The Beat - Music Club

AlTech
7 hours ago, Albatross said:

And I meant the Israeli Astral Projection, of course.B|

In that case my recommendations for Abekus also go for Astral Projection. I guess I could throw in Zero Cult and Digitlal Mystery Tour for good measure.

On a completly unrelated note, I just bought tickets to see Magrudergrind and Primitive Man live. That's going to be one hell of a show. Hopefully, I won't break any rips this time around.

it's also stands in contrast to the fact that I just saw Elias by Mendelssohn, which is one of the best operas ever written. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This week's new Shared Collaborative Playlist is for all the Jazz Lovers :).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

This week's new Shared Collaborative Playlist is for all the Jazz Lovers :).

Well, that was lovely and calming. Beats the usual music I listen to. :P 

I can see why my auntie loves it so much. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: Well thanks to some limitations of the current UWP platform it seems embedding Spotify doesn't work so ..............

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

• 2 months later...

Songs for Hours with Spotify's new Recommended feature.

Now over 10 hours of movie soundtrack.............

What do you guys think about this theme song?

The aforementioned Recommended feature in Spotify.

recomended.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

I should really get in on this... here's some of my well-liked albums (warning - highly varied genres :D)

For some I couldn't pick because pretty much everything is great, so I just put the name only

Spoiler

Barbra Streisand -- A Christmas Album (don't laugh xD)

Bellowhead -- Pandemonium: The Essential Bellowhead

Diana Krall -- All for You: A Dedication to the Nat King Cole Trio

Dragonforce

Fall Out Boy -- American Beauty / American Psycho

Firewind

The Full English

James Taylor -- Before This World

Kamelot -- Haven (get the extended one with all the alternate versions!)

Metallica -- Metallica

Norah Jones -- Come Away With Me (and) Feels Like Home (and) Not Too Late (I find the first two weren't recorded super well though and it seems like there's clipping in places and it really bugs me)

Ozzy Osbourne

Queen -- Greatest Hits I & II (the album everyone seems to have xD)

Seth Lakeman -- Freedom Fields

Sonata Arctica

The Living End -- The Living End

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Tommy Emmanuel -- (specifically check out "Centre Stage" for a good sample)

Van Halen -- Van Halen (and) Van Halen II

Wolfmother -- Wolfmother (and) Cosmic Egg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I think that the only musician that is missing is The Purple One Prince, but his music is only on Tidal

6 hours ago, flowalex said:

I think that the only musician that is missing is The Purple One Prince, but his music is only on Tidal

That's unfortunate.

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I should really get in on this... here's some of my well-liked albums (warning - highly varied genres :D)

For some I couldn't pick because pretty much everything is great, so I just put the name only

Reveal hidden contents

Barbra Streisand -- A Christmas Album (don't laugh xD)

Bellowhead -- Pandemonium: The Essential Bellowhead

Diana Krall -- All for You: A Dedication to the Nat King Cole Trio

Dragonforce

Fall Out Boy -- American Beauty / American Psycho

Firewind

The Full English

James Taylor -- Before This World

Kamelot -- Haven (get the extended one with all the alternate versions!)

Metallica -- Metallica

Norah Jones -- Come Away With Me (and) Feels Like Home (and) Not Too Late (I find the first two weren't recorded super well though and it seems like there's clipping in places and it really bugs me)

Ozzy Osbourne

Queen -- Greatest Hits I & II (the album everyone seems to have xD)

Seth Lakeman -- Freedom Fields

Sonata Arctica

The Living End -- The Living End

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Tommy Emmanuel -- (specifically check out "Centre Stage" for a good sample)

Van Halen -- Van Halen (and) Van Halen II

Wolfmother -- Wolfmother (and) Cosmic Egg

We've got a whole lot of Spotify playlists shared that anyone in this club (including you) can add to :).

We've got the main playlist (General Songs go here)

Video Game soundtrack playlist

Our Movie soundtrack Playlist

Our Jazz playlist

AND a brand new playlist! TV theme song playlist....

Yeah we really like Music :D!

