Corsair Bulldog

I did a quick google search to ask this question but everything turned back PS4 and I don't care about the PS4.  

Anyways, I have a Samsung 4k TV with SteamOS and It's capable of streaming from my main PC.  From what I gather the Bulldog is a PC to plug into your TV.  Nothing out of the norm there but my question is when I stream from my PC to my Steam box is my video being upscaled to 4k?  My monitor is 2560x1440p.  Also, when you're running a game and if it's being upscaled, will you still take a fps hit?  I'm running a 980, 3570k at 4.4ghz, 16gb ram in my PC.

1 minute ago, SeventyPointThree said:

I did a quick google search to ask this question but everything turned back PS4 and I don't care about the PS4.  

Anyways, I have a Samsung 4k TV with SteamOS and It's capable of streaming from my main PC.  From what I gather the Bulldog is a PC to plug into your TV.  Nothing out of the norm there but my question is when I stream from my PC to my Steam box is my video being upscaled to 4k?  My monitor is 2560x1440p.  Also, when you're running a game and if it's being upscaled, will you still take a fps hit?  I'm running a 980, 3570k at 4.4ghz, 16gb ram in my PC.

How dose a TV have SteamOS? Can you take a picture with your phone?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

How dose a TV have SteamOS? Can you take a picture with your phone?

Sorry, should have clarified.  I built a steam machine, that is plugged into my TV

Just now, SeventyPointThree said:

Sorry, should have clarified.  I built a steam machine, that is plugged into my TV

I was like. Next TV Samsung Hands down.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

The best option would be to just run a cable from your tower to your tv. (display port if available, hdmi if not)
This would surely use the tv resolution as the default when you are using the tv and if not you could easily change it in display properties by right clicking the desktop.