BSoD after soundcard installation. What to do?

Vanilla

Hello everyone.

So I recently bought a soundcard called Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D and tried to install it in my computer. I opend the chassi(turned of the computer first), pulled out my graphic card beacuse it was in the way and then I inserted the soundcard in a free PCIe slot just above. Then I put the graphic card back in, booted the computer and then BSoD. It says ''windows driver framework has detected that a violation has occurred. I'll add the image to this topic here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/117756865996153134987/posts. So what could have caused this BSoD? Did I do something wich damaged the computer by inserting the soundcard? After the BSoD I pulled out the soundcard and booted the computer without it but the BSoD keeps coming back. I do have the option in the beginning to let windows try to solve the problem but i've tried it several times with no sucsess. Here's my pc specs:

Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650

Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 

8GB RAM Corsair cmx4gx3m2a1600c9 (4x2)

Corsair CX600W PSU

1 TB HDD Samsung HD154UI

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Could not get information about BIOS Version.

If you got Razer Comm try to uninstall Razer Comm (restart), then plugin your soundcard and install software to her and then install Razer Comm.

If not try to restore Windows...

Also look here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43084-bsod-loop-caused-by-rzfiltersys/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35245-bsod-because-of-rzfiltersys/

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

If you got Razer Comm try to uninstall Razer Comm (restart), then plugin your soundcard and install software to her and then install Razer Comm.

If not try to restore Windows...

Also look here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43084-bsod-loop-caused-by-rzfiltersys/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35245-bsod-because-of-rzfiltersys/

I tried to boot in safe mode but I keep getting BSoD. So I can't get into Windows and delete Razer Comm .

Neither can I revert changes to a point before Razer Comm was installed beacuse I have not saved one of those.

By restore, do you mean to delete everything from the HDD and re-install Windows? I would like to avoid that but if that's the only option I guess I have to do it. It's just so wierd that after I put the soundcard in I get the BSoD. How would that affect my computer?

I will say that the first time I put it in it may not have been completely inserted into the PCIe slot. Could that have caused the error? But wouldn't it work if I removed it then?

I tried to boot in safe mode but I keep getting BSoD. So I can't get into Windows and delete Razer Comm .

Neither can I revert changes to a point before Razer Comm was installed beacuse I have not saved one of those.

By restore, do you mean to delete everything from the HDD and re-install Windows? I would like to avoid that but if that's the only option I guess I have to do it. It's just so wierd that after I put the soundcard in I get the BSoD. How would that affect my computer?

I will say that the first time I put it in it may not have been completely inserted into the PCIe slot. Could that have caused the error? But wouldn't it work if I removed it then?

By restore i meant to restore the backup copy that Windows made (aka System restore point). Seems that the RZfilter.sys is the culprit which belong to Razer.

If you can boot into Windows try to delete Razer Comms from running at startup. Use CCleaner or go into "Run" and type in "Msconfig" and go into "Start" or something like that (i have different language; 4th tab from left side) and uncheck Razer Comms then Apply and restart your PC.

Get a USB version of Ubuntu boot up from it and delete Razer Comms by hand and also RZFilter.sys (dont know what it will do to the system) or last resort to reinstall Windows.

Ministry of StopIt!

By restore i meant to restore the backup copy that Windows made (aka System restore point). Seems that the RZfilter.sys is the culprit which belong to Razer.

If you can boot into Windows try to delete Razer Comms from running at startup. Use CCleaner or go into "Run" and type in "Msconfig" and go into "Start" or something like that (i have different language; 4th tab from left side) and uncheck Razer Comms then Apply and restart your PC.

Get a USB version of Ubuntu boot up from it and delete Razer Comms by hand and also RZFilter.sys (dont know what it will do to the system) or last resort to reinstall Windows.

I've now dowloaded Ubuntu and put it on both a CD and USB. I set the computer to boot from the CD rather then the HDD and it did so. But right after the first step where it said ''Installing from CD'' it stopped and booted windows 7 from the HDD. I did also go into startup options by clicking F12 and selecting the CD but that didn't work.

With USB I couldn't  get it to work at all. Should I choose USB- FDD, HDD, ZIP or CDROM? I tried with HDD but it told me to remove all usb drives from the computer. And of course I got the BSoD after every try though there is one black screen before where it also says a problem has occurred where I can start windows normaly or let it repair itself. Tried both, none of them works.

Plug in the USB stick and go into BIOS. There should be option to select boot priorities. Select the pendrive from the list as 1st/main and save.

Ministry of StopIt!

