The Beat - Music Club

AlTech
On 2/16/2016 at 5:33 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Anybody know of anymore great movie soundtrack? My movie soundtrack playlist feels incomplete.

The Hackers (1995) soundtrack, Tron Legacy Soundtrack (if its not already in your collection, shame on you lol) Les Miserables soundtrack, and any disney soundtracks, also the kingdom of heaven soundtrack, rent, 500 days of summer

I'm gonna second that nomination for prince of egypt

On 2/29/2016 at 2:28 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Tangerine Dream - The Agency Heist

Tangerine Dream - The setup

Tangerine Dream - North Yankton Memories

Ahh, Tangerine Dream. It has been years since I have listend to those krautrockers. 

Fun fact: They semi-officially made the intro to Mayhem's Deathcrush EP.

There is a semi-official link between German electronic music and the birth of black metal

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

snip

Most of the music shown above, i have never seen before :(.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:07 PM, valdyrgramr said:

snip

I like Jazz, Blues, Rock and Roll, and a tiny bit of pop,

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

This video is 15 minutes long for a ~7 minute song, and it's the greatest thing I've seen.

My music taste is pretty weird, one day I could be listening to Pantera and the next I could be listening to Toto.

My main tastes usually consist of Asking Alexandria and similar bands(hence the Denis Shaforostov pp

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

overly obsessed with 2 strokes and RCs

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

my baby:2008 Ktm 125 sx 

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

let's start with what i dont like: i dont like top 40 music (exceptions come in the form of artists that have been around for decades), emo, screamo, most gangsta rap, modern alternative, modern punk, country (it varies), "core" music (like grindcore), and i especially, absolutely, 100% to my every lasting death, hate dubstep. i'm also getting kind of sick of certain metal bands these days as well. so yeah, if i offend anyone, you probably couldnt handle my music taste anyways.

other than that, i've grown to be an indie listener lately, and i like to support artists on bandcamp.com 

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

What I listen to: (in no particular order)

Blink-182

Bowling for Soup

Boys like Girls

Fallout Boy

Green Day

Motionless in White

Get Scares

Ice Nine Kills

Rise Against

Pierce the Veil

Sleeping with Sirens

My Chemical Romance

AFI

Eminem

Beartooth

Artic Monkeys

Guns & Roses

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Machine Gun Kelly

Rascall Flats

And quite a bit more than that, but if I type everything out, I'll be here for forty-five minutes.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I've never used Spotify as I buy pretty much all my music on CD's/Vinyl. I find more value behind my music when it's on a physical format. 

This is my current physical collection. Not all the CD's are on my PC. Probably missing 6 or so as I no longer really listen to the band. 

Spoiler

Ui3Nmt9.jpg

This is all my current music playlist. 

Spoiler

QgvhKZi.jpg

a4666971b3.jpg

vIDa9uw.jpg

gOMwpjz.jpg

YNe3sIp.jpg

ZnSggN3.jpg

wpNU9dJ.jpg

VKaXD8C.jpg

0661e2897d.jpg

Not all the albums are CD, unfortunately. At least three of the Isnomium albums are digital only. 

More clothing related, but I'd say it's still relevant here, I'm working on a battlejacket. Downside is, it's no where near done and it looks like I'm going to need to put together two just to get all the band patches I want. 

Spoiler

WSP0wY9.jpg

OWfWrkg.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Trailer/Epic music/Orchestral is what I almost exclusively listen to. Audiomachine,Two Steps From Hell(and Thomas Bergersen's solo albums) and Immediate Music are the big trio if you are new to epic music.

730750fb91174b0a237ef60adf7cc41b.png8d17a41dd42e483796cb19a7f298d3ed.png

I'm a huge fan of Two Steps From Hell and Audiomachine mostly, don't really like Immediate Music. 

Here are some other good epic music companies:

Really Slow Motion

Brand X Music

Epic Score

Epic Soul Factory

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

On 2/16/2016 at 1:33 PM, AluminiumTech said:

My friend are u limiting yourself for movies only? Or u are limitless as I do. Which mean all goes. Anime/Games/movies background music(OST/themes). 
From mmorpg

Anime 

Old pc game

Another from my playlist

So I could like put 10 pages with themes, either games, movies and animes.  From brands like > Two Steps from hell, x-ray dog, globus and tons of other brands and artists...  And if u look any music like this. Enough to type in youtube epic theme. And u will have like tons of video clips with music which have been used for movies.. 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

I like a lot of types of electronic and jam music mostly but also have a sweet spot for alternative, classic rock, rap, and hip hop.  I've been listening to the Electric Forest 2016 playlist a lot since, well, I'm going to the festival and love exploring new music so I know who to catch at the festival. 

R9 5900X | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | ASUS Crosshair VIII DarkHero | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 | 2x 1TB WD Black SN850 | Lian Li O11D-XL | Corsair AX1200i

18 hours ago, CyberMist said:

Snip

I have different playlists for different types. Got a video game soundtrack playlist and a Movie soundtrack playlist as well as my other playlists.