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Snip

I can't seem to find the jazz or TV show one to add songs to (web player only) on your profile it only shows the movie one

8 hours ago, flowalex said:

I can't seem to find the jazz or TV show one to add songs to (web player only) on your profile it only shows the movie one

That's strange

Here's the Spotify URIs for those

spotify:user:aluminiumtech:playlist:03AOmhjjiUW0RCr8QH8n5M

spotify:user:aluminiumtech:playlist:4rRc4SHN0eH6dFxHe4d4vV

Does anybody use set the same volume to be played regardless of song?

play.JPG

And hardware acceleration?

comp.JPG

Snip

Hardware Acceleration no

cross fade yes

volume levelling no

Does anybody use set the same volume to be played regardless of song?

play.JPG

And hardware acceleration?

comp.JPG

I don't use Spotify, so hardware acceleration doesn't really apply to me. 

But what exactly does hardware acceleration do for music playback? It's not like playing back 320kbps OGG is overly taxing on your CPU. 

I can't really see why there would be a need for using hardware acceleration. 

I do use crossfade on occasion, but it depends on a lot on the song. 

Some songs just aren't mixed with crossfade in mind, so applying it makes some songs sound like mono mixes. 

And I would never set songs to play at the same volume. That bypasses the whole point of mixing the album, and it risks doing dynamic compression on the songs. 

Also, the Video Game Themes playlist is in dire need of Anamanaguchi

And since I guess we are supposed to share music: I have been listning a lot to Anna von Hausswolf's newest album as of late. 

It's probably the only music, that I have listened to recently, that is worth recommending, since the rest either is or would be considered noise by most people. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

• 3 weeks later...

That is fucking good.

• 2 weeks later...

let me post all of my soundcloud.

Its really long so..

Spoiler

follow you remixes (monstercat)
ncs albulms (both infinity and the first one)
noisestorm - leaving now

valesco - stay with me

fly away (ncs)

mijia & vindata - better (favulous vision)

dytone never wanna leave

major lazer - light it up

kodie & mike emilio - rockstars

kedam - happiness

fool - showdown

eminem - business (matoma remix)

marshmellow - SuMmeR

marshmellow - WaNt U 2 

matt nash - from here

veorra (basically everything)

astronaut (apollo, quantum, witchcraft)

k391 - electro house, nice takeoff, this is felicitas, summertime, suneshine and everybody (Radio edit, basically just a better trumpet part)

MitiS - Born

Laszlo - Supernova (ltt theme)

Stephen Walking - Top of the world (1 and 2)

LVTHER - One Look

Nitro Fun - Turbo Penguin

Tristam (Mostly everything all <3)

Braken (Mostly everything <3)

PBN (50% <3)
Hyper Potions - Porta Vista 

Noisestorm - Barracuda

San Holo - Hold Fast (Music video is pretty WTF and seizure alert)

Stonebank - The Pressure

Rogue - Ultimatum

Project 46 - Signs

Volant - Minty

Hyper Potions & Subtract - Adventures

Grabbitz - Float Away

Lazlo - Home

Grant Bowtie - High Tide

Puppet & The Eden Project - The Fire

Noisestorm - HIest

Snavs - Time

Au5 - Inside

Rogue - Rattlesnake

Feint - We Won't Be Alone

Nitro Fun - (bascially everything)

Slips & Slurs - Malicious

PBN & Grabbitz - All Alone

Nanobii - Rainbow Road

Qwince & Empire - Lenke (Bass alert ;))

TheFatRat (Basically everything)

IZECOLD - Swiggity

Slushii - (Some more, Sapient dream and Emptiness)

Razihel & Aero CHord - Titans

Priority One & TwoThirds - Hunted

Alan Walker - Faded (Paul Gannon Bootleg)

NEEB - You (<3)

VEGA - The Hurricane (<3)

KabookiZ - Got The Crib To Myself (dont know if theres a version on youtube)

F-777 - (Like, EVERYTHING)

Borgeous & Shaun Frank - This Could Be Love (hard to find remix, heres the link:

Bullet Train

F-777 This Isn't Science Rocket (2015)

ForeverBound - Cosmic Harmony (2015)

CosmicDreamer (dunno if theres a yt, soundcloud:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.