Plug in the USB stick and go into BIOS. There should be option to select boot priorities. Select the pendrive from the list as 1st/main and save.

Yes, I have made the usb-hdd as 1st/main drive. But there are 4 usb options as I said before. There's FDD, ZIP, CDROM, HDD and everyone of these has USB in front if it. Wich one should I take? USB-HDD seemed to not work. I'll take a picture of it and link it: http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1378818165_tmp_P1030516.png

Yes, I have made the usb-hdd as 1st/main drive. But there are 4 usb options as I said before. There's FDD, ZIP, CDROM, HDD and everyone of these has USB in front if it. Wich one should I take? USB-HDD seemed to not work. I'll take a picture of it and link it: http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1378818165_tmp_P1030516.png

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-bios-boot-options/

What kind of motherboard do you have?

Also look into mobo manual if it says anything about USB boot.

Ministry of StopIt!

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-bios-boot-options/

What kind of motherboard do you have?

Also look into mobo manual if it says anything about USB boot.

I have a Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 (my pc specs are in the first post of this thread)

So I looked into the manual and it seemed like a usb hard drive was not supported. But wouldn't it work with a CD then? I tried but it couldn't load Ubuntu from it. Do I have to do anything specific to the cd to make it work?

But I may have solved the problem myself right now. What if I install the hard drive in another computer and from there I remove Razer Comms. That would work right? I don't really know how it works with moving hard drives wich already have programs on it but as far as I know I should be able to just uninstall it from there.

I have a Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 (my pc specs are in the first post of this thread)

So I looked into the manual and it seemed like a usb hard drive was not supported. But wouldn't it work with a CD then? I tried but it couldn't load Ubuntu from it. Do I have to do anything specific to the cd to make it work?

But I may have solved the problem myself right now. What if I install the hard drive in another computer and from there I remove Razer Comms. That would work right? I don't really know how it works with moving hard drives wich already have programs on it but as far as I know I should be able to just uninstall it from there.

About mobo - im getting to old... :P

If you got option then do that. Plug your OS HDD to the other computer and just delete Razer Comms and that RZFilter.sys file (should be in Windows/system32).

Ministry of StopIt!

About mobo - im getting to old... :P

If you got option then do that. Plug your OS HDD to the other computer and just delete Razer Comms and that RZFilter.sys file (should be in Windows/system32).

It worked!!! Finally :)

But now my keyboard and mouse is not working.... So what do I do now?

Have you tried to plug them into different port?

Ministry of StopIt!

Have you tried to plug them into different port?

Yes I did but it didn't work.

Both in normal and safe boot?

Ministry of StopIt!

It works when I enter the BIOS settings but not in normal boot or safe boot. 

Try to restore factory settings to BIOS if you played with it.

Ministry of StopIt!

No, I haven't really played around with that. I tried now to restore to optimized defaults but it didn't work. Seems like I don't have an option to restore factory settings. Looked up how to restore BIOS and one option would be to remove the CMOS battery and plug it in again wich will disable the memory. 

Have you tried legacy USB support in BIOS?

On 90% its USB drivers went dead. If you have PS/2 keyboard or mouse then you can try to install USB drivers in Windows. To be honest at this point i would just copy all important stuff from the drive and reinstall the OS.

Ministry of StopIt!

Have you tried legacy USB support in BIOS?

On 90% its USB drivers went dead. If you have PS/2 keyboard or mouse then you can try to install USB drivers in Windows. To be honest at this point i would just copy all important stuff from the drive and reinstall the OS.

Well I guess that is the only option right now. But I could take the hard drive from the other computer and run the OS from it on mine. Then I wouldn't lose the files I can't save. And after that i'll just buy an new hard drive for the other computer. That could work. Just have to add that I built the computer with a friend of mine but he installed cracked Windows 7 so i'll probably have to buy a new copy beacuse I don't have any contact with him now. Oh well.

Thank you for your patience and support though. Really appreciate it :)

Well I guess that is the only option right now. But I could take the hard drive from the other computer and run the OS from it on mine. Then I wouldn't lose the files I can't save. And after that i'll just buy an new hard drive for the other computer. That could work. Just have to add that I built the computer with a friend of mine but he installed cracked Windows 7 so i'll probably have to buy a new copy beacuse I don't have any contact with him now. Oh well.

Thank you for your patience and support though. Really appreciate it :)

Did not helped much. Better still to reinstall the OS than playing around how to fix it. If just need some data to backup from the HDD then put it in the other PC.

Ministry of StopIt!