SSD not working at full speed

SDDs can run at manufacturers specifications but:

1. They are probably using a completely different set-up for testing therefore you can't compare them together

2. Not all memory chips and controllers are created exactly the same, as long as they meet the standard the manufacturer wants

3. IS 500-500 READ AND 450-500 WRITE NOT FAST ENOUGH?? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

It is below the spec of the drive as advertised by Patriot. Can you find a review of the drive? I'm about to go drive and won't be able to.

I was looking for that since the day I bought it. There are no reviews on youtube but there are some tests on some forums that usually were about the 120gb model. This one should perform faster than that one. At least thats what the product description wrights about. Here is the link of patriots official description https://patriotmemory.com/product/blast-solid-state-drives/

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

SDDs can run at manufacturers specifications but:

1. They are probably using a completely different set-up for testing therefore you can't compare them together

2. Not all memory chips and controllers are created exactly the same, as long as they meet the standard the manufacturer wants

3. IS 500-500 READ AND 450-500 WRITE NOT FAST ENOUGH?? 

Mr. Meerkat if I payd for something and it is described to go faster I want it to go faster :) dont you agree with that?

1 minute ago, TranceOpium said:

I was looking for that since the day I bought it. There are no reviews on youtube but there are some tests on some forums that usually were about the 120gb model. This one should perform faster than that one. At least thats what the product description wrights about. Here is the link of patriots official description https://patriotmemory.com/product/blast-solid-state-drives/

The read they state is 560MB/s for ALL capacities which from your benchie, you got 557MB/s which is fine and your write is about fine as well, manufacturers (in my experience) like over stating their write speeds

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

All I got from it is that one is for SATA while the other is for eSATA.  SATA is meant for internal storage while e is for external.  However, the e one is on the back with the USBs.  So, ya!  The manual might suggest plugging it into slots 0-2 as those sometimes are faster/better.  However, given that the marvel isn't going to make a huge difference if you change where it is plugged into, iirc.  Also, one thing that you have to consider is that with r/w speeds and storage total stuff are never absolutes.  They're usually estimated to a set number/standard.  So, your numbers are likely fine OP.

It is working fine I just wanted to get the most out of it since It was not cheep.If this is the max speed it it able to do then it is ok, I was just wondering if I can somehow make it go faster or did I set it up wrong so that it runs slower.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

The read they state is 560MB/s for ALL capacities which from your benchie, you got 557MB/s which is fine and your write is about fine as well, manufacturers (in my experience) like over stating their write speeds

Yeah I got high reads and wrights in Seq Q32T1 but the other drive we tested ( the samsung one) has similar in normal Seq reeds and wrights both over 500 and mine are about 470/430

2 minutes ago, TranceOpium said:

Found a test of 240 gb model. Now I am even more confused. 

crystal.jpg

That's a 120gb drive test. Are you happy with the performance of the drive?

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

2 minutes ago, Ruhel said:

That's a 120gb drive test. Are you happy with the performance of the drive?

I actually dont know yet. Load times in games are still the same as before when i used a HDD and boot time sucks on my pc because my motherboard takes a long time to get to the windows loading part.Sry for my bad english but you get the point.

6 minutes ago, TranceOpium said:

I actually dont know yet. Load times in games are still the same as before when i used a HDD and boot time sucks on my pc because my motherboard takes a long time to get to the windows loading part.Sry for my bad english but you get the point.

No your English is fine. It's strange your boot times and loading times remain the same. When I trasferred from 500gb to 120 OCZ SSD the change in times was night and day. Obviously these test that we are running are only giving us artificial numbers and not real world improvements. 

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, Ruhel said:

No your English is fine. It's strange your boot times and loading times remain the same. When I trasferred from 500gb to 120 OCZ SSD the change in times was night and day. Obviously these test that we are running are only giving us artificial numbers and not real world improvements. 

Well the Western Digital 1Tb EZEX drive I am using is kinda amazing, dont know why but I had low boot times with it from the start ( using windows 7) and it only decreased with the newer revisions of windows. I was trying to configure my motherboard diferently but I had some issues with that (crashes and stuff ). I was using a MSI 970 one in the start witch had a faster boot time then this one ( now a gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 ). 

Are you running latest BIOS and drivers?

MSI Nightblade MI2

46 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It is below the spec of the drive as advertised by Patriot. Can you find a review of the drive? I'm about to go drive and won't be able to.

Godly, how is your knowledge with motherboard bios settings. I could use some help setting the uefi boot on my motherboard. I have tryed to do It my self but I just got crashes and errors. Also my ram is working at 1600 not 1866 that its capable of ( I know its not a huge deal but still ). 

Can you help me set it up?

1 minute ago, Ruhel said:

Are you running latest BIOS and drivers?

Yep. Flashed It. Done all of that.

While doing some research I noticed on Newegg site that out of the 4 reviews 2 were for drives that failed. Keep your receipts. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220938

MSI Nightblade MI2

3 minutes ago, Ruhel said:

While doing some research I noticed on Newegg site that out of the 4 reviews 2 were for drives that failed. Keep your receipts. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220938

Well, I got their USB drives, Ram and now SSD. Not once did I have a problem but idk there is a first time for everything.

20 minutes ago, TranceOpium said:

Godly, how is your knowledge with motherboard bios settings. I could use some help setting the uefi boot on my motherboard. I have tryed to do It my self but I just got crashes and errors. Also my ram is working at 1600 not 1866 that its capable of ( I know its not a huge deal but still ). 

Can you help me set it up?

You will need to enable the XMP/AMP profile for the DIMMs to run at the higher speed. 

I have decent knowledge of BIOSes, but never did the UEFI booting, so not sure if I could be any help. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

You will need to enable the XMP/AMP profile for the DIMMs to run at the higher speed. 

I have decent knowledge of BIOSes, but never did the UEFI booting, so not sure if I could be any help. 

Well when u have some spare time I could open some video chat so you can see what I'm doing and tell me what to change and what to leave.I dont think it would take more then 5-10 minutes of your time.