Got a free GTX 750 TI, what to do with it?

Emillionaire

I was helping my dad with moving some things from his warehouse over to another, and found a GTX 750 TI over there. (they just place alot of junk there, where everyone is welcome to take from it.)

What should i do with it? Any suggestions? Just for fun ofc.

I have an old pc laying around with a GT 720 and i7, should i put in the 750 TI? 

Yes, the username is cringe. 

Use it for an itx media pc? it doesn't need a connector to the PSU so thats cool

Just now, DaltonM said:

Use it for an itx media pc? it doesn't need a connector to the PSU so thats cool

hmm.. but then i need to invest in a itx motherboard, but yeah. Good idea! :)

2 minutes ago, L0gic said:

I have an old pc laying around with a GT 720 and i7, should i put in the 750 TI? 

Yeah, replace your Gt 720 and use that PC for Boinc. We are always in need for help.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

6 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Fold on it, maxwell is good for points.

Is it good? I thought it was the other way round, that is why i have never folded on my 970

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Is it good? I thought it was the other way round, that is why i have never folded on my 970

On the very early stages, it was bad. But then they fixed it. It's now very much worth it.

Even then, there are things other than Folding out there. Shame on you for not helping earlier.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

5 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

we will take anything we can get. every little bit helps.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Never heard of folding before, can you explain what it is? :)
I just read that its donating for some reseach. 

11 minutes ago, L0gic said:

I was helping my dad with moving some things from his warehouse over to another, and found a GTX 750 TI over there. (they just place alot of junk there, where everyone is welcome to take from it.)

What should i do with it? Any suggestions? Just for fun ofc.

give it to me???

1 minute ago, L0gic said:

Never heard of folding before, can you explain what it is? :)
I just read that its donating for some reseach. 

From what I know, scientists can use your PC's power to fold proteins(it helps to invent medicine and it takes a lot of computing power).

Again, that can be totally wrong, that's just what I understood from things I read.

obligatory "pl0x give me :'(" post.

Otherwise you can gift it to a friend, use in a LAN rig or whatever

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Gimme ^^ Or just put it in your system if you do GPU accelerated work, nvidia cards are good at this. Or build a streambox. Or living room PC, aka streambox! Or sell it, or destroy it or make a tiny casual gaming PC or upgrade someone's else in your family PC.. Lucky man..

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

4 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

Gimme ^^ Or just put it in your system if you do GPU accelerated work, nvidia cards are good at this. Or build a streambox. Or living room PC, aka streambox! Or sell it, or destroy it or make a tiny casual gaming PC or upgrade someone's else in your family PC.. Lucky man..

Already got a system with a gtx 970, so think i will but it in a mini itx system. :)