motherboards you can get right now are crap, so I am very happy that ASUS is doing a refresh on some of their boards :)

True. The Rampage IV was alright, but not to many's taste. If you wanted blue, the Big Bang X Power II. Not much choices other than the Sabertooth.

EDIT: God... The Big Bang...

P1020933.jpg

Wait.. Anyone notice the extra 4-Pin up on top?

What's your point? Anyone with half a brain knows it to supply more power for extreme overclocks. Probably something stupid I'm missing.

With ram prices the way they are now I'm glad I dont have to buy any right now.  8 sticks would run you like $600 compared to this time last years that's ridiculous.  It would suck to try and populate all 8 dims.

Why populate all 8 dimms? 4x8Gb is plenty and is about 300$.

What's your post? Anyone with half a brain knows it to supply more power for extreme overclocks. Probably something stupid I'm missing.

No here's the thing, I've seen motherboards with 2x 8-Pins... Why would Asus go for just a 4-pin and 8-pin solution?

No here's the thing, I've seen motherboards with 2x 8-Pins... Why would Asus go for just a 4-pin and 8-pin solution?

Hmm, makes sense. There must have been a perfectly logical reason for it.

True. The Rampage IV was alright, but not to many's taste. If you wanted blue, the Big Bang X Power II. Not much choices other than the Sabertooth.

EDIT: God... The Big Bang...

P1020933.jpg

You know, the Xpower board was my first pick, then I found out that to many people are having so many problems with it, i just said, Im not going to take the risk. I'm not much of a fan of the Tuf Series, but it is one out of the two boards that are available right now that are almost perfect. The other board is the Rampage extreme. So now that they will be releasing an all black version, I am very interested in getting it, but I do not want to wait any long then a moth to get my project started :D

You know, the Xpower board was my first pick, then I found out that to many people are having so many problems with it, i just said, Im not going to take the risk. I'm not much of a fan of the Tuf Series, but it is one out of the two boards that are available right now that are almost perfect. The other board is the Rampage extreme. So now that they will be releasing an all black version, I am very interested in getting it, but I do not want to wait any long then a moth to get my project started :D

I really like the one tone from Asus for the black edition as it might appeal to more builds!

Hmm, makes sense. There must have been a perfectly logical reason for it.

God-like VRM?

Why populate all 8 dimms? 4x8Gb is plenty and is about 300$.

I know you don't need to populate all 8 dimms.  Just pointing out that a build like this highlights how unfortunate the fire was for the market.  Also even $300 for 4 sticks is allot.  I have 4 8GB sticks in my machine and they cost under $150 a year ago.  

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I know you don't need to populate all 8 dimms.  Just pointing out that a build like this highlights how unfortunate the fire was for the market.  Also even $300 for 4 sticks is allot.  I have 4 8GB sticks in my machine and they cost under $150 a year ago.  

If you actually paid attention to the details you would know the fire for lack of better explanation did fuck all and the plant will be up and running soon. The fire looked a lot worse in the pictures but in fact it never even hit the production area.

I really like the one tone from Asus for the black edition as it might appeal to more builds!

I very much agree :)

If you actually paid attention to the details you would know the fire for lack of better explanation did fuck all and the plant will be up and running soon. The fire looked a lot worse in the pictures but in fact it never even hit the production area.

Only reason RAM shot up was cause everyone was scared as hell.

Only reason RAM shot up was cause everyone was scared as hell.

I actually didn't know that.  I don't need ram at the moment so I never looked into it more that the live stream.  Its good news that It wasn't as bad as first thought.

For real, i ordered some 4 sticks of hyper x beast 2400mhz on amazon right before the price went up even though it was on back order. Shipped today!

Whoever posted this you saved my life. I am definitely getting a 4930k and was motherboard shopping and had two boards in my card i was looking at right when i saw this post. Now i def have to wait till this comes out. I never wanted a gold motherboard anyways. Thanks!

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/