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

snip

Then ok.  Because I just want to see how many guys around are free from boundaries for certain music genres. :)

And track of this day.  

p.s I don't use spotify. Not because I don't like, but because there and in youtube don't have certain tracks which I do have.. :P And some of them I edit to suit my taste.  Thats include tempo/speed changing, cutting out boring part. 

7 hours ago, CyberMist said:

snip

Lol, Editing and mixing music. Sounds fun.

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Snip

I did try make own tracks with FL studio 10, But found that to create music from scratch is not for me. :P 
Anyways. my track of this day.

And 

Mum helped me drag down her old record player. Currently sat listening to the vinyl I have had lying around for a little over a year. :P 

This is technically related to the thread, right? 

Spoiler

9oAzr37.jpg

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

3 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

snip

Reveal hidden contents

snip

Yeah it's cool. We allow all the music stuffs :). My dad owned a couple of record players and loads of Records, Also had big speakers.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah it's cool. We allow all the music stuffs :). My dad owned a couple of record players and loads of Records, Also had big ass speakers.

Speakers on this thing aren't really that big, but with the amp on the bottom, they're super loud and are actually crystal clear. Still got to hook up the CD player. I will probably do that tomorrow when I find a permanent spot for it. Probably right next to me so I don't have to get up and walk across my room to change sides on a record or switch records. :D 

Anyone have any suggestions on artists similar to the following?

• The Prodigy
  • Megadrive
  • Protomen (just found out about this one—would really dig more)
  • XXYYXX
  • Tripswitch
  • Astral Projection
  • Abakus
  • Night Runner
  • The Crystal Method

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

37 minutes ago, Albatross said:

• The Prodigy
  • Megadrive
  • XXYYXX
  • Tripswitch
  • Astral Projection
  • Abakus
  • Night Runner
  • The Crystal Method

The chemical bros

The crystal method

Junkie XL

Gareth Knight

Dynatron

Starforce

16 minutes ago, Albatross said:

• The Prodigy
  • Megadrive
  • XXYYXX
  • Tripswitch
  • Astral Projection
  • Abakus
  • Night Runner
  • The Crystal Method
  • I was going to say The Crystal Method, but since you already mentioned them I'm going to group them together: You could look into Infected Mushroom and Fatboy Slim. It's hard to find something that sounds exactly like them, but those two might be you best choices.
  • Judging from your activity in the ´What Song are You Listning to Right Now´ - thread, I would assume that you are familiar with most of the NewRetroWave stuff, but I can recommend: 20six Hundre, Emmet Brown, Protector 101 and most of Vangelis' soundtracks.These recommendations also go for Night Runner
  • The closest I can come to The Protomen would be Armcannon, but they are closer in theme than in sound. Anamanaguchi might also be worth checking out. Again, it's more theme than sound.
  • I'm not too familiar with XXYYXX, but I guess Purity Ring and Flying Lotus sound a bit similar.
  • I have never heard of Tripswitch, so I have no idea. 
  • There are a bunch of differerent groups called ´Astral Projection´. The two I know the best are an Israeli house group and an American black metal band. Seeing how they are so different I can't really recommend anything untill further clarification.
  • For Abakus I would recommend Bluetech and Unstable Element.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Hooked the CD player up to the record player too. Forgot the volume was so high after listening with headphones last night and the neighbours complained because of the opening riff to Motorbreath - Metallica. Joy. 

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

The chemical bros

The crystal method

Junkie XL

Gareth Knight

Dynatron

Starforce

Scratched out, I have heard of it. I'm checking out the rest now. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

3 hours ago, Volbet said:
  • I was going to say The Crystal Method, but since you already mentioned them I'm going to group them together: You could look into Infected Mushroom and Fatboy Slim. It's hard to find something that sounds exactly like them, but those two might be you best choices.
  • Judging from your activity in the ´What Song are You Listning to Right Now´ - thread, I would assume that you are familiar with most of the NewRetroWave stuff, but I can recommend: 20six Hundre, Emmet Brown, Protector 101 and most of Vangelis' soundtracks.These recommendations also go for Night Runner
  • The closest I can come to The Protomen would be Armcannon, but they are closer in theme than in sound. Anamanaguchi might also be worth checking out. Again, it's more theme than sound.
  • I'm not too familiar with XXYYXX, but I guess Purity Ring and Flying Lotus sound a bit similar.
  • I have never heard of Tripswitch, so I have no idea. 
  • There are a bunch of differerent groups called ´Astral Projection´. The two I know the best are an Israeli house group and an American black metal band. Seeing how they are so different I can't really recommend anything untill further clarification.
  • For Abakus I would recommend Bluetech and Unstable Element.

Thanks man! I'll add them to my youtube/music list now. Really looking forward to listening to it all. Oh yea, I'm really familiar with that channel. Still haven't gone through much of it though, so I'll check out those suggestions too. And I meant the Israeli Astral Projection, of course.B|