Graphics Hardware Poll

byalexandr

What GPU do you have in your main system (or your 'gaming PC')?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Select your GPU, please answer honestly. Voting is anonymous so you don't have to be ashamed of your card or anything :P

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 900 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 700 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 600 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 500 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 400 Series
    • AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series
    • AMD Radeon R9 300 Series
    • AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    • AMD Radeon R7 300 Series
    • AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    • AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
    • AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
    • AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
    • Intel Integrated Graphics
    • AMD APU Graphics
    • Other

I need this to show my friend something about Nvidia market share or whatever, not important right now. Vote in the poll, please answer honestly.

Edit: Sorry if there's a poll like this already, I need my own results though.

y u no include 3dfx?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I'm off for today, I'll check on this in the morning. So far it's just as I expected....

7 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I need this to show my friend something about Nvidia market share or whatever, not important right now. Vote in the poll, please answer honestly.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

It's about as comprehensive a data collection for gamers as it's gonna get.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

WHERE'S THE QUADRO ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

10 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

It's cool.

Personally I own GTX 700 series. But in the future I won't buy nvidia stuff.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Oh yeah and where the hell are quadros and fire pros?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Oh yeah and where the hell are quadros and fire pros?

This is gaming cards not workstation cards.

8 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I need a second opinion.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

I need a second opinion.

Some people use workstation cards to play video games!

14 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:
1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

y u no include 3dfx?

Didn't think anyone used those anymore.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Just put the vote under 'Other' I suppose. If you spent money on a Quadro and use it to play games then I'm not too sure I want your data anyways xD

Just now, byalexandr said:

I need a second opinion.

Steam hardware stats aren't votes, they are automatic scans of all Steam gamers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/08/19/nvidia-increases-desktop-gpu-market-share-again-despite-multiple-amd-radeon-releases/#73543832250e

I will not turn off AdBlock for Forbes, and even whitelisting it doesn't seem to work so I just opened the link with IE and be done with it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, Samfisher said:

Steam hardware stats aren't votes, they are automatic scans of all Steam gamers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/08/19/nvidia-increases-desktop-gpu-market-share-again-despite-multiple-amd-radeon-releases/#73543832250e

I will not turn off AdBlock for Forbes, and even whitelisting it doesn't seem to work so I just opened the link with IE and be done with it.

I know, I want this forum's hardware data. I'm going to compare a few different sources anyways.

14 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's cool.

Personally I own GTX 700 series. But in the future I won't buy nvidia stuff.

Why wont you buy nvidia gpus anymore?

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

5 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

Why wont you buy nvidia gpus anymore?

I like raw hardware and besides I love AMDs products. I originally wanted to buy a 280x instead of a 770 but one of my friends said to do otherwise. he regrets the decision and a friend of mine with a 680 now has a r9 290.

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I like raw hardware and besides I love AMDs products. I originally wanted to buy a 280x instead of a 770 but one of my friends said to do otherwise. he regrets the decision and a friend of mine with a 680 now has a r9 290.

Huh well I guess people like what they like. I just perfer nvidia currently for high end gpus but when it comes to the 970/390 choice I would go with 390 and I was looking at a card for that level just due to the fact that it performs better.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I feel like we're gonna get along nicely. :)

AMD 4 lyfe

7 hours ago, roctrebira said:

Huh well I guess people like what they like. I just perfer nvidia currently for high end gpus but when it comes to the 970/390 choice I would go with 390 and I was looking at a card for that level just due to the fact that it performs better.

Just wait until our drivers improve more. Keep in mind our raw performance is way, way higher than Nvidia cards. AMD just uses that to compensate for drivers, but when the drivers improve, well let's just say the Fury X ain't gonna slower than the 980 Ti anymore. It's already much faster than it was at launch.

Still pretty much just as I expected.

Slightly skewed toward AMD on this forum but still mostly dominated by Nvidia. If I were more specific in the poll I'm sure the 900 series would be mostly GTX 970s.

Keep up with the votes guys, more data the better.

8 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Eh, that list is obstructed by the fact that many people also log in with their mobile devices and laptops.

This is more condensed, since people will only select their gaming device.

Slightly skewed toward AMD on this forum but still mostly dominated by Nvidia.

This forum isn't Nvidia dominated. The market is. 

Considering the market is 80% in favor of Nvidia as far as dGPU's go, this forum is actually pretty AMD-favored. Since 390 gets more recommendations than the 970. The vocal minority trumps here.

Just now, Majestic said:

Eh, that list is obstructed by the fact that many people also log in with their mobile devices and laptops.

This is more condensed, since people will only select their gaming device.

Not only that but it's people who use the LTT forums.

Tends to be a little bit less biased towards Nvidia on here, but still pretty biased.

Just now, Majestic said:

This forum isn't Nvidia dominated. The market is. 

Well looking at the poll it's pretty Nvidia oriented.

Not to say that's biased though, compared to the Steam data.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Well looking at the poll it's pretty Nvidia oriented.

Not to say that's biased though, compared to the Steam data.

You don't seem to understand what biased means. If a market is 80% saturated with product A, you will most likely find people having product A in these polls.

It's pure basic statistics. The results are not equally likely. Google it.

Just now, Majestic said:

You don't seem to understand what biased means. If a market is 80% saturated with product A, you will most likely find people having product A in these polls.

It's pure basic statistics. The results are not equally likely. Google it.

Yes, yes I get what you mean. I wanted a comparison of this forum to the general public that data was collected from. I'm saying that even though this forum gets a LOT of AMD recommendations, people still have more Nvidia cards. But in the case of AMD usually being a small percentage, I suppose it is AMD biased if anything. That's good though, a lot (a lot) of other forums are Nvidia circlejerks.