Need help with selecting a phone

Darky1029

So im trying to decide what phone to buy, im thinking about HTC desire X because its cheap-ish and seems good, but major concern for me is the sound quality, i mostlly use my phone for surfig web, obvious calling and sms, and the music, my headphones are plugged in my phone most of the time so, can you give me any feedback on the sound quality when listening with headphones, maybe some apps that will give me eq to tweak around with would help, if not, can you please suggest me a smarthphone that i could do things i mentioned before.
Money is a concern, so i wont be buying anything Expensive
Not thinking about an Iphone
Im in EU

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Nexus 4 is pretty cheap, but i don't know it thats inside your price range. It has pretty good sound quality, almost no difference from motherboard sound on my Mpower

what your budget ?

check here

best place to get used phones

much better than ebay

http://swappa.com/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Nexus 4 is pretty cheap, but i don't know it thats inside your price range. It has pretty good sound quality, almost no difference from motherboard sound on my Mpower

+1 for the Nexus 4 while it's still this low in price.

http://www.androidcentral.com/10-phones-now-cost-more-nexus-4

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

+1 for Nexus One as the absolutely best entry/budget phone, I still love my HTC One though :3

Galaxy s2 ? or even s3 depending on your budget. Should be able to pick it up fairly cheap nowadays.

Good smart phones with good cameras, avereage music sound (not like it has an amp or anything).

I used to own an s2 until i sold it to my sister.

It's pretty tough so it won't smash or break if you drop it.

Apparently the music on an iphone is pretty good compared to other smart phones, but i know you don't want an iphone. 

If you don't like the default music player on the samsung devices you can always download a better music player.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I use PowerAMP player for my android, i recommend it if you like great audio and eq

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Okay, so the nexus 4 catched my eye, hows the build quality on that, im used to good old nokias that you couldnt break even if you tried to, and the battery life on my old nokia is lovely, i can listen music whole day and i will be on 30%

Okay, so the nexus 4 catched my eye, hows the build quality on that, im used to good old nokias that you couldnt break even if you tried to, and the battery life on my old nokia is lovely, i can listen music whole day and i will be on 30%

I think there's a Nexus 5 coming in October

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I would suggest a Nexus 7

Nexus 7 is a tablet, i need a smartphone that i wont look like a douche when im calling someone :D

Nexus 7 is a tablet, i need a smartphone that i wont look like a douche when im calling someone :D

sorry meant 4 haha xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

sorry meant 4 haha xD

Everybody has a diffrent opinion here and its hard to deicide what to buy since im not gonna be buying a new phone for few years

I realy like my s2 i got it for 160€ with 2 cores and 1gb of ram you can do anything just not those super graphic demanding games (they work but they are a little lagy).

I bought a HTC Desire X in the end of August. Been using it, been lovin' it! Its really good. The sound is good. It has Beats audio and it makes some diffrents. Depends on the music you are listening to. Like if heavy metal, it just makes it louder, sound is pretty much the same. If Dubstep or sth then it does make a diffrence. I really really love this phone. The battery is good, not the best but it can handle stuff.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Everybody has a diffrent opinion here and its hard to deicide what to buy since im not gonna be buying a new phone for few years

yeah It's just because it's cheap :) but yeah

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I have the the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the sound is great, I use different music app's, from the stock one you get on the phone, Amazon MP3, PowwrAMP, Media Monkey and the Google music, all have their good points and bad points but the sound you get depends on the quality of your headphone/headset.

If you can get a HTC one or a Samsung S3 at a good deal then go for that but the best deal is the Nexus 4 atm if you can get one that is from the Play store.  The S3 has the Micro SD slot for up to 64 GB extra storage if that's what you need for your media.

Cry Havoc!

im pretty much decied to go for nexus 4 but to be honest i never really liked LG phones, i hope its the case of me just being a nokia fan boy ( untill they started to make stupid smartphones)

• 5 years later...

Ended buying nexus 5, loved the phone to bits, the camera was ehh.
Now using a nexus 5x, fuck nokia - long live the nexus line up :D