HELP! my two pieces of 4gb (2x2gb) kit of 2 can only be read as 4gb combined

tadubaid
Go to solution Solved by tadubaid,

I've been enlightened by someone that the ram label is a tricky sh*t. sorry guys but thanks for replying on this thread. 
LESSON FOR THOSE WHO HAVE KITS, THEY SHOULD ALWAYS COME IN PAIR TO HAVE THE MEMORY SIZE WRITTEN IN EACH LABEL. THANK YOU

14 minutes ago, tadubaid said:

yep sir I have four ^_^ any solutions ? please help me

Ok that makes a little more sense. So four sticks, 2GB each and only 4GB shows up when all four sticks are in, correct?

If you mix and match pairs and just run two sticks at a time do you get 4GB still in any slot combo? Or only in specific slots?

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Just now, ApolloX75 said:

Ok that makes a little more sense. So four sticks, 2GB each and only 4GB shows up when all four sticks are in, correct?

If you mix and match pairs and just run two sticks at a time do you get 4GB still in any slot combo? Or only in specific slots?

nope sir 2 sticks each stick is (2x2gb) it is a kit. each ram should be read as 4 gb but it is only 4gb combined bios said

Just now, tadubaid said:

nope sir 2 sticks each stick is (2x2gb) it is a kit. each ram should be read as 4 gb but it is only 4gb combined bios said

What? 2x2gb does not mean it'd a 4GB stick.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

What? 2x2gb does not mean it'd a 4GB stick.

the sticker said that it is 4gb(2x2gb)kit of 2 1333MHz 1.5v
so it is 4gb right? because the sticker said it is 4gb. haha 

1 minute ago, tadubaid said:

the sticker said that it is 4gb(2x2gb)kit of 2 1333MHz 1.5v
so it is 4gb right? because the sticker said it is 4gb. haha 

2x2GB kit means two separate sticks of 2GB each, so combined they are 4GB.

2x2GB kit means two separate sticks of 2GB each, so combined they are 4GB.

yeeep sa i should have 8 gb cause i have 2(2x2gb) but what bios and my system can only use is 4gb (3.7 gb usable)

2 minutes ago, tadubaid said:

yeeep sa i should have 8 gb cause i have 2(2x2gb) but what bios and my system can only use is 4gb (3.7 gb usable)

So you have two kits, totalling four separate 2GB sticks then?

@tadubaid Can you show us a picture of the RAM? Maybe you think it's 8 GB of RAM when it actually is 4 GB. 

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

10 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

@tadubaid Can you show us a picture of the RAM? Maybe you think it's 8 GB of RAM when it actually is 4 GB. 

i know it is 4g cause the sicker says 4G and in the back it says 4gb so it should be 4gb

IMG_20160207_112220.jpg

10 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

So you have two kits, totalling four separate 2GB sticks then?

no brother 2gb per kit so per sticks i have 4gb

11 minutes ago, tadubaid said:

i know it is 4g cause the sicker says 4G and in the back it says 4gb so it should be 4gb

IMG_20160207_112220.jpg

Just now, tadubaid said:

Are there 2 of these or only 1? If there are only 1 then there is no 8GB, it's 4 GB. Otherwise, there is some problem.

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Are there 2 of these or only 1? If there are only 1 then there is no 8GB, it's 4 GB. Otherwise, there is some problem.

i have two as i said in my post sir. thats what im asking for, the solution for the problem

Just now, tadubaid said:

i have two as i said in my post sir. thats what im asking for, the solution for the problem

I don't know then. Maybe one's underpowered or faulty.

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

I don't know then. Maybe one's underpowered or faulty.

hahaha i dont want to offend you but i need to say this, if you dont have a definite knowledge about something, please..... don't ask for info.. don't want to offend you bro but you shouldn't do that :'(

Just now, tadubaid said:

hahaha i dont want to offend you but i need to say this, if you dont have a definite knowledge about something, please..... don't ask for info.. don't want to offend you bro but you shouldn't do that :'(

I thought you could be thinking that you have 8 GB when you really have 4 GB. Can you look in your motherboard and see if there are 2 RAM slots (or 4 if you're still using 4x2 GB)

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

I thought you could be thinking that you have 8 GB when you really have 4 GB. Can you look in your motherboard and see if there are 2 RAM slots (or 4 if you're still using 4x2 GB)

per slot it can only read 2gb which should be 4gb

Just now, tadubaid said:

Try putting each stick one by one to confirm the capacity.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

1 minute ago, tadubaid said:

I don't know then.

I am confuse with the post 2 x ( 2gb)=4gb  2x(4gb) = 8gb

tell me the total ram you have and what it is showing in total ; like this

total = 8gb ( or any digit you have)

getting = 4gb ( the digit you are getting)

4 hours ago, Ddave said:

Try putting each stick one by one to confirm the capacity.

done already thats why im always saying that each is read as 2gb 

my bios can only read 4gb but what is inserted is 8gb of ram
my rams are kits. in total, i have 4 kits with 2gb each kit. per stick it carries 2 kits so i have 8gb