Is zotac reliable

Is Zotac a reliable brand as im looking a used deal. Would a zotac 980 amp edition be worth it for 360$ U.S. Or would it be better to but a new 970 for around that price. 

I do have conformation the card runs. Its the amp edition not the amp omega or amp extreme.

Edited by Dat Kitty

the 980 for sure

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Zotac is a reputable brand. They might not have the legendary reputation that a company like EVGA has for graphics cards, but that doesn't mean they make bad cards.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

2 minutes ago, failblox said:

Zotac is a reputable brand. They might not have the legendary reputation that a company like EVGA has for graphics cards, but that doesn't mean they make bad cards.

I know they dont make bad cards and there factory overclocks are amazing but i have read a decent bit of bad things about them

2 minutes ago, Dat Kitty said:

I know they dont make bad cards and there factory overclocks are amazing but i have read a decent bit of bad things about them

There's bad things floating around about every company out there if you search hard enough. Like I said, Zotac is a perfectly fine brand to purchase a graphics card from. Whether or not you actually want to do that is up to you. If you feel "safer" shelling over your money to EVGA for one of their 980s, then by all means, go ahead - it's your money, so I'm not telling you what to do with it.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Gamers Nexus didn't like the Amp Extreme 980, but other than that, people seem to really like them.

I like good humans and good food

Their 980ti's are great. Overall Zotac's Reputation is good. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO