HELP! my two pieces of 4gb (2x2gb) kit of 2 can only be read as 4gb combined

tadubaid
Go to solution Solved by tadubaid,

I've been enlightened by someone that the ram label is a tricky sh*t. sorry guys but thanks for replying on this thread. 
LESSON FOR THOSE WHO HAVE KITS, THEY SHOULD ALWAYS COME IN PAIR TO HAVE THE MEMORY SIZE WRITTEN IN EACH LABEL. THANK YOU

Holy. Shit.

I have been poking my head in here for over a day now, and still, absolutely no one has any idea what size and format this RAM is in.

The picture that was uploaded was of one DIMM, =2GB, out of a 4GB kit (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G)

@tadubaid I don't care what is written on the kit, or what size you think it may be, just count -how many total sticks are plugged into your motherboard? 1,2,3, or 4?

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

8 hours ago, tadubaid said:

no brother 2gb per kit so per sticks i have 4gb

If you only have TWO sticks of RAM, for a 2x2GB kit then you have 4GB.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

14 hours ago, runit3 said:

Holy. Shit.

I have been poking my head in here for over a day now, and still, absolutely no one has any idea what size and format this RAM is in.

The picture that was uploaded was of one DIMM, =2GB, out of a 4GB kit (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G)

@tadubaid I don't care what is written on the kit, or what size you think it may be, just count -how many total sticks are plugged into your motherboard? 1,2,3, or 4?

HAHA i have 2 sticks plugged in to my motherboard. each ram is 4g kit of 2, so i should have 8gb right????? HAHA I have two sticks of KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

I've been enlightened by someone that the ram label is a tricky sh*t. sorry guys but thanks for replying on this thread. 
LESSON FOR THOSE WHO HAVE KITS, THEY SHOULD ALWAYS COME IN PAIR TO HAVE THE MEMORY SIZE WRITTEN IN EACH LABEL. THANK YOU

Ok so you have to sticks, 2x2 GB means 2 sticks of 2 GB each which means that you should have 4gb total, if it says 2x2 GB it's a total of 4gb not 8gb