Be Quiet! 800 AMD FX-9590 $3000 Overkill build.

So I decided it was time to build a new computer this year. My last build is starting to age out. It's been a great computer but the Phenom quad cpu and Radeon 5670(by Sapphire) is starting to struggle with the games I play on it. Also the case has been through three iterations and even though it would be plenty big enough for the new build, it's very outdated style wise and features such as cable management behind the motherboard weren't really a thing in the $50 to $150 dollar price range when I bought it. So to sum it up the kids are getting that computer and I am building a new one. I'm going to create a build vlog with links to youtube and updates.

So let's list out the parts that are in the mail. links at the end of parts to newegg page.

-Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 with Orange trim. according to Be Quiet! web sight they make red trim but good luck finding one. I tried with no luck. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V35M4138

-EVGA 1000w 80 plus gold fully modular power supply. It's a little more than I need but I want some head room for a second GPU down the road. If you're not sure how big a PSU to get a good tool is http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator . http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438010

-Cougar RED LED Hydraulic Bearing Ultra Silent fans 4x120mm and 2x140mm. Plan to replace all stock fans, including radiator fans, and add 1 extra 120mm to create positive pressure in case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553010

-Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming 990FX Killer Motherboard. Price is awesome and compares well to ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157479

- AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-core 4.7 GHz CPU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347

-Lepa AquaChanger 240 Liquid CPU Cooler. If you're not familiar with Lepa brand it's Evercool. They seem to be rebranding. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W03RM4431

-ASUS GeForce GTX 980 STRIX 4GB GPU. I was looking at Radeon 390 version of this card but it runs too hot making it bad for overclocking. I plan on picking up a second card to SLI later this year. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121905

-G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series 32GB quad pack. Yes this is overkill for just gaming but I plan to use PC for Music recording and video rendering as well. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231610

-Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. Going to use this for OC and programs. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147373

-2x Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200rpm 6.0GB/s HDD. Going to use these for Multimedia storage. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD3BN9042

-2x LG 25" Ultrawide LED Monitor. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212

-Dual LCD Monitor Stand up to 27". http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3BG16C7861

-NZXT HUE Plus Smart RGB Digitally Controlled LED. This thing is super cool here is a youtube link to a review and advert. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811997138

Other than that I ordered Blueray burner, Windows 10, Arctic Silver Ceramique (it was on sale), ASUS AC3100 Dual-Band Gigabit Router, an extra 120mm fan filter (case comes with 2 built in filters), and some extra cables. 

On a side note as of 2/11/16 ASUS GPU I ordered comes with Free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider redeemed on STEAM.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I hate to be that prick, but why a $3000 build with an FX-9590?

And only a 980 :(

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I hate to be that prick, but why a $3000 build with an FX-9590?

im wondering this too you could do so much more with 3k dollars probably get a fury x system 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Not a fan of Intel pricetag. I know they are faster but I'd rather toss money a better GPU. Plus I am used to AMD. Call me a fanboy. Can't help it.

Are you building this for performance? Because I could build a 2 way sli of 980ti's for $3,000.... With like a nice i7.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 minutes ago, Blackout_Garrett said:

Not a fan of Intel pricetag. I know they are faster but I'd rather toss money a better GPU. Plus I am used to AMD. Call me a fanboy. Can't help it.

It's not that you're a fanboy, it's just that the $3000 could be put towards a 5820K/CF Fury X rig...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, unidentical said:

And only a 980 :(

Going to SLI two of them later on. Also I realize I could go a completely different way but it not so much about just gaming.Some programs I rum are CPU and ram hogs. 

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Are you building this for performance? Because I could build a 2 way sli of 980ti's for $3,000.... With like a nice i7.

Don't want Intel.

3 minutes ago, Blackout_Garrett said:

even with the amd cpu i was still able to create a system with 2 fury x for that price 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

here i was able to create a dual fury x system with 400 dollars to spare for leds and other stuff. (not forcing this build on you just showing what you can do with that price tag and your restrictions about only amd)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz 8-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($211.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($152.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Black  6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($284.85 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($608.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($608.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Case  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($175.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2665.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-11 20:38 EST-0500

7 minutes ago, Blackout_Garrett said:

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's not that you're a fanboy, it's just that the $3000 could be put towards a 5820K/CF Fury X rig...

Well, if you're wanting the best performance on a budget build, AMD is the way to go. I'd say when you get into the $1,500+ range it doesn't really make much sense to opt for an AMD chipset. And really, if you are going with an Nvidia GPU at your $3,000 price point, you could at least have one 980 Ti if not go for SLI or a Titan X.

Just now, Kenzie said:

Well, if you're wanting the best performance on a budget build, AMD is the way to go. I'd say when you get into the $1,500+ range it doesn't really make much sense to opt for an AMD chipset. And really, if you are going with an Nvidia GPU at your $3,000 price point, you could at least have one 980 Ti if not go for SLI or a Titan X.

