Graphics Hardware Poll

byalexandr

What GPU do you have in your main system (or your 'gaming PC')?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Select your GPU, please answer honestly. Voting is anonymous so you don't have to be ashamed of your card or anything :P

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 900 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 700 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 600 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 500 Series
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 400 Series
    • AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series
    • AMD Radeon R9 300 Series
    • AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    • AMD Radeon R7 300 Series
    • AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    • AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
    • AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
    • AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
    • Intel Integrated Graphics
    • AMD APU Graphics
    • Other

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Yes, yes I get what you mean. I wanted a comparison of this forum to the general public that data was collected from. I'm saying that even though this forum gets a LOT of AMD recommendations, people still have more Nvidia cards. But in the case of AMD usually being a small percentage, I suppose it is AMD biased if anything. That's good though, a lot (a lot) of other forums are Nvidia circlejerks.

Bias is never a good thing, ever. It always results in tribalistic bickering, which this forum has no short supply of due to a very vocal, one-sided group of people. And not every person filling in your poll will partake in the discussions. Most have given up the endless 390 vs 970 debates, and I can't blame them.

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Bias is never a good thing, ever. It always results in tribalistic bickering, which this forum has no short supply of due to a very vocal, one-sided group of people. And not every person filling in your poll will partake in the discussions. Most have given up the endless 390 vs 970 debates, and I can't blame them.

I still wouldn't say it's biased though. It just happens there's a good mix of both GPU makes on here, and that is a good thing. However, in comparison to other sites and/or general gaming PCs, it is AMD biased. But AMD doesn't really have that much market share so it's kind of a mix of both.

But yes, the 390 vs 970 debates are tiring. I didn't even want people to partake in the discussion, just to vote in the poll xD

It's why I mentioned that it wasn't important for what I needed it for, just to vote in the poll and I'll see the results. But people tend to reply very quickly on here so what was I expecting....

Edit: Love your profile pic btw.

18 minutes ago, Majestic said:

This forum isn't Nvidia dominated. The market is. 

Considering the market is 80% in favor of Nvidia as far as dGPU's go, this forum is actually pretty AMD-favored. Since 390 gets more recommendations than the 970. The vocal minority trumps here.

Not really its actually pretty neutral and generally goes with what the best value on the market is, 12 months ago everyone was jizzing all over the 970, now its just the 390s turn as it represent good value for money....

Saying that AMD seem to have good will going for them at the moment, given all the shit Nvidia seem to be pulling with gimp-works. Maybe the combination of the two is giving illusion that the forum is AMD flavoured atm, If Nvidia release something next week, that is shit hot and good value for money, this place will soon lose the crimson tint and gain a neon green tint.

The place has problems, but the fanboys generally cancel each other out, leaving a pretty balanced view.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

1 minute ago, super_skank said:

Not really its actually pretty neutral and generally goes with what the best value on the market is, 12 months ago everyone was jizzing all over the 970, now its just the 390s turn as it represent good value for money....

Saying that AMD seem to have good will going for them at the moment, given all the shit Nvidia seem to be pulling with gimp-works. Maybe the combination of the two is giving illusion that the forum is AMD flavoured atm, If Nvidia release something next week, that is shit hot and good value for money, this place will soon lose the crimson tint and gain and neon green tint.

The place has problems, but the fanboys generally cancel each other out, leaving a pretty balanced view.

Yeah pretty much what I was trying to say, it's really a good balance on here. Of course there are still the fanboys, I won't lie and say I'm not an AMD fanboy, but eh.

7 minutes ago, super_skank said:

Saying that AMD seem to have good will going for them at the moment, given all the shit Nvidia seem to be pulling with gimp-works. Maybe the combination of the two is giving illusion that the forum is AMD flavoured atm, If Nvidia release something next week, that is shit hot and good value for money, this place will soon lose the crimson tint and gain a neon green tint.

But in a market where 80% of the dGPU market has Nvidia, neutral discussion means biased or at the very least overrepresentation of AMD. If it was neutral, it would be a circlejerk.

More people are vocal in favor of AMD than Nvidia. Probably due to the asinine way discussions are handled by....some.

Well, maybe 80% of steam users have Nvidia cards, i expect it to be closer on here due to the community being more educated when it comes to hardware.

Like i say go back a year 18 months on here, and nobody had a good word to say about AMD, they had dog shit CPU's (still do) and was getting killed in benchmarks by Nvidia.

The only thing that is really different is that the 390 is beating the 970 at the price point which most people on here buy at. and it also happens to be a damn good card, people are buying it are praising it and recommending it, just like the 970 got 12 months ago.

If you like AMD you have got a lot to be VOCAL about now, they have innovated with HBM, the have started to improve with drivers, they have a viable alternative to gameworks, that doesn't screw the consumer over. There is a lot of good will for Radeon right now, and its deserved.

Nvidia fans don't have a whole lot to be vocal about right now, due to them not releasing a new card in a while, and being perceived (maybe wrongly, who knows) as the bad guy in the whole game works sega...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----