Surface eats iPad market share in the Federal Government of the US at rapid rate.

GoodBytes

Based on Gouvini measurements, the Microsoft Surface sales is penetrating at a very quick rate the US Federal Goverment. While still a fraction, Apple iPads had in 2012, 98% market share (again, looking only at the Federal Goverment), and now it dropped down to 68% for 2015. Android devices also got some gains, although only minor, reaching only 11%, compared to the 25% from the Surface.

federal.jpg

The report says:

The first-to-market may have initial success, but maintaining market leadership requires adapting the product to meet customer needs. Windows tablets have eaten into iPad’s market share by rapidly integrating into PC-based workflows and adapting to customer requirements.

The article states:

The study found most of the tablets were being used for field work. The Surface tablets were also much more durable, being the favourite of the  U.S. Customs and Border Protection, who purchased $1 million worth of tablets,  “illustrating that rugged tablets are in demand to operate in harsh conditions.”

Source: http://wmpoweruser.com/surface-tablets-gaining-on-ipads-in-the-federal-government/

The change can also be attributed to Apple negligence in catering to the enterprise space. What do you think?

I guess you just can't beat the versatility of a true desktop OS like Windows.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

really you dont see the reason why ? apple is being reluctant on decrypting their Apple device for privacy matters, microsoft made a malware OS to track and spy on everyone, this is one way for gov to reward and punish companies, these kind of conracts with govs come with strings attached

^LOL.

They all probably wanted to be tracked by Microsoft maybe.. /s

Lol I guess they agree the iPad Pro is totally inferior to Surface.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

The change can also be attributed to Apple negligence in catering to the enterprise space. What do you think?

Except for the fact that more and more Federal agencies are switching to iPhones to replace their aging Blackberry phones.

Federal government agencies also tend to have very specific requirements for any IT resource they procure. So much so that it can take months to get something approved. This can include things like running specialized software, approving devices to store sensitive data, maintaining compatibility with older software, etc. This tends to lead to a more Windows dominated environment. As more agencies adopt wireless resources, Windows is the clear winner for compatibility. Although I suspect most (if not all) of these specific Surfaces get Windows 7 installed on them.

1 hour ago, alamox said:

really you dont see the reason why ? apple is being reluctant on decrypting their Apple device for privacy matters, microsoft made a malware OS to track and spy on everyone, this is one way for gov to reward and punish companies, these kind of conracts with govs come with strings attached

Yea, it has nothing to do with the fact that iOS is useless for anyone who wants to get any serious work done. Derp.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 hours ago, alamox said:

Tell me more about how the government and Microsoft are in cahoots.

Because iPads are not professionally useful outside of picture slideshows and some few proprietary DJ equipment. My school district rents them out and all the instructors in charge of them always say it's better to use our phones for the assignment if we have android or to bring a laptop or chromebook.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

@GoodBytes there's a typos in your title.

On topic: COOL! I'm replacing my terrible laptop with a Surface in like a month or 2. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Thanks! fixed!

You and typos, man.

How do we know your name isn't a typo??

Just now, Kloaked said:

You and typos, man.

You're one to talk. Last time i checked the real spelling of the word was "Cloaked" not "Kloaked".

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

19 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You and typos, man.

You are right! It was supposed to be Good Bites... I have failed! :P

4 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

Because iPads are not professionally useful outside of picture slideshows and some few proprietary DJ equipment. My school district rents them out and all the instructors in charge of them always say it's better to use our phones for the assignment if we have android or to bring a laptop or chromebook.

Not true at all. If I need to do some web development or server admin work whilst on the move and I don't have my laptop to hand, my 4G iPad is a godsend.

Probably upgrade time, and Microsoft probably gave them a better deal than Apple....probably agreed to pay some tax too ;)

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----