Current Headphones broke, need new ones (>=$50)

Cyortonic

I've been using many, off brand, cheap headphones that break every 3 months, and I need a good pair of quality headphones.

I've been looking at Sony MDRZX110NC ZX-Series Noise-Cancelling Headphones, Sony MDRXB450AP/B Extra Bass Headphones, and Corsair Raptor HS40 7.1 USB Gaming Headset but I'm open to other options.

Thank you for helping.

@SSL has a guild for you.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

My personal favorite at $50 ($48 right now on Amazon) is the Creative Aurvana Live!, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find better for the price honestly.

That said, since I am bringing up the CAL!, may as well talk about the good and bad that come with it:

Amazing sound quality for the price that offers a fun warm V-shaped signature with an emphasis on mid-bass. The mids are slightly recessed, but it's not overly emphasized, the highs are nice and detailed that are pushed, but not to the extent of fatigue, I don't think I've ever felt fatigued with the CAL! due to the highs being too shrill, I'd say they aren't quite near the Beyerdynamic DT990 brightness level when it comes to the highs, but that's the V -shaped sound signature coming into play for you. The bass is quite excellent and goes deep, however, the sub-bass is lacking and can seem, I suppose the wording might be muddy, I'm at a loss for how to describe that, but in essence if you were buying these for EDM, there may be other choices out there that excel more in the lows than the CAL! can offer. These may be a closed headphone, but keep in mind the noise isolation with them is pretty damn poor.

To sum up the bads so you have an idea of those; the sub-bass, poor isolation, and the plastic, lots of somewhat cheap feeling plastic. I don't feel they will break, but they definitely have a cheap feel to them, at least in comparison to the majority of my other headphones.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2