Would you be willing to pay to not get YouTube Ads?

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in awhile because of school and work and other things that keep me busy. But nonetheless I return with a question in poll form! Would you be willing to pay for a membership on YouTube and have special privileges like not having ads in the begging of the videos you watch? Why or why not, and if yes how much would you be willing to pay? I might be up to the idea as long as it isn't exuberantly expensive. What do you think?

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Well, I guess everyone would agree that it kinda would depend on price...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I think up to $20 would be reasonable. Perhaps different levels of memberships with different perks.

HOWEVER, It would all have to be perks that dont give a user more power than non paying users. That would ruin the experience.

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

I wouldn't pay for that, just use adblock and disable adblock on people that you want to support.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Possibly, but companies have to get their adverts to you somehow, they will stop at nothing and end up matching whatever subscribers are willing to pay.

Ads can be useful too, not everyone has the time to keep up to date via articles and reviews.

Adblock is free

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Adblock is free

Yes, but Ad block doesn't allow you to support the YouTubers you like. This way you can still support them and not get ads. 

Possibly, but companies have to get their adverts to you somehow, they will stop at nothing and end up matching whatever subscribers are willing to pay.

Ads can be useful too, not everyone has the time to keep up to date via articles and reviews.

Well I said preloading ads, you would still get after loading ads, and ads around the videos and what not.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Yes, but Ad block doesn't allow you to support the YouTubers you like. This way you can still support them and not get ads. 

Well I said preloading ads, you would still get after loading ads, and ads around the videos and what not.

I think its possible, but it just wouldnt work out the way we would want it to. They should set up a donate function on youtube, that would be nice.

I happily watch a few seconds of a boring ad,(to support what I watch and to support google and blablabla) all I really want them to fix about them is the ridiculous volume levels most ads start of with. I really hope adblock disappears.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

If it was a yearly fee

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Yeah but how do you know that the money you're paying is going to the Youtuber? That is unless you are paying for the youtuber like you can on twitch.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Well most adds can be skipped after a few seconds so no

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Yeah but how do you know that the money you're paying is going to the Youtuber? That is unless you are paying for the youtuber like you can on twitch.

Well the money goes to YT and YT then pays the YouTubers. 

Well the money goes to YT and YT then pays the YouTubers. 

Still don't like the idea because you don't have control of where that money is going to be located. Like maybe you have a couple of people that you really like and you want to donate more money to them. Or Youtube is going to just keep collecting money and distribute the money evenly.

I watch YouTube videos through media portal. THERE ARE NO ADS. LOL!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Just use Ad-block.

Want to support the people you like? Then do this.

Get a second browser, don't install ad-block, then go to any channel you want to support, go to a random video and then add this at the end of the url: &feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

For example, I did this with Linus's new video.

That way it plays through all of his videos on his channel, you can also install auto like for YouTube.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58010

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-auto-like/doieigdiffomodifhffomcffhcpnfhgo?hl=en

If you use Opera 15 you can install this extension so you can install Chrome extensions, because Opera 15 is Chrome based: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/?display=en

After you do all that, go to your sound in the bottom right and mute the second browser. I bet with YouTube center you can also limit the videos to 240p to conserve bandwidth.

I'm a cheapskate so... no.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Yes but it depends on how much and how they decided to charge you and the amount of money going to the content producer.

Might do it if was £0.005-0.01 per view

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Something like Twitch Turbo would be fine for me.

For those who don't know, Twitch Turbo blocks ads on Twitch, but the caster gets a 100% ad fill rate, so in terms of income for the content producer it's as though you viewed the ad anyway.

So, from the more realistic estimation I've seen Youtubers make about 0.0033$ a view, still adding up to 3300$ for 1M view!! 

Let's say that youtube has a HUGE profit margin and sells adspace for 0.10$, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY SPARE CHANGE!!!

adds never contribue with anything useful nor do they give you important news, nor are they impartial so you really can't trust them at all, there is no benefit of having adds, except for the content that is supposed by those adds.

I would like it if I would get paid per ad. Why haven't they thought of that? Watch and ad and get paid. It's genius!

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."