Bsod because of RzFilter.sys

KR_king
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Probably want to uninstall the programs and re-install them.

I recently installed Razer comms, it worked fine for a couple of days but now when I try to boot my pc it gives me a bsod after the 'windows is loading' screen.
I found that is was because of a file called RzFilter.sys. It's a file from Razer.
I guess it's from the Comms Beta but I'm not sure because I also have Synapse 2.0 installed and their surround software.

I'm more a hardware guy than a software guy so I'm not sure about this one, but I booted into safe mode, now how do I fix this? Do i just remove all of Razer's programs and re-install them one by one, or do I only delete that file, or is there a better way to do it? I don't have a system restore point or any back-ups.  :unsure: 

Thanks in advance guys!  :)

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'll give it a try.

I guess i'm a bit lazy.
It worked, but I didn't want to make it worse or give me allot of work (yeah I'm lazy  :P)
Thanks!

Should I report this to Razer so they know about it? Or isn't that necessary?

I don't know if their programs automatically sent information or not. You can try sending the issue to them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

• 3 weeks later...

wow is it really razr comms? I just got this on my desktop. Will try the fix right now. Can you please advise more ? go into safe mode and uninstall ?

thanks,

Steven

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have the exact same problem except one thing and that is that I can't run it in safe mode so I have no idea how to uninstall that file.