I'd say AMD CPUs aren't very worth the cash at $1500+

GPUs are a different story.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Blackout_Garrett said:

Don't want Intel.

If you don't want Intel, seriously, do yourself a huge favour and wait for the Zen architecture to hit the floor, because Intel is literally so far ahead that the 9590 is getting its ass handed to it by an i3-6100 in everything but heavily multithreaded workloads. And if you don't have at least a 6+2 VRM to handle the woefully inefficient "eight-core", then you're going to either cook the VRM or reduce the overall life of the motherboard you stick the 9590 into.

You have $3000 to spend on a gaming machine, you could easily put it towards a machine with a proper 8-core i7-5960X, which dashes the 9590's hopes and dreams to pieces at STOCK speeds.

Sorry, I hate being the asshole, but what you're putting forward here is just a huge waste of money and you're going to be kicking yourself in the head for a very long time after realizing that you have literally no upgrade path for your platform. If you're gonna go all-out, get an Intel platform. If you're really that dead-set on an AMD platform, wait for Zen. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Moving the server-intended Bulldozer architecture to the consumer desktop market was one of the worst mistakes that AMD has ever made as a company, and they've spent the past five years desparately trying to raise it from the carcass it almost immediately turned into when Ivy Bridge landed and buried them in the ground like a croquet stake.

12 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

A Fury X is not out of the question down the road.

1 minute ago, Blackout_Garrett said:

A Fury X is not out of the question down the road.

What we're trying to say is that you could very easily work at least one Fury X into your build now with the budget you have. See Maybach123's build guide above.

Eww... a 9590 in a $3000 build, no offense but my 6600k would probably beat that.

Id suggest getting a 5820k and a 980ti and even after that you would still have extra money

If you really for some reason want to stay with AMD i would just wait until ZEN comes out. 

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

It's not so much that you're going with AMD that's the problem - the problem we have with it is that you're going with an architecture that is three full generations behind Intel, and about five or six generations' worth of (gaming-wise) performance behind - they have around the same IPC per core as final-generation Core 2 Quads and Extremes, and with the incremental performance increase from Bulldozer to its sickly younger brother Piledriver, the multithreaded scaling actually got worse - which is why sometimes in these kinds of discussions, the Phenom X6 1090T is talked about - the cores scale better. Which is terrifying.

The Zen architecture ought to kick AMD back into the game, but right now they're suffering for their mistake. Intel has led the game for the past five years and AMD hasn't been able to touch them.

Socket AM3+ is at the end of the line, even AMD is tossing it out for good. Don't buy platforms that use it, and certainly not for $3000.

as much as I am a AMD guy here

but you need to rethink your budget if you are chucking 3 grand of your hard earn money down the toilet if you invest on a dying platform

Zen will be on the AM4 platform which may or may not be backward compatible with the FX9590

heck the FX9590 is a joke of a CPU which does nothing but output tons of heat

225 Watts TDP vs the i7 5960X 130-140W TDP

and also the AMD 8 core is just a 4 module with 2 core sharing the same cache

so you can say its more of a 4790K which is a 4 core 8 treads CPU

but the IPC on the FX get shit all over by the i7 2600K

no chance it can even beat the more recent i7

even it got shit over by a locked i5 Haswell

sure some will love some gaming grade mobo but for AMD systems

not all 990FX supports the 9590 monster power

you need to use 8+2 VRM power phase to power it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

2 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

but the IPC on the FX get shit all over by the i7 2600K

no chance it can even beat the more recent i7

even it got shit over by a locked i5 Haswell

sure some will love some gaming grade mobo but for AMD systems

not all 990FX supports the 9590 monster power

you need to use 8+2 VRM power phase to power it

*strokes 2600K* Yessss, my precious.... (I got this timorous beastie for less than a 9590 :D )
and my brother has an i3-6100 - you should see what it does to the 9590, it smashes it through the ceiling whilst producing less than a quarter of the thermal output and drawing about a quarter of the power... It's really kinda sad. :D

Never thought I'd see the day when a hyperthreaded dual-core at stock speeds would be beating in the face of a cherry-picked, factory-overclocked piste-basher of a processor. and the DMI 3.0 interface is wicked fast when accessing peripherals - my bro's crucial M4 is booting the machine insanely quickly now.

20 minutes ago, Sportiva said:

10 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

I'm putting around $500 into CPU, MB, Ram, The rest of the $3000 is all reusable I do plan to sli 2 GTX980's 

Just now, Blackout_Garrett said:

I'm putting around $500 into CPU, MB, Ram, The rest of the $3000 is all reusable I do plan to sli 2 GTX980's 

still i can assure you you are better off taking the FX8350 and do you own OC and get the same speed as the 9590 for half the price

and the GTX980 are bad value when the Fury performs faster and quieter for the same value

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

2 minutes ago, Blackout_Garrett said:

I'm also kinda digging the controversy I've started.